Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 188

Thread: Get rid of Adam Dunn while is value is high

  1. #151
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    245

    Re: Get rid of Adam Dunn while is value is high

    Thanks, but that's not what I'm asking. Out all of RBIs by homeruns, who has the least RBIs as opposed to his homeruns?

    E.g. I have 30 homeruns, and 67 RBIs on those homeruns.
    You have 42 homeruns, but 70 RBIs on those.

    You have a lower HRBI (homer ribbie) count : homers than I do.

    But they don't really have that stat in baseball do they?

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #152
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    28,160

    Re: Get rid of Adam Dunn while is value is high

    Quote Originally Posted by nottelling
    Thanks, but that's not what I'm asking.
    Actually I believe that's exactly what you were asking for. McGwire has the least amount of RBIs per homer. If he has the highest HR:RBI ratio then, conversely, he also has the lowest RBI:HR ratio.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

    I'm witchcrafting everybody.

  4. #153
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,716

    Re: Get rid of Adam Dunn while is value is high

    Quote Originally Posted by nottelling
    Thanks, but that's not what I'm asking. Out all of RBIs by homeruns, who has the least RBIs as opposed to his homeruns?

    E.g. I have 30 homeruns, and 67 RBIs on those homeruns.
    You have 42 homeruns, but 70 RBIs on those.

    You have a lower HRBI (homer ribbie) count : homers than I do.

    But they don't really have that stat in baseball do they?
    They have it, but it's available though the stat service.

  5. #154
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    245

    Re: Get rid of Adam Dunn while is value is high

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    McGwire 41.2% 0f his RBI's were from HR's the least is Cap Anson with 5% and then Cobb with 6%
    but M2, these RBIs are of all his RBIs. I want to single out those from homeruns. That's what I'm asking.

    Thanks WOY...I'll check it out if I can.

  6. #155
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    28,160

    Re: Get rid of Adam Dunn while is value is high

    Quote Originally Posted by nottelling
    but M2, these RBIs are of all his RBIs. I want to single out those from homeruns. That's what I'm asking.
    Sorry, my bad.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

    I'm witchcrafting everybody.

  7. #156
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    243

    Re: Get rid of Adam Dunn while is value is high

    Adam Dunn could be the next Reds legend. The Reds need to sign him longterm after this season before it's too late.

    If Dunn leaves as a free agent or is traded to save money, then the Reds are just the NL's version of the Kansas City Royals.


    Barry Larkin is considered to be a Reds legend and future HOFer. Maybe Dunn is the next great Red?

  8. #157
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    245

    Re: Get rid of Adam Dunn while is value is high

    Quote Originally Posted by RedsRule30
    Adam Dunn could be the next Reds legend. The Reds need to sign him longterm after this season before it's too late.

    If Dunn leaves as a free agent or is traded to save money, then the Reds are just the NL's version of the Kansas City Royals.


    Barry Larkin is considered to be a Reds legend and future HOFer. Maybe Dunn is the next great Red?
    the only maybe is if he's a red. he better be, because he is on his way to beinga superplayer.

  9. #158
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Frankfort, KY
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: Get rid of Adam Dunn while is value is high

    How nice is it to see Adam have a big series RBI-wise? Woo!!

  10. #159
    Pflugerville, Tx. Barbarossa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Pflugerville, Texas
    Posts
    655

    Re: Get rid of Adam Dunn while is value is high

    Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    Such a stupid thread. Pena, Dunn and Kearns stay.

