Thread: Waiver-Wire Wideouts

Waiver-Wire Wideouts

In my 10-team league, here are the waiver-wire receivers I'm interested in:

David Terrell

Cedrick Wilson

Antonio Bryant

Marcus Robinson

David Givens

TE Eric Johnson is also available, but only as a backup/trade bait (I have Tony Gonzalez as my starter).

I'm considering dropping Dante Hall and Nate Burleson to pick up two of the above. I have the 2nd pick in this week's waiver draft.

Any advice?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Waiver-Wire Wideouts

I'd keep Burleson. MINN passing offense looks like its going to be extremely good all year, and because of the 5 yard rule enforcement teams are going to have to play double and triple coverage on Moss, which will leave Burleson, M.Robinson open a lot, so I like him to remain effective.

I would think that David Terrell would be a good pickup, but he's only had 1 good game so far, and 3 bad years of history. Its a gamble, but it could pay off huge. My next favorite from that list is David Givens. I think he'll be good, but NE spreads the ball around A LOT, so counting on him consistently is a gamble. Antonio Bryant is similar to Terrell. I just don't like him as much because you know that Vinny will be getting the ball to Keyshawn a lot, which will effect the number of balls that go to Bryant, and they are going to run the ball more than they did this past week...

Those are my views. I'm in the process of trying to replace Steve Smith. I don't know who to pickup to replace him. I've narrowed it down to: E.Kennison, T.Calico, D.Driver, D.Givens, A. Bryant, R.Gardner, Q.Morgan, and D.Gabriel. Any thoughts on that group?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I think Calico has a lot of upside...Kennison should get you yards, but it seems like anytime KC is w/in 10 yards of the endzone, Priest gets the call and more often then not gets it done.

Johnny Footstool: I've heard some good things about Cedric Wilson. But that'll depend on the 49ers QB situation.

I'm really looking for a WR who's the #1 option on his team. Terrell is my first choice, because he's all Chicago has in terms of WRs.

The others on my list are really just 2nd choices. They all suffer from the "spread it around" syndrome to some degree -- lots of other options at receiver for each of their teams. I guess I'm just wondering if any of them could stand out.

Thinking about it now, I doubt either Robinson or Burleson can stand out consistently with Moss as the top option. I think they'll split time at WR2 and each end up with 650-700 yards -- pretty mediocre.

Bryant, as many have said, will be hurt by Parcells' love for Keyshawn. He's probably on par with Burleson/Robinson.

Givens, IMO, has a better chance to hit 800 yards with a few more TDs. Then again, he could drop off the map at any time like Troy Brown or David Patten.

Cedrick Wilson is an enigma-- SF has issues at QB, but Wilson hauled in a ton of passes in Week 1. Still, Brandon Lloyd is the "official" #1 WR in SF. But who knows? Tough call.

Eric Johnson, OTOH, is a top-10 TE, but I don't need him with Tony G. on my squad. The question is, would I be able to trade him for a better WR than any in the group I'm looking at now?

Red Leader, of the group you listed, I like Driver best, then Calico, then Kennison.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Don't forget about Michael Clayton with the Bucs. While I would only use him as a backup the 1st half of the season (I have him and drafted him in my league) he is going to be the only option in TB for quite awhile.

McCardell isn't gonna play there, and Galloway just went down for at least 4 weeks.

Terrell is the #1 option for the Bears, but pick up Clayton if you can. He will produce this year, even though most rookie receivers are garbage.

Receivers are my lone weak spot. I have Chambers (horrible Dolphin offense), Rod Smith (could be a sleeper type), Givens, Clayton, and Drew Bennett.

I wouldnt leave out Justin Gage just yet. After the Booker trade, I jumped to grab this guy in my keeper league. I think he has more potential than Terrell in the long run.

In the same keeper league, I drafted Michael Clayton and wish I would have started him this week over Reggie Williams or Lavernaeus Coles(even though I won in blowout fashion). Hes definitely starting this week.

Red Leader, id take Quincy Morgan, even though the Browns have Souljah, one of the other WRs is likely to emerge in Cleveland. My money is on Morgan over Northcutt and Andre Davis.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I already picked up Donald Driver, but Calico, Q.Morgan, and Givens are the ones I'm keeping an eye on most if Driver doesn't produce next week. I'm leary of Calico because he's the third receiver in TEN. I have Souljah as my TE, and didn't want to load up on Browns. As for Givens, I have a lot of players on bye in week 3 and I needed whoever I picked up to start for me in week 3. Donald Driver vs the Indianapolis pass D looked like a nice matchup to me. I can't remember though, does Favre struggle in domes, or does he explode in them? Now that I think about it, I think he struggles, but I still like the matchup.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?