Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Be the last person to post on this thread

Re: Be the last person to post on this thread

Have a good afternoon Z
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I've never been to Jacksonville. I was not impressed with Gainesville, however.

My great uncle, whom I never met, was on the city council there back in the 50's. It could be partly his fault that I wasn't impressed.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    My LAUNCHcast player is stuck in the 70's today.

How Much I Feel - Ambrosia
    More Than A Woman - Bee Gees
    Horse With No Name - America
    Werewolves of London - Warren Zevon
    Gimme Some Lovin' - Spencer Davis Group
    Hot Stuff - Donna Summer
    Along Comes Mary - The Association

All in the last hour and a half.
    Mine played "Swanee" by Judy Garland and "Bye Bye Love" by the Everly Brothers.

Layla's on now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

RL is being mean
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    RL is being mean
    I'll stop. Just poking fun at you because Puffy's not around.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Puffy is around..well he was..now he's gone..he might be our cloakee
    Go Gators!

I'm not sure why you people subject yourselves to this seemingly random selection of music you describe that LaunchCast delivers. What am I missing?
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    I've never been to Jacksonville. I was not impressed with Gainesville, however.

My great uncle, whom I never met, was on the city council there back in the 50's. It could be partly his fault that I wasn't impressed.
    Had a client in Gainsville, went there on a business trip once and Phish was in town, bought a ticket walked in and then back to my hotel.

good times....... ripped out a great Glide to open the 2nd set.

I'm not sure why you people subject yourselves to this seemingly random selection of music you describe that LaunchCast delivers. What am I missing?
    You can make your own station.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

My LAUNCHcast player is stuck in the 70's today.

How Much I Feel - Ambrosia
    More Than A Woman - Bee Gees
    Horse With No Name - America
    Werewolves of London - Warren Zevon
    Gimme Some Lovin' - Spencer Davis Group
    Hot Stuff - Donna Summer
    Along Comes Mary - The Association

All in the last hour and a half.
    I actually can comment on almost all of these songs...

How Much I Feel - The woman who ripped my heart out broke up with me when this song came out. For about a year, Roy would get all dewy eyed when it came on the radio. Now I thinks it's just stupid. BTW, I emailed her back extolling the glories of my life now and hoped she was as happy as I was (knowing all the time she wasn't and I cackled fiendishly). FOB.

More Than A Woman - I saw "Saturday Night Fever" with my mom and sister in a theatre in Ft. Myers FL. When the sex part came on, I was sitting next to my mom and I squirmed like a toad.

Horse With No Name - I thought this song was done by Neil Young when it came out. Which I couldn't figure out since he had just come out with "Heart of Gold".

Werewolves of London - For a while, I lived a Warren Zevon life style. Burned the candle hard at both ends. This song fit perfectly with my mind set at the time. I howled and roamed the streets.

Gimme Some Lovin' - Stevie Winwood at his white boy wailin' best.

Hot Stuff - n/c

Along Comes Mary - I was in HS when this song came out so its a mid-60's song. It fit with my combo preppie-hippie mind set of the. I preferred "Cherish" with its reverb guitar.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

It's something to break the monotony of the work day for me. I love all music, problem is some days I'm in the mood for one kind of music, and other days I'm in the mood for other kinds. LAUNCHcast has an option where you can listen to just one type of music like : 80's hip hop, or 90's alternative, but I just choose to listen to my custom built station. More times than not, it plays music that I really enjoy. It's just some days that it throws stuff out there that makes me shake my head at.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Originally Posted by Unassisted
    I work in a box in the basement of a bigger box, on a street with more rows of boxes, in a town with even more boxes that are just like mine.

And in this town there is no good radio at all and one can only listen to so much of the 1000 tapes and cd's thay have anyway.

It's something to break the monotony of the work day for me. I love all music, problem is some days I'm in the mood for one kind of music, and other days I'm in the mood for other kinds. LAUNCHcast has an option where you can listen to just one type of music like : 80's hip hop, or 90's alternative, but I just choose to listen to my custom built station. More times than not, it plays music that I really enjoy. It's just some days that it throws stuff out there that makes me shake my head at.
    That makes sense. I guess I'm just wedded to genre-based stations and streams. When I connect, I like knowing that I'm going to get something from the 80's or whatever.

Variety has its merits. I ran across a stream the other day that plays only Van Halen bootlegs. Since I like VH, I thought, "Wow, this'll be great! It turned out to be really monotonous, though.
    /r/reds

One of the reasons I like LAUNCHcast is because of songs it suggests.

I rank songs, artists and albums. Based on my rankings, it suggests other songs, artists and albums that are similar in genre or that other Yahoo users with similar likes and dislikes ranked high.

The song that just came on "Here's Where The Story Ends" by the Sundays. I hadn't ranked this song before, but I really like it. Hadn't heard it for years, and wouldn't have thought to have ranked it because I forgot it even existed, until LAUNCHcast suggested it. So its suggesting songs based on my preference for other types of music. Some days, it does pretty good and you hear songs that you like that you completely forgot about. Other days, you get some junk that you have to skip past, but you still get a majority of songs that you like.
    Last edited by Red Leader; 02-04-2005 at 01:14 PM.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Paint came to see Adam and me. He's so sweet (and I'm not saying that just cause he's a mod)
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Turn Off Ads?