Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 74

Thread: The Timmy Hummel "Thug Life" Fan Club

  1. #16
    You know his story Redsland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    7,714

    Re: The Timmy Hummel "Thug Life" Fan Club

    Top Ten Tim Hummel Nicknames or Reasons to Bat Him Ninth in Oakland

    10. Because the DH is in the hizzouse.
    9. Tim Thuggel
    8. You hit him last and that way he's got everyone's back.
    7. Snoop Glovie Glove
    6. If you're gonna put someone in the nine hole, it helps if they actually have a nine.
    5. Thuggy Bear
    4. Lets him give a shout out to his homies when they pass him on the way to the on-deck circle.
    3. Humizzle
    2. Tenacious Defense
    1. Fewer pesky at-bats to take him away from his wife, Jennifer Lopez.

    Makes all the routine posts.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,633

    Re: The Timmy Hummel "Thug Life" Fan Club

    This deserved a bump. Thug Life decide to put on a show for the hometown fanclub last night.

  4. #18
    Member smith288's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Albany, OH
    Posts
    7,252

    Re: The Timmy Hummel "Thug Life" Fan Club



    Hizzummle getting congrats for his home-rizzun.

  5. #19
    Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Portland, OR (West Chester, OH)
    Posts
    6,091

    Re: The Timmy Hummel "Thug Life" Fan Club

    Yeah, I wouldn't mind if Grandmaster Miley gives Hizzumel a few more starts at third over the sucka MCs we've been peepin' out there lately.

  6. #20
    reds1990
    Guest

    Re: The Timmy Hummel "Thug Life" Fan Club

    I don't understand the trashing of Hummel that has been occuring as of late. He has tattoos, right? Cool, though I wouldn't wear one myself because they can't easily be removed. Did he commit a crime recently? I've not heard of it if he did. What does he sound like when he talks? For some reason I just can't picture Hummel as a thug. Can we give this kid a break?

  7. #21
    You know his story Redsland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    7,714

    Re: The Timmy Hummel "Thug Life" Fan Club

    Consider yourself whooshed. :GAC:
    Makes all the routine posts.

  8. #22
    Reds and 26.2's
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Gastonia, NC
    Posts
    651

    Re: The Timmy Hummel "Thug Life" Fan Club

    When the Reds obtained "Thug Life" Hummel last season, he was right here in Charlotte playing for the White Sox AAA team, the Knights...I remember fondly sitting in those seats watching batting practice before games with teams like Syracuse, Louisville, Richmond, and Toledo....Oh how we watched in awe as young Timmy Hummel would shuffle slowly out to the batting cage with his entourage' close beside him, grab his "club" and beat baseballs senseless...

    Oh to have those days again...

    I'll share Presidency of the "Charlotte NC Chapter" with RandyofCharlotte......

    Last edited by FlyingPig; 06-17-2004 at 11:09 AM.

  9. #23
    Mod Law zombie-a-go-go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Miskatonic University
    Posts
    4,302

    Re: The Timmy Hummel "Thug Life" Fan Club

    Quote Originally Posted by reds1990
    I don't understand the trashing of Hummel that has been occuring as of late. He has tattoos, right? Cool, though I wouldn't wear one myself because they can't easily be removed. Did he commit a crime recently? I've not heard of it if he did. What does he sound like when he talks? For some reason I just can't picture Hummel as a thug. Can we give this kid a break?
    "Thug Life" is not an insult. It's a term of endearment.

    No-Wood Reprazent!!!

    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

  10. #24
    reds1990
    Guest

    Re: The Timmy Hummel "Thug Life" Fan Club

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsland
    Consider yourself whooshed. :GAC:
    And that means? No, seriously, I still don't understand why Hummel is being labeled a thug. In the past week or so others have wondered about this, but apparently this can't be let go. If I was enlightened as to why he is being called a thug, I'm sure I'd join in on the fun

  11. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,633

    Re: The Timmy Hummel "Thug Life" Fan Club

    Hummel is called Thug Life because he has street cred... and well the Thug Life fan club here respects that.

    Simply put, he keeps it real.

  12. #26
    You know his story Redsland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    7,714

    Re: The Timmy Hummel "Thug Life" Fan Club

    Quote Originally Posted by ncREDfan
    …grab his "club" and beat baseballs senseless...
    You misspelled ¢-tslezz

    :RedinDC:
    Makes all the routine posts.

  13. #27
    reds1990
    Guest

    Re: The Timmy Hummel "Thug Life" Fan Club

    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    Hummel is called Thug Life because he has street cred... and well the Thug Life fan club here respects that.

    Simply put, he keeps it real.
    Good to see you around, Mission! My wife was right when she called me a home-body, because I don't understand what you mean when you say that "Thug Life because he has street cred..."

  14. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Northern Ky
    Posts
    4,801

    Re: The Timmy Hummel "Thug Life" Fan Club

    Quote Originally Posted by reds1990
    And that means? No, seriously, I still don't understand why Hummel is being labeled a thug. In the past week or so others have wondered about this, but apparently this can't be let go. If I was enlightened as to why he is being called a thug, I'm sure I'd join in on the fun
    This entire Thug Life stuff started as a very racist comment regarding Lopez. I am assuming that in an attempt to deflect the underlines of that thread the all American white boy was put out there to be *Thug Life* and it became a running joke.

    One that I think is quite tasteless.

  15. #29
    You know his story Redsland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    7,714

    Re: The Timmy Hummel "Thug Life" Fan Club

    Quote Originally Posted by reds1990
    I still don't understand why Hummel is being labeled a thug.
    For the same reason Tommy Lasorda called a young, meek Orel Hershiser "Bulldog." For the same reason countess big guys are called "Tiny." For the same reason people call Zombie a "Good Mod."

    Oops, I better strike that last one.
    Makes all the routine posts.

  16. #30
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: The Timmy Hummel "Thug Life" Fan Club

    Quote Originally Posted by reds1990
    And that means? No, seriously, I still don't understand why Hummel is being labeled a thug. In the past week or so others have wondered about this, but apparently this can't be let go. If I was enlightened as to why he is being called a thug, I'm sure I'd join in on the fun
    This should give you an indication why.

    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...ight=thug+life
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25