Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Be the last person to post on this thread

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: Be the last person to post on this thread

After over 200 positive experiences with eBay, I finally had a worst case experience with a seller this week. Seller hasn't shipped the item in the 10 days since I purchased it. Even sent me a bogus tracking number. So I filed a fraud report with eBay and Paypal on him tonight. We'll see if that gets his attention.

I think he may have been dragging his feet because he felt I didn't pay as much as he wanted to sell the item for. Too bad. I'll be getting my money back if he doesn't want to respond.

Last week I had my first (false/retaliatory) negative feedback from a non-paying buyer. Neither experience is much fun, but I am confident I'll get the last laugh on today's transaction.
    /r/reds

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    My absolute annoyance of Leo will probably keep me from ever watching The Aviator. There's only a few actors that I loathe so much that I would probably keep from watching any movie they're in. Leo is one of them.
    I know what you mean. There are plenty of actors whose work I dismiss out of hand for that reason. If I wasn't tired, my mind would be able to produce an example.

I don't always like Leo's work, but I thought he was terrific way back in "Gilbert Grape" and more recently in "Catch Me If you Can," so I still approach his stuff with an open mind.
    /r/reds

Another interesting phenomenon I observed at "The Aviator" tonight is that the audience was comprised mostly of a few dozen older, probably retired people. They were quiet during the movie, but the minute the credits rolled, they started enthusiastically discussing details of the movie with each other. I'm sure many of them remembered most of Howard Hughes' exploits.
    /r/reds

LF & Phil, I'll be thinking of your grandmothers. My grandfather had a bout with pneumonia a couple of years ago and he's over 90 years old. He came through with it OK. He's not in perfect health but he and my grandmother do OK. Hopefully your grandmothers can pull through.

Sorry to hear about your friend, Craig. I know you two weren't close but someone dying that young hits close to home.

Rosie, glad to hear about the dog and the party. I bet you felt 6 feet tall when she went around showing everyone what you got her.

Does it make me a bad person if I drove past someone on Central Parkway tonight about 1:15 a.m. who was wanting to get picked up? It's so cold out there, I really felt bad for that person but you never know about people.

I kinda hate to say this in the midst of all these sad stories but I had a really good time tonight and some weird, strange but good things happened. Nothing earth shattering but really good. I'll fill y'all in on the details tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

You guys and gals are all great people!
    Thank you for your condolences, thoughts, and prayers. And thank you LGJ for making my picture your avatar, I am honored

I went out tonight and feel alot better about it all now. These things happen, and they happen to everyone, unfortunatley, actually, luckily, Im not very experienced in dealing with loss such as this.

Oh yeah, and DG was actually nice to me tonight! what the hell is going on here?? :MandJ:

Chip..I don't blame you for driving by someone at 1:15am, you just can never tell who really needs help and who wants to mug you
    Go Gators!

I would drive by someone at that time too. But I would also get on the cell and call the non emergency police number to let them know someone is stuck out there that late.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

My grandma, Jean Stephenson, passed away this morning at 5:30.

We're all doing ok, but this week is going to be rough.

I'll check in every now and then.

Sorry Raisor.

Sad weekend for this thread.

Raisor, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

Our prayers are with you and your family.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

LF and Cbus, hang in there.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Anyone ever watch Tigerland? I never heard of it. Came across it at 7:00 this morning. Pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    Watched a bad movie on DVD borrowed from the library tonight. : Only redeeming quality was the price.

Took my oldest to see "The Aviator" before that. Good movie. About 20-30 minutes too long, though. I could see Leo taking home a statue next month for his portrayal of Howard Hughes.
    I really like him and Tom Hanks in "Catch Me If You Can" (good movie).

Spent Saturday lying around on the couch watching bad movies on the Sci-Fi Channel (Flying Virus, Larva). Terrible movies. :thumbdown

Gonna lie around some more this morning... take another nap.... and get ready for ze football games. That's the bad part of being a 3rd shifter - having to go into work on Sunday night (which would be our Monday).

And this weather makes it so you really can't do anything much at all (at least that is my excuse and I'm stickin' with it).
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    I would drive by someone at that time too. But I would also get on the cell and call the non emergency police number to let them know someone is stuck out there that late.
    I was thinking about that but I didn't know the number. Of course if the guy would have walked several blocks in the other direction, he would have actully been at the main police station.

So sorry to hear about your grandma, Phil.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

I would just like to say, that if Ashlee Simpson was 1/10 as hot as her sister, then her show might be the slightest bit bearable.

With that, Im off to the studio for THE ENTIRE DAY. Be back sometime after 10.

Watch football for me, everyone

Turn Off Ads?