Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Devils Rejects(House of 1000 Corpses 2)

Re: Devils Rejects(House of 1000 Corpses 2)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    Also, according to our good friend wikipedia, The Devils Rejects used the "f" word 560 times in 100 minutes, making it the most times that word has ever been used in a movie so far.
    If you count the outtakes, add another 560.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Guess I'll check this one out after all...
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

I saw the last 20 minutes of House -- should I bother watching the rest of it?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    Nope.

And I recommend heavy drinking or hypnosis to rid your mind of those 20 minutes you were unlucky enough to stumble upon.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee
    Soylent Green is People.
    DanO gets fired, or torn apart by squirrels.
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    Depends on if you are a Zombie fan, or a fan of the people in the film. I presonally loved it. I understand that people don't love it, and thats ok too, but I do.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

HO1000C is bearable in my opinion but doesn't hold a candle to Devil's Reject's. Zombie has really grown as a film maker in my opinion. Can't wait to see his next project.

I've seen 'em both. Like someone else said, if you're a fan of Zombie, or this overall genre, I'd take the time to watch HO1000 Corpses. It has it's moments. The Grandpa character is especially funny, IMO, esp. when he does his stand-up act.

Don't watch Devil's Rejects if you're easily disturbed b/c this movie is very disturbing and very graphic. Lots of torture. HOWEVER: There is not a finer, better-made example of this genre done correctly. Admittedly, the genre is very specific, but for fans of that genre, this The Devil's Rejects is about perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    The best thing, for me at least, is that you find yourself rooting for the bad guys in a twisted way. You want them to get away from the vigilante sheriff and give him what for. You see how this dysfunction is actually a family, twisted as it may be. Unlike so many horror films, you see these people as human, and even though they are monsters in their actions, they aren't monsters like a Jason or Freddy is in typical horror fare.
    That was the best part for me as well. I'd even go so far as to not call this a sequel of HO1000C, but rather a different story with the same characters. The characters are different in this film though, especially Otis.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Turn Off Ads?