Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Be the last person to post on this thread

Re: Be the last person to post on this thread

Congrats Cbus!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Tail draggin' Thursday for me too, only the weather here sucks.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by CougarQuest
    Congrats Cbus!
    On he and Dunnersgirl? Or on the job interview?
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

I took the rest of the day off and tomorrow, to make a nice long weekend. Perhaps I will do a study on the effects of Rum or Scotch on me in Jan '05. I'm thinking I should start on this as soon as possible. After all, we don't want to have too small of a sample size, people might complain about the results of the study.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I sure hope Boss fixes the "search" function next. We've got a lot of new posters who need to be able to use it.
    /r/reds

We are such kindred spirits, it's almost scary I tell ya

Indeed.

:gac:
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    On he and Dunnersgirl? Or on the job interview?
    Well of course

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    SB, do you want #11 for the softball game? Also, what At bat music do you prefer?
    *Kristin Chenoweth squeal* OOOOOH!!!

:MandJ: I would LOVE #11 for the game... Unless Larkin Fan covets it as well... Hmm, that could be a problem. I could try to be the better person and let him have it... Or I could just whine about it a lot. : Or we could share and both be #1. :MandJ: Anyway, if Larkin Fan doesn't mind, I would love to be #11!!

Can I get back to you about the at bat music?? I used to envision myself striding to the plate to "This Is How We Do It" by Montell Jordan, but that was a long time ago. I'll think about it this afternoon while I'm reading my child psych, if that's ok...
    BARRY LARKIN
    "You made me hope for something better
    And made me reach for something more"

"Love is doing all the little things that don't show up in the box score."

RFS62, we both know the scary thing is, some of those tips we gave LF last night have actually worked for us at one time. Women, those lines, and alcohol, it can be such a beautiful thing.

I took the rest of the day off and tomorrow, to make a nice long weekend. Perhaps I will do a study on the effects of Rum or Scotch on me in Jan '05. I'm thinking I should start on this as soon as possible. After all, we don't want to have too small of a sample size, people might complain about the results of the study.

I saw some pretty sad stuff this morning, and I will definitely be testing out the soothing qualities of the old Grey Goose and Tonic tonight.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    I sure hope Boss fixes the "search" function next. We've got a lot of new posters who need to be able to use it.
    Older ones as well.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

[QUOTE=Super_Barry11]

:MandJ: I would LOVE #11 for the game... Unless Larkin Fan covets it as well... Hmm, that could be a problem. I could try to be the better person and let him have it... Or I could just whine about it a lot. : Or we could share and both be #1. :MandJ: Anyway, if Larkin Fan doesn't mind, I would love to be #11!! [QUOTE]

I think we should use the Dewey Decimel System

Oil is your car’s blood, which is why I religiously change mine every three to ten months, give or take.

Last time, the guy underneath says there’s oil everywhere and my main seal is leaking. I tell him, okay, go ahead and fix it. He looks at me askance, and says, “No, no, no. You gotta call the dealer about that.”

After a week, I remember that I haven’t done that yet.

Two weeks after that, my dashboard’s “Oil” light comes on. I pour a quart of oil in. The light goes out.

Repeat for a month.

Last week, I call the dealer and make an appointment to bring it in. The soonest he could see me was the following Tuesday. Grrr.

Bright and early on Tuesday, I show up at the crack of dawn and drop off my car. He says they’ll check it out and call me when they know something. I ask for a ride to work. He says no problem and sends me to the waiting room.

Forty minutes go by; just me, Regis, and some employees. Finally their driver appears. Grrr.

Seven hours later, no one has called. It’s four o’clock. I have no car. I have to go home soon. I call the dealer. He says they just started looking at it, and he’ll call back soon. Grrr.

“Soon” meant an hour and a half later, when he calls and says I don’t need a main seal. I need a head gasket. Big job. Could take a day and a half. “You’ve had the day, and I need may car,” I say. He says that if I leave it with them, that’d help them get the car done by Wednesday evening. I agree to let them have it, and convince a colleague to give me a ride home and pick me up in the morning.

At 8:15 a.m., my colleague does not show up. At 8:40, I call the office and get his voicemail. At 9:00, I ask the receptionist if she’s seen him around. Why yes, he’s been wandering around all morning. Grrr.