    The discussion should be how to get rid of Jr and what we can get for casey.
    Bingo! You keep your youngest and cheapest players and try to move your oldest and most expensive players. Griffey should be back in the American league. If we could move Jr then we could keep Casey. Graves value will be at an all time high also. So you might trade him during the off-season. If the baseball gods smile upon us Dunn, Kearns and Pena will be with us for a long time. :gac:
    "The two most important things in life are good friends and a strong bullpen."
    Bob Lemon

  11. #160
    Member Oxilon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,133

    Re: Get rid of Adam Dunn while is value is high

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa
    Bingo! You keep your youngest and cheapest players and try to move your oldest and most expensive players. Griffey should be back in the American league. If we could move Jr then we could keep Casey. Graves value will be at an all time high also. So you might trade him during the off-season. If the baseball gods smile upon us Dunn, Kearns and Pena will be with us for a long time. :gac:
    Wrong. You want to trade either Casey or Griffey? Fine. But not both. Trading both will just leave us with a hole either in the outfield or at 1B.

    BTW-Trading Griffey is much easier said than done.
    That hit was plenty fair. Atleast by a quarter of an inch.
    -Steve Stone

  12. #161
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    So. Cen. KY
    Posts
    1,145

    Re: Get rid of Adam Dunn while is value is high

    Quote Originally Posted by nottelling
    Thanks, but that's not what I'm asking. Out all of RBIs by homeruns, who has the least RBIs as opposed to his homeruns?

    E.g. I have 30 homeruns, and 67 RBIs on those homeruns.
    You have 42 homeruns, but 70 RBIs on those.

    You have a lower HRBI (homer ribbie) count : homers than I do.

    But they don't really have that stat in baseball do they?
    Is this what you are looking for?
    Dunn has 21 solo HR's =21 rbi
    5 2-run HR=10 rbi
    6 3-run HR=18 rbi
    TOTAL of 32Hr's resulting in 49 RBI

    In comparison for this year
    Thome has 32HR for 51 RBI
    Pujols has 31 HR for 47 RBI
    Beltre has 30 for 49 RBI

  13. #162
    Puffy's Daddy Red Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Centerville, OH
    Posts
    20,422

    Re: Get rid of Adam Dunn while is value is high

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollcat
    Is this what you are looking for?
    Dunn has 21 solo HR's =21 rbi
    5 2-run HR=10 rbi
    6 3-run HR=18 rbi
    TOTAL of 32Hr's resulting in 49 RBI

    In comparison for this year
    Thome has 32HR for 51 RBI
    Pujols has 31 HR for 47 RBI
    Beltre has 30 for 49 RBI
    I think she's looking for HR/RBI vs AB/RBI.

    In other words, Dunn has 32 HR's, but 68 RBI on the season.

    Sheffield has 25 HR, but 80 RBI, Victor Martinez has 17 RBI and 81 RBI.

    In other words, I think she's saying that the majority of RBI that Dunn gets is via the long ball, and that he's not a good hitter with runners in scoring position.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

    Your Mom is happy.

  14. #163
    Tell me I'm Cool
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    7

    Re: Get rid of Adam Dunn while is value is high

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis
    Don't know why this was bumped, but I don't like it.

    The GAB was made for Adam Dunn.

    To watch Dunn go for 50 homeruns every year for the next 10 years is going to put fans in the stands and fear into opposing pitchers.

    He's a 100-RBI machine for the next 10 years.

    Untouchable. Completely untouchable. Well, I'd take Prior for him, but other than Prior, .....nahh...not even Prior, as the Cubs rushed him too soon and now there's concerns.
    I'd take Pujols for him :mhcky21:
    Troy Smith 4 Heisman 2006

  15. #164
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    245

    Re: Get rid of Adam Dunn while is value is high

    Actually, RedLeader, Hollcat was on target. What I am looking for is the person with a hundred homers and the least amount of ribbies resulting from those homers.
    Seems like Dunn hasn't been too shabby with run production from these homers. Last year I remember his spell of only solo homeruns.
    Thanks, but is there a way I could find out about a more general scope of a 100 homers?

  16. #165
    Member Moosie52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    577

    Re: Get rid of Adam Dunn while is value is high

    Quote Originally Posted by ifreelgood
    As much as i hate the Cards and Pujols..............Adam Dunn doesn't even compare to Pujols.
    Who does? Pujols may be the best player ever when it's all over.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25