Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Popping the BIG question

Re: Popping the BIG question

I proposed to Mrs. 2844 using a mixed tape ... in a car ... while I was driving ... on 75! :o

I picked her up and to go to a Bengals game (vs. Jaguars in '97). I put in the tape. After one song, my voice could heard over the speakers were I instructed her to look in the glove compartment where she found the 'box'.

An exicted female passenger in the front seat who wants to 'thank you' is not the safest situation when you're driving down the highway.
    Last edited by HotCorner; 08-10-2004 at 04:37 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

My father was driving my mother to the train station (this was in NY), and asked "So do you see this working out?", she answered "yes"...when she got back to her apt., she asked her roomie -- is it possible to get engaged and not realize it? She didn't figure it out till she came back!

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

This looks like it has exactly what you need, J-Mac...

"Romantic marriage proposal ideas to help you create the most unique and romantic marriage proposal."
    http://www.romancestuck.com/romantic...g-proposal.htm

My own proposal story is mundane, but I've known a few guys who went to great lengths to do something unique. Sadly, most of them are not married anymore. As a dyed-in-the-wool pragmatist, my main piece of advice is not to be one of those people who works harder planning the proposal than on planning for married life. Good luck!
    /r/reds

I'd go with Dish Network. better superstation package, and they just got Extra Innings.

oh, you mean marriage. right.

i agree with creek... run.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    I always throught that women loved that :mhcky21: :mhcky21: :mhcky21: :MandJ:
    Man, how many times have I said THAT?
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I was once kinda forced into getting engaged. She kept bringing it up all of the time...Saying stuff like "When are you gonna make me an honest woman?".

After about two years, I finally caved and said "I guess we should get married or something..."

I had it all planned. We were going to do it in Hawaii in a fern grotto and everything.

Then she dumped me because I "was too nice". She had some major issues, and was somewhat upset, but I had a heckuva good time in Hawaii without her.

Nowadays, I'm in a really good relationship with the most wonderful girl. It's been about six months, and those little thoughts are creeping into my head. There's no way I'm gonna ask her in the near future, but this is the first girl I've dated that really makes me feel this way.

It's all kinda creepy. I could have kids with that girl by now, and I never would have met the one I'm with now.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

Dead man walking.

:mhcky21:

Nah, just kiddin'. Sort of.

I proposed to Mrs. '62 in a really nice restuarant. I called ahead to reserve a private table, and when we showed up, everyone on the staff knew about it. 12 years old at the time Garrett, her son, my step-son, was in on it. I had him hiding the ring box, so she wouldn't be suspicious of any extra bulges in my trousers, beyond the normal massive one she would already recognize. :smokin:

She had no idea it was coming. When the time came, I said to Garrett "Son, pay attention. This is how you propose to the woman you love."

I got down on one knee, and asked her to make me the happiest man alive and marry me. The people all around us saw it all, and stopped eating as they stared at us.

Kelly nearly fainted. She said yes (gasp) and everyone around us clapped as we made out.

People came up to the table the rest of the night to congratulate us.

It was way cool.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    Oh, and where did this proposal take place :mhcky21: :mhcky21:

Heard a line once... "men used to get on one knee to propose, now they get up on their elbows".
    Ok Roy, you busted me :mhcky21: :mhcky21:
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Someone was telling me how my friend got engaged (it was later broken...), and she said "Yeah, Ben got down on his hands and knees, and popped the question. It was so romantic."
    I responded, "Hands and knees?!"
    She didn't quite get what she said wrong....

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

thanks everyone for your stories and your jokes

I don't plan on running (God help me), but I do plan on sitting on it for a few more weeks, before I throw down that hefty chunk of change.

Thanks again.

This is going to sound stupid. My idea of a romantic proposal is so simple.

(I like simple. I'm a woman who thinks a single red rose is 10,000 times more romantic than a dozen.)

Proposing on a ladder through the second floor window.

or

Proposing out on a boat, just the two of you.
    Pots and Kettles

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Be sure to take her somewhere secluded, like a bridge high over a waterfall. That way if she says "no," you can just chuck her over the bridge without fear that there will be witnesses.

But seriously. I proposed to my wife in a garden on a college campus. She had made it very clear that she didn't want anything public or ostentatious. Women are different. Some like to be the center of attention, and would prefer something semi-public. Some women hate that. See if you can figure out which type of woman your woman is.
    How, then, are those people of the future—who are taking steroids every day—going to look back on baseball players who used steroids? They're going to look back on them as pioneers. They're going to look back at it and say "So what?" - Bill James, Cooperstown and the 'Roids

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Bumpity Bumpity Bump for my pal the living dead man.

"It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

A phone call. Worse yet: Instant Messaging. Definitely, an IM

after all, if you're promising to make the mundane romantic, the logical corrollary is to make the romantic mundane.

keeps her on her toes

Turn Off Ads?