Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football trade opinions needed....

Fantasy Football trade opinions needed....

Culpepper and Stephen Davis

for

McNair and Shaun Alexander

I have Culpepper/Davis and am only worried that McNair will get injured this season.

Suggestions?

My other RB is Clinton Portis, and I picked up Lamar Gordon as a backup today once I learned he got traded to the Dolphins.

Here is my current team:

Culpepper - QB
    Delhomme - QB
    Portis - RB
    Davis - RB
    Gordon - RB
    M. Williams - RB
    Chambers - WR
    R. Smith - WR
    D. Givens - WR
    M. Clayton - WR
    D. Bennett - WR
    T. Heap - TE
    Wilkins - K
    SEA - DEF
    DEN - DEF

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Fantasy Football trade opinions needed....

I'd do that in a second. Shaun Alexander is in his walk year, and he is playing on a very good, well balanced offense, and is NOT going to split carries, or lose carries to ANYONE. Davis might. The drop from Culpepper to McNair isn't that great, not as great as the upgrade you're getting at RB. Do it.

I forgot to add that Culpepper is just as likely to get injured as McNair is. One difference though, McNair will play through it, and is used to playing hurt.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Got to agree w/ Red Leader, I'd do that trade in a heart beat. Both Culpepper & McNair had comparable years last year & depending upon your league's scoring, McNair had scored the most fantasy points (at least in my league anyways) thru the first 12 weeks of last year. McNair is always hurt, but he mostly plays thru the pain & is very consistant week to week.

Another thought, you may want to drop Delhomme in favor of someone like David Carr. I think Delhomme suffers from the Troy Aikman syndrome. A solid field general if you want to base your real life football team on great defense and a great running game & just enough passing to keep the other team honest. While this is great for real life football, it doesn't add up in fantasy leagues. Same thing w/ Tom Brady, who while he's a 2 time super bowl MVP, he was at best the 10th best fantasy QB last year. I personally see more upside in a guy like Carr, now that he has Dominick Davis to support him & Andre Johnson & Jabar Gaffney to catch passes.

$0.02

That trade's a wash any way you look at it.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Do it!

Ok folks....the other guy got back to my offer and sent a counter offer.

Culpepper, Davis, and C. Chambers

for

McNair, Alexander, and R. Wayne.

I am most likely going to do the trade, but my only reservation is that my WRs are not very good and Chambers is my best one. Now, I know he will most likely not succeed as much as he did last year (Chambers) since Ricky is gone, but I also think Wayne could come decently close to the same output.

Again, thoughts? Thanks.

makes it a bit tougher. Are you in a league where the trade could go thru by tonight's game, so that you could use Reggie? Personally, I'd see if they had anyone slightly better than Reggie and try & make that switch. Of course, if you believe that Reggie Wayne & Chris Chamers are equals, then go ahead & make the trade. Reggie's in a better offense, but Chris is the unquestioned go to guy in a more "run base, conservative, let the defense win it" offense.

If it were me, I'd try & tweak it just a bit, offer him the same trade w/ Bennett thrown in exchange for his best reciever after Reggie (assuming that he's still better than Bennett) What are his other recievers?

Quote Originally Posted by medford
    makes it a bit tougher. Are you in a league where the trade could go thru by tonight's game, so that you could use Reggie? Personally, I'd see if they had anyone slightly better than Reggie and try & make that switch. Of course, if you believe that Reggie Wayne & Chris Chamers are equals, then go ahead & make the trade. Reggie's in a better offense, but Chris is the unquestioned go to guy in a more "run base, conservative, let the defense win it" offense.

If it were me, I'd try & tweak it just a bit, offer him the same trade w/ Bennett thrown in exchange for his best reciever after Reggie (assuming that he's still better than Bennett) What are his other recievers?
    His receivers are TO, Booker, Price, Branch, and Wayne.

Maybe sub in Bennett and Price??

Continue the suggestions I'm somewhat new to competitive FF.

That to me sounds like the best option is to add Bennett & Price into the trade, and see if they'll take that.

