Turn Off Ads?
Page 3949 of 3955 FirstFirst ... 29493449384938993939394539463947394839493950395139523953 ... LastLast
Results 59,221 to 59,235 of 59313

Thread: Be the last person to post on this thread

Re: Be the last person to post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    Where do all your state, property, local income and sales taxes go?

(Yes, yes, yes .... I know they go to other places ...... schools are as much a part of the infrastructure as anything else.)

I'm not trying to debate anything, it's just foreign to me.
    I think all state taxes go into the General Fund, and from there it gets complicated, depending on the size of your district, as to how much money you're alloted for schools. Also, Ohio passed a bill where all lottery proceeds are to go to the schools also.

We live in a good school district (Ben Logan). It's a country school. They just built it back in '95. Then for the last 6 years they've been trying to push these 7-8 Mil levies down our throats. And the people have gotten fed up, due to alot of school districts fiscal irresponsibilty, and refuse to pass them. Finally last year, they passed a bare minimum emergency levy.

My property taxes are very reasonable. But in some section of this school district people are paying 4 times what I pay (alot of Drs, lawyers, and professionals live in those areas). They seem to think that everyone can afford it just because they can (and alot of them are on the local school board too)... and they are wrong.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Never had a delay of anykind when I was in school..fog..snow..rain..tornado..none
    you were homeschooled weren't you? :allovrjr:
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

No!

I went to school in Florida
    Go Gators!

Last edited by KronoRed; 02-09-2005 at 08:45 AM.
    Go Gators!

"A Rose by Any Other. . " RedRoser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    Tis a foggy morn. Expected to hear the big fog horn on the way in.

Sometimes when I read this thread in the AM, I feel like I walked into the morning after of a party.

Back in the day, my apartment used to be Party Central. I was usually the ring leader but it would sometimes happen where a crowd was getting fired up and I'd be plain tuckered out. I told them keep the music down, don't break anything, and just to lock up when they're done and I'd go to bed.

Every so often, there would be someone left sleeping on the couch/floor the next day. Guys I'd just bark at and tell them to get the hell out. Girls I'd awake gently and cook them breakfast. And see where things went from there. Carpe Diem :mhcky21:
    It's okay Roy. All of us use to "suck the marrow out of life" a little more than we do now. Ahhh, youth. . . :gac:

And I caught that little pun---"tuckered" out! That was good, intentional or not! :RedinDC:

---'Roser

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    I think all state taxes go into the General Fund, and from there it gets complicated, depending on the size of your district, as to how much money you're alloted for schools. Also, Ohio passed a bill where all lottery proceeds are to go to the schools also.

We live in a good school district (Ben Logan). It's a country school. They just built it back in '95. Then for the last 6 years they've been trying to push these 7-8 Mil levies down our throats. And the people have gotten fed up, due to alot of school districts fiscal irresponsibilty, and refuse to pass them. Finally last year, they passed a bare minimum emergency levy.

My property taxes are very reasonable. But in some section of this school district people are paying 4 times what I pay (alot of Drs, lawyers, and professionals live in those areas). They seem to think that everyone can afford it just because they can (and alot of them are on the local school board too)... and they are wrong.
    The problem that Mason (and Lakota and the fast-growing suburbs) is that our school district is growing by 600-800 new students every year. That corresponds to more and/or bigger schools to house them, more teachers to teach them, additinal incremental costs for support, etc. Its a simple rule that the more students you have, the more it costs.

I've lived in the Deerfield/Mason area for 20 years and have actively participated in the growth of the schools. Both from a active citizen/volunteer standpoint and a property owner (and property tax payer). We've built a great school system that is in the top 10 in the state.

The only problem with all this is that the tax burden for all of this new growth gets evenly spread across all taxpayers. So all of these new folks get to skate in and stand on the shoulders of people that have built this district to what it is. Sure this growth increases your property values, but I'm not looking to sell my house any time soon. And its the builders/realtors that get the profits of these new homes.

They are building a new housing development about a mile from our house (TC, you can probably see it from where you work). It's going to be Homerama either this year or next. The costs for these homes *starts* at one-point-something million and go up from there. Sure they'll pay property taxes, but that is starting now. They don't pay a dime for all the infrastructure of the district as it stands now.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Sorry Krono, I'll stop. I just get fired up about this.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I skipped a few pages ( I cheated).

I'll catch up on them later.

My Mom is home and watching my kids today (she was mad we wouldn't let her watch them yesterday). So apparently everything is ok. She's breathing a lot better today. They said it was a "slight infiltration of her left lung" rather than pneumonia. I'm guessing that's good.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Contgratulations to Freddy and Kendra on their Amazing Race victory.

If you missed this Amazing Race, there will be a new one debuting in 3 weeks!
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

OK computer geeks. Maybe you can help me with this one. My kids have a Compaq Presario Desktop w/ Win98SE. It's good computer. i bought a new HP a couple months ago and gave them mine. We're networked.

My problem is that I want to put a video card in it. A few of the games they want to play say the comuter doesn't meet those graphics requirements. It has a integrated Intel(R) 82810E Graphics Controller (display adapter).

Can I disable this graphics controller in my BIOS, and then use a plug n play video card that I bought (GeForce 64 MB)? Is that possible? How do I do it?

I would greatly appreciate any assistance.

Freddy and Kendra
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by letsgojunior
    I'm getting really sick of my teammates at this point, you all are trashing my game and now I'm not even invited to team meetings. :thumbdown
    Step away from the dark side. Come over to the light.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

:MandJ: You're right. I made a new thread. My apologies. Reading the Enquirer this morning sparked some questions.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Glad your Mom is feeling better RL. Both my wife and I went thru this viral flu about a month ago that really hit our lungs big time. Our kids (the little germ infested vermin) brought it home from school.

Man, I wish someone would get upset that I didn't let them watch my daughter. :MandJ:
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Turn Off Ads?