Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I miss Stenson

Clemson

I miss Stenson

Disclosure: this thread means more to me right now than any third person stuff

I miss seeing Dernell Stenson in a Reds uniform. Not just becuase I truly think he could add some left handed pop off our bench, but because he seemed like a great guy. I have never met him and am not sure why I am thinking of this right now, but I am and figured writing it down would make it better. Anyway, I think it has been a great season thus far, but seeing #63 on the bench would make it even better.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I miss Stenson

Forget the baseball aspect. The way this man was killed was horrible to say the least.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Our thoughts continue to be with his family

Wow, Clemson! Your thread title startled me... and made me cry.

I, like you, have never been able to get his smiling face out of my mind since the horrible news of his violent death was made public. I've posted a few times after things died down, asking if anyone had heard anything about the authorities' search for his murderer(s), but have never been able to obtain any additional information, not even from Google. In fact, I haven't been able to even find a "new" article for several months now.

I don't know why it plagues me so, but it does. He just seemed to be such a remarkable young man, and a promising ballplayer on the move... up.

I miss him too. So very much.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I miss him too, really wish the Reds had some type of patch on their uniforms or even something at the park
    Go Gators!

They aren't honoring him at all? I didn't know that. My goodness... I thought for sure they would have done something this season. What gives?

Clemson

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Wow, Clemson! Your thread title startled me... and made me cry.

I, like you, have never been able to get his smiling face out of my mind since the horrible news of his violent death was made public. I've posted a few times after things died down, asking if anyone had heard anything about the authorities' search for his murderer(s), but have never been able to obtain any additional information, not even from Google. In fact, I haven't been able to even find a "new" article for several months now.

I don't know why it plagues me so, but it does. He just seemed to be such a remarkable young man, and a promising ballplayer on the move... up.

I miss him too. So very much.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to shake things up but for some reason I started thinking about how terrible a tragedy it was today and figured the best way to vent was through this board.

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

They aren't honoring him at all? I didn't know that. My goodness... I thought for sure they would have done something this season. What gives?
    The Reds did have a video tribute to him (and Marge) on Opening Day and there was talk of a memorial fund in his name, but haven't heard anything more about it...
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 23-18 - FINAL
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1 - FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by Clemson
    Sorry, I didn't mean to shake things up but for some reason I started thinking about how terrible a tragedy it was today and figured the best way to vent was through this board.
    Don't be sorry. I'm sure Dernell likes to be remembered.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Freelin' it

you would think the Reds would atleast put Stenson's number on their sleeve or something.

I Love Birds

I know how you all feel. I still miss Darryl Kile and it's been 2 years. I honestly don't think a day has gone by that I haven't thought of him or his family at least once.

Is amazing how attached we as fans become to these guys who unless they put on our favorite team's uniform, we'd never have known them.

But our lives are better for having known them and gotten to see them play.
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

Should anyone want the info:

Dernell Stenson Memorial Fund
    Bank of America
    c/o Andrea Cosper
    200 Main Street
    LaGrange, GA 30241

I'm bumping this because Dernell is an active player in my OOTP (computer baseball) league and is near retirement after a productive career.

http://www.hblbaseball.com/gamepages/p1242.html

RIP Dernell.

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed
    Should anyone want the info:

Dernell Stenson Memorial Fund
    Bank of America
    c/o Andrea Cosper
    200 Main Street
    LaGrange, GA 30241
    Thanks Rosie, I was wondering how I could help out his family in any way.

RIP Dernell.

Wierd that this thread got bumped, I found myself thinking about him in my car the other day on my way home from work. I hope his family is okay and that Stenson is playing in the good ol' field of dreams in the sky.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Turn Off Ads?