Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Todd Jones traded

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Todd Jones traded

The trade? A little good, but also bad.

The little good: Like has been said, at least we got something of some use for Jones. We need MI help and we got it. Not the uber prospect I was hoping for, but at least it was addressed. After seeing names like Huber and Kazmir thrown around today, I'm still disappointed, but there's still some time left.

The Bad: The one thing I will say is that I think this deal hints that Danny Graves WILL NOT be traded at the deadline, which is why I'm not totally excited about this deal overall. If someone doesn't trade for Graves now, I don't see how we expect to move him at any time. AND if we don't move Danny Graves, that means that we'd have to move Casey or Griffey to come up with cash for our "stud" starter this offseason. You can pretty much bank on the fact that Griffey is going nowhere, which leaves Casey. Out of the 3, Casey would have been my last choice to move.
    Last edited by Red Leader; 07-31-2004 at 07:20 AM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?