Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bad week to be on my fantasy team

Bad week to be on my fantasy team

Kaz Matsui can't get on the field.
    Piazza goes on the DL
    Tom Glavine gets in a car wreck
    Vasquez gets pink eye

And to think all of this after Kevin Brown finally comes of the DL from a bad back/intestinal parasite. I think the deal I just swung to pick up A-rod, the NY fans better start getting nervous.

Question, after the deal I just made (pending approval) I'm pretty locked into all my spots

C: Piazza or Craig Wilson
    1: Dunn
    2: Castillo
    SS: A-Rod
    3: Texiara
    OF: Abreu
    OF: Vlad
    OF: Miguel Cabera

My final choice for Utility player will come from Shannon Stewart, Brian Giles & Jimmy Rollins.

I'm thinking of dropping Jimmy Rollins ( I only picked him up to fill in for Kaz b/f I swung the deal for A-rod). Should I pick up someone for the Utility spot, or should I add to my starting pitching for the stretch drive? Who is under the rader at this point that is poised to be a solid contributer down the strecth? I've got the roster flex w/ Wilson, Piazza, Dunn, Texiara, A-rod & Cabera all being able to play multipe positions. My pitching is decent, but not steller, and it seems that all of my pitchers are either hit or miss, or finding themselves into strange injury situations.

Gracias for any advice.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bad week to be on my fantasy team

Depends on how active your league is...Morneau from Minnesota might still be on your waiver wire...throw out a few names.

Did anyone scoop up El Duque, yet?

Arod was kept out of the lineup tonight.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis
    Arod was kept out of the lineup tonight.
    Flu-like symptoms...hope it's not the dreaded Yankee parasite.

If the trade is approved, he won't join my lineup til monday, so I haven't technically cursed him just yet.

Thanks NJ, I think I'll pick up El Duque

Quote Originally Posted by medford
    Kaz Matsui can't get on the field.
    Piazza goes on the DL
    Tom Glavine gets in a car wreck
    Vasquez gets pink eye
    I had the exact same problem, plus I had Penny pull up lame. In a pinch a dumped Kaz and grabbed David Wells for an emergency start to get me to the innings limit. Then someone in my league floated Johnny Estrada and I dumped Piazza for him. I little hope for Kaz or Piazza to do much more this year, they're injured and the mets are falling downwards.

Recently I dumped Jimenez as my 2nd baseman and went with a triad system of Bobby Crosby/Alex Cora/Micaheal Cuddyer it couldn't be worse than Kaz and DJ.

WOY,

Irronically I had Penny in my other fantasy league. This being a 5x5 league w/ a maximum innnings pitched cout, this posses less of a problem as I'm currently on pace to exceed the maximum innings pitched count by 150+ innings. I just took note of this aspect last week, dumped a starter in favor of BJ Ryan, who I figure should lower my team ERA a tad bit, and not eat up many innings.

I dumped Kaz as well in that one in favor of Royce Clayton. I agree I wouldn't count on Kaz or Piazza much for the rest of the year, but then again neither didn't add much to my team this year (at least not as much as I originally thought they would. At least Zito is finally starting to live up to form, and perhaps holding on to Prior all year, he may finally pay off down the stretch.

Well the beat rolls on...

I picked up Victor Zambrano in the A-Rod trade, he then goes on the DL after his first start.

Danny Graves joins the list of hurt players on my team.

at this rate, I'll have no one left to play, thankfully the team I'm playing this week has an owner who's given up on his team, and no longer makes any changes. They've got about 6 position players on the DL so I stand a good chance to keep my 10 game lead going into the playoffs.

You might want to take a flyer on Troy Glaus, who's on a rehab assignment and will probably be the Angels DH in Sept.

Thanks NJ, Glaus may work in my 5x5 league that I currently have David Wright occuping 3rd. Sad, I used to have 20+ point lead that is now down to around 5 points or so. Even worse, I'm currently projected to exceed my maximum # of innings pitched by about 141 innings, so I'm being very selective w/ my starting pitching (using 4 relievers including graves) and hoping that my strikeouts & win totals don't fall too far behind the pack to cost me the lead.

Thankfully, I still have a 10 game lead w/ 2 weeks to go in my head to head league before the playoffs. Glauss may be a better option @ DH than Giles???

I think I need to join a redszone league or something next year where everyone actually particpates throughout the season. Only having to compete agains 4 to 6 full time players in each league makes it a bit too easy.

Not sure if anyone is even reading this or cares, but surprise, surprise; Ugeth Urbina is on my 5x5 team. What was once a 20+ point lead now finds me in a 4 way dog fight to take the crown 1/2 game behind the new leader & only 4 games over 4th place.

At this rate, I guess I should be happy that I wasn't able to pick up any bengals in my football league draft last night

Turn Off Ads?