Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Timmy Hummel "Thug Life" Fan Club

Re: The Timmy Hummel "Thug Life" Fan Club

Top Ten Tim Hummel Nicknames or Reasons to Bat Him Ninth in Oakland

10. Because the DH is in the hizzouse.
    9. Tim Thuggel
    8. You hit him last and that way he's got everyone's back.
    7. Snoop Glovie Glove
    6. If you're gonna put someone in the nine hole, it helps if they actually have a nine.
    5. Thuggy Bear
    4. Lets him give a shout out to his homies when they pass him on the way to the on-deck circle.
    3. Humizzle
    2. Tenacious Defense
    1. Fewer pesky at-bats to take him away from his wife, Jennifer Lopez.

Makes all the routine posts.

2. Turn Off Ads?

This deserved a bump. Thug Life decide to put on a show for the hometown fanclub last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Let's stop talking about those people and shun them as they deserve.

Joey is a Red for life. I really don't care if there are people that don't like it.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Hizzummle getting congrats for his home-rizzun.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Yeah, I wouldn't mind if Grandmaster Miley gives Hizzumel a few more starts at third over the sucka MCs we've been peepin' out there lately.

reds1990

I don't understand the trashing of Hummel that has been occuring as of late. He has tattoos, right? Cool, though I wouldn't wear one myself because they can't easily be removed. Did he commit a crime recently? I've not heard of it if he did. What does he sound like when he talks? For some reason I just can't picture Hummel as a thug. Can we give this kid a break?

Consider yourself whooshed. :GAC:

Reds and 26.2's

When the Reds obtained "Thug Life" Hummel last season, he was right here in Charlotte playing for the White Sox AAA team, the Knights...I remember fondly sitting in those seats watching batting practice before games with teams like Syracuse, Louisville, Richmond, and Toledo....Oh how we watched in awe as young Timmy Hummel would shuffle slowly out to the batting cage with his entourage' close beside him, grab his "club" and beat baseballs senseless...

Oh to have those days again...

I'll share Presidency of the "Charlotte NC Chapter" with RandyofCharlotte......

Last edited by FlyingPig; 06-17-2004 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1990
    I don't understand the trashing of Hummel that has been occuring as of late. He has tattoos, right? Cool, though I wouldn't wear one myself because they can't easily be removed. Did he commit a crime recently? I've not heard of it if he did. What does he sound like when he talks? For some reason I just can't picture Hummel as a thug. Can we give this kid a break?
    "Thug Life" is not an insult. It's a term of endearment.

No-Wood Reprazent!!!

"It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

reds1990

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland
    Consider yourself whooshed. :GAC:
    And that means? No, seriously, I still don't understand why Hummel is being labeled a thug. In the past week or so others have wondered about this, but apparently this can't be let go. If I was enlightened as to why he is being called a thug, I'm sure I'd join in on the fun

Hummel is called Thug Life because he has street cred... and well the Thug Life fan club here respects that.

Simply put, he keeps it real.
    Let's stop talking about those people and shun them as they deserve.

Joey is a Red for life. I really don't care if there are people that don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by ncREDfan
    …grab his "club" and beat baseballs senseless...
    You misspelled ¢-tslezz

:RedinDC:

reds1990

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    Hummel is called Thug Life because he has street cred... and well the Thug Life fan club here respects that.

Simply put, he keeps it real.
    Good to see you around, Mission! My wife was right when she called me a home-body, because I don't understand what you mean when you say that "Thug Life because he has street cred..."

And that means? No, seriously, I still don't understand why Hummel is being labeled a thug. In the past week or so others have wondered about this, but apparently this can't be let go. If I was enlightened as to why he is being called a thug, I'm sure I'd join in on the fun
    This entire Thug Life stuff started as a very racist comment regarding Lopez. I am assuming that in an attempt to deflect the underlines of that thread the all American white boy was put out there to be *Thug Life* and it became a running joke.

One that I think is quite tasteless.

I still don't understand why Hummel is being labeled a thug.
    For the same reason Tommy Lasorda called a young, meek Orel Hershiser "Bulldog." For the same reason countess big guys are called "Tiny." For the same reason people call Zombie a "Good Mod."

Oops, I better strike that last one.

This should give you an indication why.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...ight=thug+life
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?