This should give you the best RB combo in your league.
    A top 5 fantasy QB, that should be consistant week to week (which only matters if your in a head to head league)

I think Price/Wayne/Clayton/Smith/Givens has to potential to give you a pretty decent WR core. They won't be the best of the bunch in your league, but should be fairly consistent assuming they don't get too injuried. (You shouldn't ever count on rookie WR's too much, as it tends to take them 3 years to produce, but IMHO, Clayton could produce the most this year,out of all the rookie WR's. He's probably the most overlooked at any rate) Price should bounce back w/ Vick & Crumpler developing & healthy plus Jenkins to take some of the heat off. Smith is getting a bit old & is on the down slide, but Givens is entering his 3 year, where a WR is most likely to pick up their production to become stars. (think Chad Johnson & Chris Chamber last year that both exploded into top 5-10 WR).

Hope this helps, what do others think?

Well just heard on the radio that Portis is now out 8-9 weeks due to an injury suffered in the weight room. You may just want to take the deal as is, just to get at least 1 stud fantasy running back.

Makes me feel glad that I passed on Portis to take Shaun Alexander in my draft.

Good Luck

EDIT: Hold that thought, now there is a report that the Portis injury rumor was not true. Wait & see I suppose.
    Last edited by medford; 09-09-2004 at 06:21 PM.

Holy crap, you just fricken scared the living sh!t out of me man.....

He hasn't gotten back to me on the deal with Bennett and Price in, but if he declines it I'm gonna offer Chambers and Price. I think Portis and Alexander really can carry me, and McNair (healthy) will only be slighty fewer points then Culpepper.

Sorry about the scare, definently not intentional. And to think, a rumor started on a fantasy web sit found its way to the Fox Sports Radio report & cbs.sportsline.com.

I'm sure some desperate souls went out there & tried to make a deal quick upon hearing the news. Good Luck.

Culpepper, Davis, and Chambers

for

McNair, Alexander, and Branch...I think that's the best you can hope for.

BTW, I think Branch will be WAY better than Peerless Price, Booker, or Wayne this year, and Branch will probably be close to Chambers in production as well since MIA's offense will struggle.
    Last edited by Red Leader; 09-10-2004 at 02:24 PM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Culpepper, Davis, and Chambers

for

McNair, Alexander, and Branch...I think that's the best you can hope for.
    I have proposed this trade to the guy in my league, we'll see if he goes for it or not.

I got another interesting one today. Thoughts?

I give up Portis, Chambers, L. Gordon, SEA

for

A. Green, Chad Johnson, Travis Minor, and Andra Davis.

If I can convince myself that Green for Portis is a wash, I think I'm going to make this trade. What do you think?

That would give me this starting lineup

QB - Culpepper
    RB - Green
    RB - Davis
    WR - Johnson
    WR - R. Smith
    WR - D. Givens/Bennett/Davis
    TE - T. Heap
    DEF - DEN
    K - J. Wilkins

And if I can pull off the other trade, I could be looking at:

QB - McNair
    RB - Green
    RB - Alexander
    WR - Johnson
    WR - R. Smith
    WR - D. Givens/Bennett/Davis
    TE - Heap
    DEF - DEN
    K - J. Wilkins

Not sure what advice to give you but

Green > Portis if you believe Portis will get nicked up for a couple of games (as he's done the previous 2 seasons)

Portis > Green if Portis plays every week. IMHO, you have to roll the dice which ever way you think Portis's injuries will hit him

Chad > Chambers Provided major injuries don't hit. After today's games, it seems that cinci is going to have to throw the ball alot.

L Gordon > Travis Minor, as Gordon was brought in to be the eventual starter. Neither one is proven as a starter otherwise.

Sea > Denver's defense. Denver gets KC x 2, SD (read LT) x 2 & Oakland x 2
    Sea gets St. Louis x2, San Fran x 2, & Arizona x 2.

I'm not sure how the rest of the schedule shakes out, but at least within their 6 league games, seattle has easier opponents.

$0.02

Turn Off Ads?