Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: If you caught #500...

Re: If you caught #500...

I don't know, it would be a decision I'd have to make right there, I think I'd let him have it but a few tickets and autographed balls..but I don't know for sure
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Why not stop at $70,000? I saw a house in Indian Hill that was $10 million, Im pretty sure Griffey would buy it for me.

flcardinal

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    Did you guys hear about the imbecile at one of St. Louis' recent games?
    I would give back to Jr.hoping he would give me a signed baseball in return and he probably would..
    TC,there is a topic post on the Cardinal board talking about the Kid and ball incident plus the name of the fellow..

Quote Originally Posted by TeamMorris
    No, what happened??

.....St. Louis led 12-0 in the third when a foul ball hit into the stands by Matthews got more attention than anything on the field.

In the ensuing scramble, a husky man jumped over a row of seats and pinned a 4-year-old boy against the seats with his legs while diving to get the ball. To no avail, fans started chanting "Give him the ball! Give him the ball!"

But the boy, who wasn't injured, ended up with much more than one ball. In the next few minutes, both teams sent bats and balls to the boy, including Cardinals outfielder Reggie Sanders coming out between innings to do so.

"In my heart, I thought I should do something," said Sanders, who initially saw the incident on the clubhouse TV. "It's all about the kids."

There was also a little extra for the man who got the ball, but he left two innings later and never received the Cardinals T-shirt on which "Tough Guy" and "Ball Stealer" was written by reliever Steve Kline.

"I'm a big fan of giving kids balls. He was a real jerk about it," Kline said. "That's part of life, people like that in the world. They do something like that. I don't understand."
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Obviously none of you have to pay ridiculous amounts of child support.

I'd definitely sell it, but I'd give Junior the first chance to buy it from me.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Give it to Griff...personally

That'd be worth more than money...it'd be something that would stay with you for the rest of your life.

Plus, he hit the milestone, I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    In the ensuing scramble, a husky man jumped over a row of seats and pinned a 4-year-old boy against the seats with his legs while diving to get the ball.
    For the record, that is not at all what happened. I've seen the video and the guy didn't even touch the kid. Maybe his pant leg brushed the kid's shirt, but it wasn't even enough contact for the kid to even know it happened. The kid was totally oblivious to what was going on until a bunch of whiny fans (and the kid's whiny mother) made a big deal of it.

I would sell it to the first guy to comeup with the money its just a baseball

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I think it's more than a baseball to the man who hit the milestone, IMO

capitalism my friend capitalism thats the name of the game

We know who's going to be negotiating Bubba's next contract now, don't we?

The way its going dont think there will be one

I'd sell it to Todd McFarland, since he'd probably overpay for it.

I'm in debt up to my eyeballs, heck yeah I'd take the money.

I would sell it and put the money toward a quality starter.

or a new red Avalanche...

How about if the guy who caught Sosa's 500th at the GAB, catches Junior's?

Turn Off Ads?