Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 3955 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127671175171017 ... LastLast

Thread: Be the last person to post on this thread

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Re: Be the last person to post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    When I was a catcher at Kent, we had another guy come in to the program who was a catcher (freshman) when I was a junior. The first practice of the year he forgot his cup, thinking that it would be more meetings, greetings type stuff than actual practice. He quickly paid the price. He got hit by a foul tip, and had to go to the hospital and had to have one of his testicles removed. He was known to the team as Uno (meaning "one") from then on, and he never again forgot his cup.
    Red Leader states aloud
    Learn from the wisdom of Uno
    Don't put balls in jeopardy

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    Red Leader states aloud
    Learn from the wisdom of Uno
    Don't put balls in jeopardy

I saw Uno last year at homecoming. Nothing's changed, although he did get married a year ago this summer. His wife didn't seem to care for the fact that we called him Uno. He must not have informed her of this nickname before they went to homecoming. She didn't seem to like us very much because of this. He still likes being called Uno.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

13 people are killed each year by vending machine's falling on them.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

The first owner of the Marlboro company died of lung cancer.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    13 people are killed each year by vending machine's falling on them.
    Would you care to guess if at least 13 guys lose a family jewel thanks to baseball bouncing incidents each year?

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    Would you care to guess if at least 13 guys lose a family jewel thanks to baseball bouncing incidents each year?

I bet its significantly higher than 13 a year.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I bet its significantly higher than 13 a year.
    Yeah, I would guess it is higher than 13 as well
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

La Dolce Vita

"Buck did not read the newspapers, or he would have known that trouble was brewing, not alone for himself, but for every tidewater dog, strong of muscle and with warm, long hair, from Puget Sound to San Diego."

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetstop
    "Buck did not read the newspapers, or he would have known that trouble was brewing, not alone for himself, but for every tidewater dog, strong of muscle and with warm, long hair, from Puget Sound to San Diego."

'Call of the Wild', maybe?

How about "It was a dark and stormy night..."?

Two men in West Virginia stole a refrigerator from a new home. First, they banged up the walls and ceilings moving the item out of the house. Then, when they got the refrigerator into their truck, they got stuck in the mud and decided the refrigerator was too heavy. So they put it back in the house, only to return to a running truck with locked doors.
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Borkowski
    How about "It was a dark and stormy night..."?
    Every Halloween book from my childhood?

The first CD pressed in the US was Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the USA."
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

The 57 on the Heinz ketchup bottle represents the number of varieties of
    pickles the company once had.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

The 57 on the Heinz ketchup bottle represents the number of varieties of
    pickles the company once had.
    *DING*

False

http://www.snopes.com/business/hidden/heinz57.asp

It was in 1896 that Henry Heinz came up with one of the most recognized slogans in advertising history: "57 Varieties." This catch phrase had nothing to do with the actual number of varieties produced by H. J. Heinz, though, which by then totalled over 60 (including plum pudding, strawberry preserve, India relish, olive oil, spaghetti, euchred pickle, currant jelly, chili sauce, peanut butter, and celery soup). Rather, Heinz was riding an elevated train in New York when he spied an advertising placard in the train car promoting "21 styles" of shoes; struck by the concept, and recognizing that catchiness and resonance were far more important qualities for a company slogan than literal accuracy, Heinz cast about for the perfect number to use for his own company's version of the phrase. Settling on fifty-seven, Heinz soon put the number to work, and within a week the sign of the green Heinz pickle bearing the words "57 Varieties" was everywhere Heinz "could find a place to stick it." He soon ordered the construction of a six-story, twelve-hundred-light display featuring a forty-foot pickle; installed at the intersection of 5th Avenue and 23rd Street in New York City, this electric marvel dazzled New York residents and tourists until 1906.

By the time the H. J. Heinz company celebrated its 100th anniversary in 1969 its product line included more than 1,100 items, but over the years the number 57 had permeated almost every aspect of the Heinz corporate culture. Besides being a company slogan, it appeared in the name of one of their best-selling products (Heinz 57 steak sauce), their mailing address (P.O. Box 57), and their phone number (273-5757). Yankee great Joe DiMaggio reportedly lost out on a $10,000 promotional deal with Heinz when his major-league record hitting streak ended at 56 games in July 1941 (he later claimed that the Heinz deal was "just talk"), up until the 1950s anyone who wrote to Heinz about an upcoming 57th birthday received a free case of Heinz products, and in 2001 Heinz paid $57 million to have the new home of the Pittsburgh Steelers football team dubbed Heinz Field.

A robber walked into a convenience store in Oklahoma and demanded all the money in the cash register. However, when the crook decided there wasn't enough money, he tied up the clerk and began to man the cash register himself. He was still there 3 hours later when police came and arrested him.
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Turn Off Ads?