Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Get rid of Adam Dunn while is value is high

Re: Get rid of Adam Dunn while is value is high

Quote Originally Posted by ifreelgood
    Guys, im not saying he isn't good. Ive said that in about all of my posts that he is good.
    Actually, the only good thing you said about him was that he hits pretty home runs and his value is high. If I'm a GM why would I want him based on your evaluation? It'd be like a used car salesman telling me that the car he's showing me is a great car because it has four wheels but the suspension is bad, the brakes are shot, there's an oil leak, it has 150,000 miles on it and the carburator is horrible. Why would I buy that car? Because you told me it's a great car?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Wasn't this park build for Ken Griffey Junior?

Wasn't it built for left-handed power, fly-ball hitters?

If we trade away power, trade away right-handers, not left-handers from this club.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

ifreelgood

I don't think there will be much difference in Dunn and WMP at the plate. However i think that WMP has more speed, and will develop into a better fielder than Dunn. Plus i think that WMP has better bat speed than Dunn, which leads me to believe that he will become a better hitter as he becomes more disciplined at the plate.

chip, i never once said he sucked or wasn't any good. Im just pointing out that he IS good, and his VALUE is high right now because he IS good, but we have got someone just as good, that could develop into an even better player than Dunn, and we should trade Dunn while his value is high for some quality pitching.
    Why should i not point out his faults......do you want me to say, that we should trade Adam Dunn because i think he can do no wrong, and that he would bring some great quality in a trade because he is so great? I was giving my reasons as to why trading him and the development of WMP could help this team in the long run.

While he hits some pretty homeruns, he is not very good in other aspects of the game.

1)Big and Bulky, too slow in the field.
    2)Strikes out WAY too much, for someone who is VERY selective at the plate.
    3)Horrid with runners in scoring position
    4)Is not a .300 hitter
    5)Not a very good baserunner or fielder.

you all may criticize me if you want.....but i think we should trade him while is value is pretty high, and he is not injured. I think Willy Mo and Austin Kearns have much more upside than Dunn. Just my opinion after watching baseball closely for 25 years.
    chip, i never once said he sucked or wasn't any good.
    Afraid your words betray you, ifreelgood.

Criticize him all you want. It doesn't matter to me. But you don't seem to understand what I keep asking you. Let's say you're the Reds' GM and I'm another team's GM. You are trying to trade Dunn to me and you are using your first post as your sales pitch. Now, put yourself in my shoes. Why would I want him based on that information? Why is his value so high? You certainly aren't convincing me to want to trade for him.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

ifreelgood

let's just stay in denial, and think that this team can outslug people when healthy, and whine about how we need pitching, but heaven forbid, that someone points out that it might be in our advantage to part with a good player.

ifreelgood

Chip, reality check, this is redszone.....im not a gm and you are not. To answer your question.......i wouldn't tell the other gm, what i posted on redszone. I don't think that any gm discusses the faults of his own player when trying to deal him. I would sell the positives of Adam Dunn, as most anyone would if trying to deal him. don't even start with rediculous assumptions, that "if i were a gm and i read redszone".....that is a ludicrous argument.

as he becomes more disciplined at the plate.
    That's the magic bullet of your whole theory.

At age 21 Dunn got on base 15% of the time with his discipline (non hit) at the the plate. Currently at age 24 it's at 19%. BTW that includes 11 IBB

WMP gets on base 8% of the time with his discipline.

At age 21 Dunn made an out 65% of the time he came to the plate, currently he makes 1 out 60% (well actually 59.8%) of the time he comes to the plate.

At 22 WMP Currently makes an out 66% of the time he comes to the plate.

ifreelgood

Criticize him all you want
    Sorry if pointing out the obvious faults of a player is criticizing him, then i guess we are all guilty. Im sorry that i don't share the same red tinted glasses that you do. I am offering suggestions on how to make the team better.

ifreelgood

WOY....
    Thats my whole point........i never once said that WMP is better at the plate....i said that he can develop into a better player, but for the most part their stats are identical, and it would be a wash.....i said wMP will probably be a better baserunner and fielder....which he should be. Why hold on to both players? My point is that we need to trade 1 (adam dunn) while his value is high, gather up some quality pitching, and lose basically nothing by plugging WMP into his spot.............Why can't you all see that?

let's just stay in denial, and think that this team can outslug people when healthy, and whine about how we need pitching, but heaven forbid, that someone points out that it might be in our advantage to part with a good player.
    Though I wouldn't trade Dunn because he's left-handed, I would trade any other player on the team for pitching.

Pitching is as important to baseball as the offensive and defensive lines are to football.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Chip, reality check, this is redszone.....im not a gm and you are not. To answer your question.......i wouldn't tell the other gm, what i posted on redszone. I don't think that any gm discusses the faults of his own player when trying to deal him. I would sell the positives of Adam Dunn, as most anyone would if trying to deal him. don't even start with rediculous assumptions, that "if i were a gm and i read redszone".....that is a ludicrous argument.
    So besides hitting pretty homers what are his positives?
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Such a stupid thread. Pena, Dunn and Kearns stay.

The discussion should be how to get rid of Jr and what we can get for casey.

So besides hitting pretty homers what are his positives?
    Glad you asked Chip.

Not only can he knock the snot out of the ball and work the count but Adam can tell you how to get to Millions, pick up dinner, help you with your Fantasy Football team, get stuff off the highest shelves, regale you with football stories, name all of Toby Keiths songs, help you tie your tie, find your contacts and play Will Farrell in planned and unplanned skits.

I think people are being a little harsh to the guy. Calling this a "stupid" thread is a little tough. I think with out lack of pitching and the amount of people that whine about it, that people would be willing to at least here this guy out.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Glad you asked Chip.

Not only can he knock the snot out of the ball and work the count but Adam can tell you how to get to Millions, pick up dinner, help you with your Fantasy Football team, get stuff off the highest shelves, regale you with football stories, name all of Toby Keiths songs, help you tie your tie, find your contacts and play Will Farrell in planned and unplanned skits.
    And pose fear into an opposing catcher on a squeeze attempt. (But, Miley has to call it first.)

Turn Off Ads?