Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Jerome FREAKING Bettis

Jerome FREAKING Bettis

I'm not going to use the word hate, but I strongly disprove of how the Steelers are using this guy. I have Deuce Staley as one of my #3 running back and he's on pace for almost 1,500 yeards, yet he hasn't scored a TD. Jerome Bettis has 22 total yards and 5 TDs. I knew they'd put the bus in at the goal line, but I didn't think it would be every single time. At some point they've got to reward Deuce for doing all the heavy lifting, don't they?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jerome FREAKING Bettis

If they are winning games that way...I doubt it! :thumbdown

Just hope he can break some at a distance.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

MWM, are you saying the Steelers should alter their game plan because you have Deuce Staley in a fantasy football league?

It's funny how FF changes the way you watch football. Used to be I'd root for teams, now I am hoping my QB falls behind early so he'll pass pass pass....

And the fouth quarter, for the most part, is just a fantasy wasteland. Doesn't seem like anyone scores too much...

I am playing Marc Bulger this weekend and I have Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce. I can't decide if it's better to play them or to sit them down.

Which brings me to the other thing I hate about fantasy football: When my bench outscores my starters.

I have only mad a few wrong moves, but it is frustrating to have the stat tracker up and watch your bench tearing it up.

It is so much fun to pick up someone on Sunday and play them during a great week. I picked up Reche Caldwell last week and played him on hunch and he won the game for me.

It's a lot of fun, but I don't think Pittsburgh is concerned with rewarding you and Deuce.

Well, the Bus has become Pittsburgh's version of Zack Crockett. I just picked him up just in case I have to start a back for injuries. In that league I have Tiki and Shaun Alexander, plus Stephen Davis in reserve (if he ever gets back on the field). So my decision this week, with Tiki having a bye, is whether to go three wide, or hope that Davis gets back on the field, cause if he doesn't my decision is Mushin Muhammed as the third wide or Bettis and hope he gets another cheap TD.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    Well, the Bus has become Pittsburgh's version of Zack Crockett. I just picked him up just in case I have to start a back for injuries. In that league I have Tiki and Shaun Alexander, plus Stephen Davis in reserve (if he ever gets back on the field). So my decision this week, with Tiki having a bye, is whether to go three wide, or hope that Davis gets back on the field, cause if he doesn't my decision is Mushin Muhammed as the third wide or Bettis and hope he gets another cheap TD.
    Geez, Puffy, I have all 4 of those RBs on my team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Dom, is it too much to ask for Bill Cowher to consider my fantasy team needs?

Luckily, Duce had a 25 yard TD this past Sunday which didn't give the bus a chance on that particular drive. Hopefully, we'll see more of these types of runs.

I caught a lucky break this week. Edgerrin James is my primary RB and is on a bye. The guy I'm playing this week has Peyton manning as his QB, so it works out perfectly.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

The platoon/multiple back makes some fantasy backs worthless.

See the Raiders with Tyrone Wheatley, Justin Fargas, Amos Zereoue, and Zack Crockett.

The Eagles would have been the same way if not for Correll Buckhalter.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?