Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Get rid of Adam Dunn while is value is high

Re: Get rid of Adam Dunn while is value is high

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Glad you asked Chip.

Not only can he knock the snot out of the ball and work the count but Adam can tell you how to get to Millions, pick up dinner, help you with your Fantasy Football team, get stuff off the highest shelves, regale you with football stories, name all of Toby Keiths songs, help you tie your tie, find your contacts and play Will Farrell in planned and unplanned skits.
    Thanks, woy. But I am wondering what Willie Loman has to say about him. He values him so highly but I still am not sure why. Perhaps he has a reading comprehension problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Thanks, woy. But I am wondering what Willie Loman has to say about him. He values him so highly but I still am not sure why. Perhaps he has a reading comprehension problem.
    Hmmmmmm all I know is that When I was seventeen, I walked into the jungle. And by twenty-one, I walked out. And by God, I was rich!

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Hmmmmmm all I know is that When I was seventeen, I walked into the jungle. And by twenty-one, I walked out. And by God, I was rich!
    I know it's not Wuthering Heights, but something like that.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    Such a stupid thread. Pena, Dunn and Kearns stay.

The discussion should be how to get rid of Jr and what we can get for casey.
    You can debate the subject without calling someone's point of view "stupid", which is pretty much what you're doing by calling this a stupid thread.

ifreelgood

Ok, i give in......We should keep Dunn and try to outslug our opponents and try to win every game 10-9. Lets ignore that we need pitching, and that Adam Dunn is the one on our team that could bring some good quality young pitching. Let's go on and try to win games 10-9, 13-12, and then ***** and moan about how we need pitching every year. Well, we have a guy that is near his prime and maybe still on the upswing a little, that will bring in some good pitching, but we should probably hold onto him because he might just hit 5 or 10 more homers than his future replacement (WMP). It's this kind of thinking that hurts growth of the team.

I can't read it all again, but somewhere in this thread was a comment about Wily Mo's defense being better than Dunn's. Loved that demonstration of it tonight.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

The topic of this thread is a complete joke. :thumbdn:

Quote Originally Posted by NC Reds
    The topic of this thread is a complete joke. :thumbdn:
    Why? I don't want to see Dunn traded, but ifreelgood has a very valid point: In order to get good pitching soon, we would have to trade someone good, such as Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed
    Why? I don't want to see Dunn traded, but ifreelgood has a very valid point: In order to get good pitching soon, we would have to trade someone good, such as Dunn.
    I would agree if that was his point, but his point was that Adam Dunn should be traded because he's not that good, or isn't getting any better.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

St. Louis should trade Albert Pujols. His trade value is high now.

No one denies the Reds need pitching. Giving up your best young slugger for any pitching prospects (what the Reds can afford to trade for) is too risky.

I stand by assessment that this is a bad joke.

ifreelgood

I would agree if that was his point, but his point was that Adam Dunn should be traded because he's not that good, or isn't getting any better.
    Sorry, that wasn't MY point. My point is that Adam Dunn is good, and his value is high right now. But my point is that his development has been slim to none. There has hardly been a change in him from year 1 to year 4.....so what makes my critics think he is going to develop that much more? Sure it's easy to say that Willy Mo sucks in the field right after a game where he drops a routine fly...........i have seen Dunn do the same thing before.....the only thing you have on your side is timing. There is no doubt that Willy Mo needs improvement in the field, but what i am saying is he has progressed much more in 1 year than Dunn has in 4. let's give WMP 4 years as a regular player to see how good he can get. I would say that he will be the same as Dunn all around, and the potential to be even better. MY argument is.......why keep 2 guys with the same potential? Why not trade 1 who is of HIGH value right now(Adam Dunn) for MUCH needed pitching? Why not......i would like to hear reasons why not instead of the same ol' argument. We complain each year about "if we just had some pitching"..............well my fellow reds friends, NOW is the time to change that trend. If not, you are looking at at least a couple more years of .500 ball, sure we will blast alot of homers for the fans......if thats what keeps you coming to the ballpark. Personally i would rather see us win.

what i am saying is he has progressed much more in 1 year than Dunn has in 4.

Yes, yes... but what we're saying is that YOU ARE WRONG.

I just stated that Dunn makes less outs than he did when he was 21, now your turn is to tell us why and how WMP has gotten better than Dunn.

Use some stats to prove your POV, instead of saying it over and over without one bit of proof.

[The discussion should be how to get rid of Jr and what we can get for casey.]

Im sorry to say but i agree on Dealing Griffey for maybe a starter and a releiver or a couple releivers, but trading Casey is just stupid, how can you trade a guy who is batting over .300 for his career, comming in with clutch hits with RISP, hes leading the reds in that catigory, also do not trade dunn he will become great in the years comming.

ifreelgood

No one denies the Reds need pitching. Giving up your best young slugger for any pitching prospects (what the Reds can afford to trade for) is too risky.

I stand by assessment that this is a bad joke.
    Not a bad joke, just an unpopular decision on how to make the Reds a better team. To get good players, you must trade good players. The last thing we need right now is a slugging outfielder. I say if you can trade a slugging outfielder for a really good pitcher, you pull the strings.

If the last think we need is a "slugging outfielder" why not trade Pena since HE is more a "slugging outfielder" then Dunn
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?