Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Brad Wilkerson vs. Corey Patterson

Brad Wilkerson vs. Corey Patterson

Im in a keeper league and patterson was just put on waivers and i'm thinking about dropping wilkerson for him. Gimme some opinions Thanx.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Brad Wilkerson vs. Corey Patterson

What are the stats?

If power and On base matter over speed, then I wouldn't do it.

its a head to head league with R HR RBI AVG SB TB ERA K W WHIP SV as the categories

That's a tough pick, Montreals offense is so bad that it keeps BW's rbi's and Runs down and he doesn't steal or hit for average.

Patterson could get hot and boost you across the board, but to date he's having a bad season..

That said the Cubs will score more than the Expos, travel less and play in a smaller park. Plus they get to hit against the Reds more than the Expos. :mhcky21:

Personally, I like Brad Wilkerson more than Corey Patterson. This current season's slump aside, I think Wilkerson is a much better hitter -- better batting eye, fewer holes in his swing.

I think Patterson is an Adrian Beltre type -- he shows flashes of brilliance and makes you think he's the next big thing, then you end up suffering through 4 years of slumps waiting for that breakout season.

It's a classic choice -- the solid, less flashy option vs. the high risk/high reward option. In the long run, I think Wilkerson will have better stats all around than Patterson.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?