By 4:00, the dealer has not yet seen fit to call and give me a status report. I call. I go into voicemail. At 4:45, no one has returned my call. I call again. I’m told my rep has gone for the day. I’m put on hold. My rep somehow manages to pick up. He tells that my car isn’t ready, and won’t be until Thursday by lunch. I spew bile through the telephone so vile that I’ve had to requisition a new mouthpiece. The rep agrees to give me a loaner, but I have to come get it. (You have my car, jackass! How am I supposed to come get it? You’re surrounded by 300 cars, jackass!) Grrr.

The promised “Thursday by lunch” arrives. No phone call. Thursday by 3:00 arrives. No phone call. I call the rep. The car won’t be done until tomorrow. They’re still working on it, and they want to put some miles on it before they give it back, you know, for safety’s sake.

Isn’t that nice of them?
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    Everyone else, thread denizens, having a good afternoon?
    No, I am having a horrible day!! Nothing serious or anything, but ANY little thing that could possibly go awry is doing just that today. To top it all off I got a surprise and don't even feel well. :thumbdown It's been quite a rough day...
    BARRY LARKIN
    "You made me hope for something better
    And made me reach for something more"

"Love is doing all the little things that don't show up in the box score."

RFS62, we both know the scary thing is, some of those tips we gave LF last night have actually worked for us at one time. Women, those lines, and alcohol, it can be such a beautiful thing.

It's true. And it's all in the delivery.

You have to become Barry White in your mind when you're talkin' this outrageous stuff.
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    It's true. And it's all in the delivery.
    You know, there is a perfectly good joke there and I can't tell it without violating the board policy.

Redsland, that scenario would send me on a ten state killing spree.
    ~ Mark Twain

You know, there is a perfectly good joke there and I can't tell it without violating the board policy.

I was expecting you to repeat one you posted a long time ago, the one about barely touching your fingers to your lips to moisten your fingertips, then touching your partners sholder and saying "Hey, we need to get you out of those wet clothes"

I love that one.
    ~ Mark Twain

Replacing a head gasket takes all of 30 minutes, if you have the part and if one of your hands is tied behind your back.

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    I was expecting you to repeat one you posted a long time ago, the one about barely touching your fingers to your lips to moisten your fingertips, then touching your partners sholder and saying "Hey, we need to get you out of those wet clothes"

I love that one.
    I started too type that one!!! But I didn't know if LF was up to that one, it's advanced.

You know, that one DID work.

Redsland, its times like this that call for drastic measures.

I'd call the dealer and try to get the highest ranking person there. Preferably the owner. Maybe look up his home number.

Then I go thermonuclear, non-linear, and postal, all at once.

I did that with Sears about a year ago. I got my own private hot line to call.

Pay attention to the open sky

Yeah, that one is grad school level.

Mrs. '62 laughed her butt off when I used that one on her.
    ~ Mark Twain

Of course, you need to have that debonaire look and just the right sh*t eatin grin.

Of course, you need to have that debonaire look and just the right sh*t eatin grin.

Check
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    Redsland, its times like this that call for drastic measures.

I'd call the dealer and try to get the highest ranking person there. Preferably the owner. Maybe look up his home number.

Then I go thermonuclear, non-linear, and postal, all at once.

I did that with Sears about a year ago. I got my own private hot line to call.
    Hey, we'v got a private hot line we give to people at work too. I've heard other places call it voice mail, but we call it the HOTLINE

Replacing a head gasket takes all of 30 minutes, if you have the part and if one of your hands is tied behind your back.
    Figures.

Hey RFS, you got anymore of that Grey Goose and tonic?
    Makes all the routine posts.

Hey Redsland, I'm thinking if you stick around long enough, WOY will post a recipe on how to replace head gaskets. It didn't sound too far off from that last recipe.

Hey Redsland, I'm thinking if you stick around long enough, WOY will post a recipe on how to replace head gaskets. It didn't sound too far off from that last recipe.

Heck yeah!!! Possum fat makes a damn fine gasket, I'm told.

:MandJ: :MandJ: :MandJ:
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland
    Figures.

Hey RFS, you got anymore of that Grey Goose and tonic?

I'm on my way.

:RedinDC:
    ~ Mark Twain

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Barry11
    No, I am having a horrible day!! Nothing serious or anything, but ANY little thing that could possibly go awry is doing just that today. To top it all off I got a surprise and don't even feel well. :thumbdown It's been quite a rough day...
    The weekend cometh soon girl. Don't fret.

Turn Off Ads?