Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Devils Rejects(House of 1000 Corpses 2)

Devils Rejects(House of 1000 Corpses 2)

I've always had a fascination with horror movies, so this one definitely caught my attention. I rented HO1000C when it first came out, and I had mixed feelings about the movie. It was probably the most messed up movie I had ever watched(anybody who has seen it knows what im talking about), but it seems like its the movies that freak you out the most always leave an impact, and this one certainly did.

I watched FUSE's Uranium tonight, and they were on the set of Devils Rejects talking with Sid Haig(Spaulding), Bill Moseley(Otis Driftwood), Sherri Moon Zombie(Baby) and the master himself, Rob Zombie. From everything I have been reading, they are saying that this movie will make the first one look like Finding Nemo.

I will be extremely busy from September-December, so I wont get around to seeing it, but I will definitely rent it when it comes out next summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Devils Rejects(House of 1000 Corpses 2)

The first House was one of the most disappointing horror films I've ever seen (not even close to one of the worst, but disappointing). This news leaves me feeling rather... ambivalent.

Now Romero's new film, though...
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Saw it today, and I've got to admit, this was a whole lot better than HO1000C.

The first movie focused more on the violence and how sadistic the Firefly family was, but this was more of a vigilante justice film as the Sherriff tracks them down.

There will be no third movie, since everyone dies.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    There will be no third movie, since everyone dies.
    Rosebud is a sled and the Titanic sinks.

Thanks!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Wait..how can everyone dieing be a bad thing? we are talking Zombies here aren't we?
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Wait..how can everyone dieing be a bad thing? we are talking Zombies here aren't we?
    Nah, no zombies.

HO1000C was a cheap Texas Chainsaw Massacre ripoff that was set more to offend than it was to scare. It was about a group of kids that picked up a hitchhiker and took her back to her place after their car broke down. Then, well, it goes downhill from there. The clown

Devils Rejects focuses on the same family, except they are on the run from the law and a hellbent sherriff trying to avenge his brother, who died in the first movie.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan

Thanks!

Time is the Revelator.

Ouch..

I'll netflix it

Thanks!
    Should have done it in white. Sorry for the spolier.

All I can say is wow! I finally got around to seeing it today, having purchased a copy at Best Buy (they were selling it for $24.99, but if you bought House of 1000 Corpses with it, you got both for $20.00).

This was much better than HO1000C. Not so much a horror film as a vigilante film, as WVRed already stated.

The thing that stood out the most to me was the direction. Rob Zombie set out to emulate the directors of the 1970's, and did so flawlessly. He has greatly improved as a director with this picture, and I was very impressed.

Sure, it was depraved, sickening and ultra-violent, but that is why you watch a movie like this.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I bought this the other day and loved it. The ending sequence with the Freebird song playing was classic. Tons of blood, sadism and cursing, truly a film made for me.

Having a hand firmly in the genre myself [everyone call your cable provider and ask for the The Horror Channel this latest is a classic grindcore/exploitation film. It is far superior to House in many ways. The best thing, for me at least, is that you find yourself rooting for the bad guys in a twisted way. You want them to get away from the vigilante sheriff and give him what for. You see how this dysfunction is actually a family, twisted as it may be. Unlike so many horror films, you see these people as human, and even though they are monsters in their actions, they aren't monsters like a Jason or Freddy is in typical horror fare.

Great great film. It's easily in my top 5 horror films of all time. I bought the 2 disc dvd Tuesday and have watched it both nights since. If you like gritty horror, you'll love Devil's Rejects.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Thanks!
    Soylent Green is People.

have not seen the remake, but i have to say the original was rather ho-hum. nothing i had not seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit
    have not seen the remake, but i have to say the original was rather ho-hum. nothing i had not seen before.
    The original is a Texas Chainsaw remake. Nothing more, nothing less.

The sequal is 100 times better. I was about to put off seeing the movie before I finally gave in and went to see it, and im glad I did.

Its not near as dark as HO1000C in terms of the violence. There were some moments in the movie that did make me cringe(such as the scene where Otis used the gun on the woman in the motel), but overall, it was a good movie if you can endure it.

Also, according to our good friend wikipedia, The Devils Rejects used the "f" word 560 times in 100 minutes, making it the most times that word has ever been used in a movie so far.

Turn Off Ads?