Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Fantasy Football Help/Opinion

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Fantasy Football Help/Opinion

I play in a yardage/points league. Who should I start:

Charles Rogers at Chicago

OR

Isaac Bruce at home against the Cardinals

I'm already starting Torry Holt, the Rams defense, and Wilkins (K), so I am a bit leary of putting all of my eggs in the Rams basket.

Chicago has a tough secondary (Tillman will cover Rogers I'm sure)...

Right now I put in Rogers because he is the best talent, but am I insane?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Fantasy Football Help/Opinion

I'd play Rogers as well. I had Bruce last year and was disappointed every week.

It's tough trying to play matchups. I've got a team where I either have to play proven Henry against Jacksonville's tough run defense, or unproven Griffin against Kansas City's weak defense. Right now I have Griffin in, but it'll probably be changed a few times before 1:00.

I left it at Rogers. Historically, Bruce hasn't done much the past few years against the Cardinls. Watch him explode today.

I am in two leagues and I drafted like 7 WRs in both to have trade leverage later on....all it's done so far is cause me to have a tough choice as to who my third WR will be every week.

BTW, I'd play Henry over Griffin. By week 2 or 3, you should know a bit better how Griffin will be...

Shanahan seems to make 1000 yard backs in his backyard....

I got lucky and left Griffin in. :gac:

I had Rogers in both leagues. He cost me the game in one league....and Isaac Bruce had a great day...geesh.

Oh and not only did I have Charles Rogers, I had Steve Smith. No luck at all...

I would not follow my advice for the rest of the year, based on my decision making skills this week.

I just traded Mchael Vick away straight up for Michael Vick.

I got to looking at Vick's numbers over his career, and if he doesn't run, he isn't worth squat in fantasy football.

I figure Pennington will at least be consistent.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 09-15-2004 at 10:43 PM.

I just traded Mchael Vick away straight up for Michael Vick.
    That's...quite a deal, Dom.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

You know, I must have been really hungover or something when I typed that...

I traded Vick for Pennington, of course.

At least I would not have lost ground trading him straight up for himself.

Turn Off Ads?