Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which teams are most in need of new/revised uniforms?

Re: Which teams are most in need of new/revised uniforms?

Here's another one.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

2. Turn Off Ads?

Another
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Notice Joey Jay's shoes, with the old style leather soles. (spikes riveted on the bottom) Still have a pair of Wilson "kangaroo's" that I wore my sophomore year in high school, before our coach finally relented, letting us wear white Puma's with a red stripe. Terrible decision. Those were "real" baseball shoes.

50's era Robby.

Great pics, RFS62!

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC
    Gotta show us the road uni from that era, RFS62. It was the real classic of the two, in my book.

I can't find a road version in my collection, Randy. I agree they were great.

I had Wilson "kangaroos" too. I was a Wilson man, still have an A-2000 ready to go whenever they come to their senses and give me a call.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC
    Great pics, RFS62!

Thanks.

Right click on them and save them, and you've got a pretty good screen saver.

1926 Reds, note patch on right shoulder commerating the 50th anniversity of the National League

Hey WOY, I know you must have some good ones with your collection.

I have an A2000 as well. What are they waiting for?
    Last edited by RollyInRaleigh; 07-25-2004 at 07:39 PM.

Hey, I just figured out you can attach more than one pic at once..... woo hoo.

The Rose picture in Shea Stadium is the road version from that period, RFS62. Remember the road uniform with "Old Red" on the left chest. I think it is from 1956. They only wore it one season. Have one of those in my collection as well, with #18 on the back.

The small picture of Frank Robinson is also the road uniform from '61-'66. That is a real early version of the uniform, before they added the black trim around the sleeves. I believe that they initially added one black sleeve patch in memory of owner Powell Crosley, and then added the other black sleeve trim later.

This year's pitching staff could use an infusion of the likes of pitchers on this thread. Don Gullett, Jim Maloney, Joey Jay and Paul Derringer. Darrel Osteen would probably even make this staff! :MandJ:

Like the photos of Jim Thorpe, Klu, Mugsy McGraw in his World Champions uniform and Heinie Groh and his famous "bottle bat."

Who is that in the 1926 picture, WOY? I was going to say Hal Chase, but I don't think so.

Turn Off Ads?