This is my work league. $50 to play. 10 team non-keeper league
    QB's: 1 pt / 25 yds pass; 1 pt / 10 yds rush; 6 pts / TD, -2 pts / INT,FUM
    RB/WR/TE: 1 pt /10 yds rush,rec; 6 ptd TD

Here is my team:
    QB: T.Green
    RB: D.McAllister, T.Henry, W.McGahee, L.Gordon, J.Jones, M.Morris
    WR: H.Ward, J.Porter, D.Driver, A.Boldin
    TE: Winslow

I scored the least points in our league last week, no one scored. I picked up M.Morris and now Alexander might play, so he's useless.
    I'm thinking I need to make a trade, but don't know who to offer and who to get. I know that the owner who has Quentin Griffin doesn't think he's as good as I do. I was thinking of maybe offering Henry and Ward to him for T.O and Griffin. Would that be a bad deal? I just don't want to end up in last place and will do whatever it takes to make this team into a winner. What do you think I should do?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I need a lot of help here

I just talked to that owner and he doesn't want to deal T.O, but said that he'd be interested in trading Quentin Griffin and Lee Suggs for Travis Henry and McGahee. Is that a good deal? Do you think Quentin will outperform Henry, and will Suggs split carries all year with Green when he returns, or will he be the starter with Green strictly being a backup?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Griffin is going to start pretty much the whole year, unless Tatum Bell really turns it on.

And in Denver's offense, the RB is going to get at least 1,200 and with Griffin being able to catch the ball out of the backfield I would guess he'll score 10-15 TDs. That total will at least match Henry's output, and eventually Suggs is going to take over for Green.

I would do that trade in a heartbeat because there's no reason to have 2 RBs from the same team starting for you in a week.

Deuce and Quentin will be a very good 1-2, with Suggs eventually being a solid backup.

If I do that trade the other team will have:

RB1 Tomlinson, RB2 Rudi Johnson, RB3 Travis Henry and McGahee as a backup

T.O is his WR1.

That's a pretty solid backfield for him, but of course right now he has Tomlinson, R.Johnson and Griffin, which is pretty nice as well.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

McGahee is over rated and will not produce anything worth a starting spot unless Henry is injured or traded (ie next year).

RB1 Deuce RB2 Griffin RB3 Gordon is a pretty good trio. Then still have Suggs if he becomes the featured back, along with Julious Jones whenever he takes over fulltime.

I still think Griffin will outpreform Herry this season because of his pass catching ability and him being in Denver behind that offensive line that produces 1,000 yard runners like the Twins produce relievers. Plus, Suggs has at least as much value as McGahee right now and could eventually be the fulltime starter.

I still vote to do the trade. Maybe someone else will respond to the trade and give their opinion so you don't have to base your decision only on me

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Redleader, you need to do that deal in a heartbeat. Travis Henry typically falls off in the second half, and I think Griffin is the real deal.

Do it before he changes his mind.

Also- Relax. It's just week one. Hines Ward will be fine as will Deuce. Can you get another QB via a move or trade? Green is good, but Priest Holmes is the man in KC...

With only 10 teams in your league, there has to be a decent QB out there. Jeff Garcia is usually undrafted and he's a steal if you can pick up for nothing...
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 09-15-2004 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    Can you get another QB via a move or trade? Green is good, but Priest Holmes is the man in KC...

With only 10 teams in your league, there has to be a decent QB out there. Jeff Garcia is usually undrafted and he's a steal if you can pick up for nothing...
    I was going to pick up another QB soon. Rich Gannon, Jeff Garcia, Vinny Testeverde, Byron Leftwich, Drew Bledsoe, and Tommy Maddox are all on my waiver wire. I think I'm going to pick up Gannon over Garcia, simply because of Norv Turner's offense. I don't think Garcia will put up 300 yard games like Gannon will.

I have Maurice Morris and as soon as I find out what Alexander's status is for this weekends game, I'm going to drop him and pick up Gannon. I like Green's TD/INT ratio and the fact that he threw for 4000+ yards last year. He's very underrated.

I talked to the other guy a little earlier tonight and he wasn't so sure he wanted to do the McGahee / Suggs side of it, but he still seemed interested in trading Griffin for Henry and maybe adding other players to it.

He has: RB-Tomlinson, R.Johnson, Griffin, Suggs. WR-T.Owens, Burleson, D.Stallworth.

I might have to give up McGahee and Jerry Porter to get Suggs thrown in there, and that might be too much for me to give up, so worse case scenario, Henry for Griffin straight up, would you do it?
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

My friend is now countering with the following deal:

He gives: Q.Griffen, D.Stallworth or N.Burleson

I give: T.Henry, D.Driver

or since we use IDP's he said that he's consider:

Him: Q.Griffen, Stallworth or Burleson, K.Brooking

Me: T.Henry, D.Driver, W.McGahee.

Do either of those sound like good deals for me?
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I'd personally do the 1st one. Griffin will outplay Henry as has been discussed. And Stallworth has a chance to be very good. I would consider Stallworth and Driver as equals.

Do it

Well, as usual, back to the drawing board. The owner said that he recently read that Henry had a slight hamstring twinge and that's why he didn't practice yesterday. That coupled with the presence of McGahee, along with Q's big week in week 1 have made him change his mind until he sees a couple more games out of both.

Ideally, I want to trade Henry, so I can get rid of McGahee to clear that roster spot. I'll also have M.Morris' spot open after this week.

I put an offer in to another owner: Henry + Jerry Porter for Jamal Lewis. I don't think he'll go for that, he does need WR help, and is still scared about the pending trial, but I doubt he takes that.

If I can get rid of Henry and get a RB in return, I'd have McGahee's spot I could use to pickup a backup QB and Morris' spot I could use to pickup Tyrone Calico, Boo Williams (who was just waived) or another defensive player, and if Driver doesn't pan out, I could use his spot to pickup another WR. Not game changing moves, but definite improvement.

I'm half tempted to dump McGahee now, but if Henry goes down at all, and I can't get McGahee back, my season is surely done for as I will only have 1 legitimate RB.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33
    Griffin is going to start pretty much the whole year, unless Tatum Bell really turns it on.

5-7, 195 lb. running backs don't typically hold up over the course of a sixteen game season. My bet is that Bell is starting by Week 8. Until then, Griffin is a good start, but I think that if you have him on your team right now you should sell high.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

Ok, let me recap here just for fun:

Preseason: Anquan Boldin, knee injury (out 8-12 weeks)
    Week 1: Steve Smith, broken fibula (out 8-12 weeks)
    Week 2: Kellen Winslow, broken fibula (out 8-12 weeks)
    Deuce McAllister, high ankle sprain (out 2-6 weeks)
    Julius Jones, broken shoulder blade (out 8-12 weeks)

Man, this football season has been especially rough for me. My team is just getting beat on. I'll continue to hang in there and pray that another starting RB goes down for the year so I can pick up his backup...that's the only part of fantasy football I don't like, sometimes you have to hope for injury to another person just to get back to being competitive, but its either someone gets hurt or I'm done for the year by week 3.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?