Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Be the last person to post on this thread

Re: Be the last person to post on this thread

I'm sorry CQ. You've had a crap week. *hug*

2. Turn Off Ads?

WOY - I didn't respond to your website post, because I kept waiting for a second website. I thought you wanted us to choose between 2. I must have misread.

Sorry to hear that CQ.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

The Red's started piquing my interest enough to start reading the BB side again. The clouds are still pretty dark over there.

7:30am meeting, Hornets game at 7pm tonight. Won't be home until after.

Woke up really, really dizzy this morning. Don't know what that was. Went back to bed for a half hour, and it seems better. Hope it's gone.

Have a great day, everybody.

RL and lgj, hope you're doing better.

CQ, I'll be thinking about you and your coworkers today.

Sorry to hear about your coworker CQ.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Another big moon out on my drive in this AM. No brilliant sunrise though.

Driving up the street and looking at the moon, a big hawk flew right in front of it. Seems like an omen of something.

Ever have one of those mornings? I forgot to set my alarm last night so I was late getting up, spilled a glass of juice in the kitchen, couldn't find my cell phone, and dropped my car keys in the crack between the seat and console and scraped off a scab digging them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    Another big moon out on my drive in this AM. No brilliant sunrise though.

Driving up the street and looking at the moon, a big hawk flew right in front of it. Seems like an omen of something.

Read any Castenada back in the day?
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Since I thought of them and its quiet in here, I've got 2 elephant bathroom stories.

Opening Day a few years back at Cinergy... Part of the parade coming through the field were elephants from the Cincinnati Zoo. During the festivities, one elephant had to relieve himself of a load. Some zoo guy had to play catcher with a plastic trash can held up to the elephant's butt right there in front of the huge crowd. The crowd went nuts and he got a standing O. He took a bow.

Columbus Zoo, several years back... There with the wife and kids (the were little boscos then). They had a program going where you could pet some of the animals. We're there petting this huge elephant along with about 50 other people. I'm chatting with the handler when the elephant starts doing a little dance. The handler says to me "bathroom, watch it". I gather the kids and stand back about 10 feet. This elephant lets go with an elephant sized pee. I mean, we're not talking about a polite little tinkle, we're talking *gallons*. Many people didn't get the word and let's just say, the handler gave out a lot of paper towels and some people had some mighty stinky gym shoes for the rest of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    Spot on RFS... Indeed I did. Not sure I read all of them, but I read a bunch of them. I could relate to the books on a variety of levels.

On the drive in after seeing the bird, I was wracking my brains because the moment seemed a famliar one. Maybe it was Castenada....

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    Spot on RFS... Indeed I did. Not sure I read all of them, but I read a bunch of them. I could relate to the books on a variety of levels.

Yep, me too. I loved those books.

The "Impeccible Warrior" ideal was great stuff.

Lebron James is the real deal...

When we finished and drywalled our basement a few years back, I put in a room that was going to be my office. Well, it never quite became that and ended up being a repository for junk.

Over the holidays, I cleaned out a whole bunch of crap out of the basement, bought new shelves for storage, rewired the lights so they are all switched instead of pull chain, cleaned up all the paint cans (paint hardener works well), and just organized the whole area.

I also cleaned out the office and put in the weight bench, exercise bike, and treadmill that had been gathering dust. I also ran some coax video cable down there and installed a little 17" TV on a high shelf so that I could watch TV while exercising.

I've been hitting the treadmill pretty good, working out with weights with my son, and generally trying to get in some semblence of shape. Also watching what I eat. Not starving myself, but eating an orange or apple instead of potato chips, not getting a second helping at dinner, drinking a lot of water, etc etc. I've managed to drop about 14 lbs., but still have a ways to go.

But what I do when on the treadmill is watch basketball. I watch either what's on ESPN or watch FoxOhio and the Cavs game. Its interesting since I turn down the sound (can't really hear it above the treadmill noise) so I don't hear all the announcer crap and the hype, just watch the players. Sometimes you see guys play and think "who *is* this guy?".

Watched the Cavs-Wizards game the other night.

James is the real deal. He's getting the vet calls from NBA refs, plays with intensity, and is just head and shoulders above most of the players on the court. He still loses focus every so often, but give him another year or 2, and he's going to be Magic Johnson. And he just turned 20. The Cavs are building a nice team around him.

I myself no.... lived it pretty much though.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    WOY - I didn't respond to your website post, because I kept waiting for a second website. I thought you wanted us to choose between 2. I must have misread.
    Don't worry, I moved ahead on the 2nd one more and am working on that one as the master now.

I just took that 80's lyrics test. I had three answers right that they screwed me out of. Bastards!!

One I added an "s" on, then I spelled Jesse's instead of Jessie, and then I spelled Chrysler wrong. I should have scored an 120. Dammit.
    Last edited by Puffy; 01-26-2005 at 11:43 AM.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Turn Off Ads?