Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Todd Jones traded

Re: Todd Jones traded

You sure know everything about these two players FCB. How many times you watched them or even heard about them before two minutes ago?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Perhaps the most pointless trade for trading sake I can recall. Neither player has even the remotest chance of being even the fringiest of major league performers. It would have been much smarter to hold on to Jones to save some of the wear on arms like Wagner's.
    Mallette's of the world can do that.

What did you expect for Todd Jones??

Willie Mays?

Seriously........what's the big deal. Jones can be re-signed next year if they want him again.

What wear and tear? It's not like they are going to start abusing him just beacuse Jones is gone. Reidling basically takes over Jones role.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc D
    OK, someone give me a reason to like this deal. Anyone, anyone?
    2 reasons
    1) Todd Jones is having a 1 year aberration. He will revert back to 2000-2003 form next year so he isn't worth much.
    2) He will be a free agent.

Machado if he learns to hit .260 could be an everyday SS. He walks a ton, has a little pop, great speed and is an outstanding defender at age 23.

Not much to like about Hancock. 4.00 ERA in AAA this year. Low K rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis
    Mallette's of the world can do that.

No, see, Jones could actually start AND finish a major league inning.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    No, see, Jones could actually start AND finish a major league inning.
    Who cares, the season is over from a contending view. Jones has sucked the previous years and has slipped recently, ah, how we forget.

Another infielder with good D and takes walks, I am smelling a pattern eh?
    Lopez and Olmedo don't take many walks.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed
    The minor leaguer the Reds are sending is OF Brad Correll, fyi.

http://www.sports-wired.com/players/...asp?Name=CADFC

http://www.baseballamerica.com/cgi-b...orrell%2C+brad

Correll's a 23-year-old converted 3B who can do a little of everything, but does nothing spectacularly. He's kind of overshadowed in this organization. He's hitting .285/.357/.407 in Potomac; a classic low-round (29th) small-college (Limestone College!?) pick.
    Last edited by Doc. Scott; 07-31-2004 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    Lopez and Olmedo don't take many walks.
    Paul Janish, does a actually DanO pick. Olmedo and Lopez are Bowden era pickups.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    You sure know everything about these two players FCB. How many times you watched them or even heard about them before two minutes ago?
    Well, Raisor just posted Hancock's career. See anything you like? I sure as hell don't.

And Machado's another in a long line of MI who get bats knocked out their hands.

The world is LOUSY with both types.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Great, now who does the shaving cream pie in the face thing?

Yea, but what's the big deal about Jones? I'm not even arguing that the kids will be anything. But what's the use of keeping Jones for three months? At least take a small shot that Machado can work out.

Paul Janish, does a actually DanO pick. Olmedo and Lopez are Bowden era pickups.
    Janish is in rookie ball. I like the good "D" high BB rate combo.

Better than the swing at everything we seem to have in Castro, Olmedo and somewhat in Lopez.

Who cares, the season is over from a contending view. Jones has sucked the previous years and has slipped recently, ah, how we forget.

Oy, I'm not talking about contending, I'm talking about trudging through innings--they still HAVE to throw the ball and catch the ball for 50 more games, you know.

Count me in the camp of thinking this trade is stupid. I'm not saying I would sign Jones next year but there's no need to deprive our bullpen for what we've gotten. Are they assuming Acevado is going to take up the slack and call up Hudson? Or do they think they'll just overwork the bullpen so what we have can become worse?

Turn Off Ads?