Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Should The Reds Go Back To The Clean Shaven Look?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

31 50.00%
  • NO

31 50.00%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should The Reds Go Back To The Clean Shaven Look?

Re: Should The Reds Go Back To The Clean Shaven Look?

Mulletts!
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

2. Turn Off Ads?

I agree with Krusty on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    They should have Acevedo stop dying his hair because he does look goofy.

:mhcky21:
    Agreed!! :MandJ: But my friend thought he looked hot as a blonde...
    BARRY LARKIN
    "You made me hope for something better
    And made me reach for something more"

"Love is doing all the little things that don't show up in the box score."

Personally, I'm a close cut, clean shaven, void of tattoo & body piercings kind of guy.

Would I like it if the Reds went back to that kind of look (along with the sweet black shoes that Unassisted referenced...)? Sure.

But I also realize that I'm probably a few generations too late, so I'm not holding out much hope that it's going to change as I'd like.

More importantly, though, I'd just like to see some classic uniforms sans gimmicks: solid red hats, white vests for home games, grey vests for road games, both with red shirts underneath, the absence of pinstripes, and some red socks.

And if they really want to make me happy, they'd get rid of names on the backs of the jerseys, too.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan
    Personally, I'm a close cut, clean shaven, void of tattoo & body piercings kind of guy.

Are you saying that's what you look for in a woman?

Well, that rules out the French.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Most ballplayers in regards to fashion seem to be monkey see ...monkey do.

Why not be original and show your stirrups and stop trying to become a mural or look like a reject from the grunge era.

Time is the Revelator.

Hell No.

Let the guys look the way they want. Enforcing such a thing really ticks me off, especially when it deals with a look of a person.

Quote Originally Posted by LvJ
    Hell No.

Let the guys look the way they want. Enforcing such a thing really ticks me off, especially when it deals with a look of a person.
    Yeah... that's what I told my boss when I started wearing shorts to work this summer.

Didn't last long.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Time is the Revelator.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    Yeah... that's what I told my boss when I started wearing shorts to work this summer.

Didn't last long.
    I didn't say lets wear shorts on the field, I said lets wear goatees!

Would I like it if the Reds went back to that kind of look (along with the sweet black shoes that Unassisted referenced...)? Sure.

But I also realize that I'm probably a few generations too late, so I'm not holding out much hope that it's going to change as I'd like.

More importantly, though, I'd just like to see some classic uniforms sans gimmicks: solid red hats, white vests for home games, grey vests for road games, both with red shirts underneath, the absence of pinstripes, and some red socks.
    Most ballplayers in regards to fashion seem to be monkey see ...monkey do.

Why not be original and show your stirrups and stop trying to become a mural or look like a reject from the grunge era.
    These two quotes sum up exactly how I feel. Is there a player in MLB today that doesn't have a goatee? It's almost like it's a requirement among players. This fashion has gone on a lot longer than I hoped it would. Thing is, today's goatees are tomorrow's mullets. People will look back at them ten years from now and laugh.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Yup....

I agree but see players get fashions late and leave them way after they are very done.

Think long hair and how they finally started to grow it in the early 70's.....and continued to have that Don Stanhouse...Oscar Gamble look way after it was done and over with.

The only problem I have with Johnny Damon is that my girlfriend loves him more then she loves me.

Bring back the clean cut look along with the uniforms that signified the most successful period in Reds history (sans the trendy 70's beltless uniform look and striping that was modeled after the very beginning of the "Big Red Machine," 68-71 traditional Reds uniform) and emphasize a "Back to Winning" tradition. Re-enforce it with a front office attitude that matches the look on the field. I think it would be the greatest thing that the organization could do. Get the players of the period involved. Bring 'em to spring training. Let them share the "Reds Way." Promote it! Wouldn't it be great to see the old guys in uniform on the field at the ballpark more often? Not just for show, but as a tool for the players to use. Let the young guys pick their brains. I'm not saying to make these guys manager or coaches, but use them as the winning resources that they are.

I think it would be a signal to players, fans, and all of baseball that the organization is dead serious about getting rid of the lackluster performance of the current period and replacing it with the "Reds Way" that produced consistent winning in the decade of the 70's. I think it all hinges on the willingness of the front office to change it's thinking, the visual change of the uniform and look, an outward sign of the commitment to excellence and winning and a great tribute to the teams of that great period in Reds history.

Get rid of the BLACK eye image that the organization is suffering, and get back to the business of winning. It would be treading on hallowed ground. It would signify a huge step, but it would have to be matched by a tremendous commitment and willingness to follow through. You couldn't take it lightly. Promote it. Work it. Eat drink and sleep it. Create an aura. This organization needs an overhaul.

The Reds organization of the 70's was one of the greatest in all of baseball history. No one involved with the Reds, from the Front office, to the players, to the fans, should be ashamed of saying, this was the way the Reds won. The players should be proud to create the look of the winners of the past. To put on that uniform and look, should be sacred to any player in the organization.

Just spell it out. We want it again. We will attain it again.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor
    The only problem I have with Johnny Damon is that my girlfriend loves him more then she loves me.

That's a tough nut to crack. The Jesus look is all the rage these days.

OK, all you guys who want to go back to the clean-shaven look, what would you do if some player - like a pitcher - who was a top caliber player who had facial hair was in negotiations to come here and felt that the clean shaven look was dumb and if the Reds enforced that look, he wouldn't come here?
    I liked the clean shaven look but that was of a different time and place. I even like it in the minor league system. But I don't see any benefit in keeping it at the big league level. If you have a policy of neatly trimmed mushtaches, hair and beards, then I don't see anything wrong with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?