Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another day, another conspiracy theory

Re: Another day, another conspiracy theory

It seems that this issue dropped off the map pretty quickly. I was not satisfied with the explanation that it was a wrinkle in his jacket. A jacket stretched tightly across a man's back is not going to just wrinkle right in the middle. I'm not saying he was being communicated with, but I'm not satisifed that no explanation was ever given.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

If he was being communicated with, we have wireless technology, and receiving mechanisms so small they fit into the ear unnoticeable. Do you think he'd have to wear this big bulky box strapped to his back?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    If he was being communicated with, we have wireless technology, and receiving mechanisms so small they fit into the ear unnoticeable. Do you think he'd have to wear this big bulky box strapped to his back?
    I agree. I don't know what it was but if they were going to outfit him with a radio receiver, don't you think that it would be small enough so it wasn't noticeable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

What was it? He had it on all three debates. Not that it helped him much. :MandJ:

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    Like I said, I'm not saying that I think he was doing anything wrong, and you make an excellent point. But you also admitted in your reply that it was a "big bulky box", which is in conflict with the campaign spokeswoman's denial that there was anything at all underneath there. If it was nothing that would cause controversy, then why did she deny it's very existence? That would seem to be creating the appearance of guilt where none should exist.

well, FWIW, I've never seen a wireless pack smaller than that size on his back. This is exactly the size that I've seen for receivers (used around the world on stages by singers, etc). There's a whole lot of RF happening on a TV set and I'd imagine he WOULD need this type of receiver to receive info. The big question is whether there is an earpiece visible inside one of his ears. IF not, then it's not a receiver. What's wierd is that it's not on his belt behind his back - that's where people usually mount them and they aren't too visible then. Maybe our president needs a rock and roll stage crew to get better at this stuff....
    If he was doing that, to me it would be very very risky - so I personally doubt that he was "wired" for sound. But it is odd.

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    But you also admitted in your reply that it was a "big bulky box", which is in conflict with the campaign spokeswoman's denial that there was anything at all underneath there. If it was nothing that would cause controversy, then why did she deny it's very existence? That would seem to be creating the appearance of guilt where none should exist.
    My use of "big bulky box" was not to imply that I think that's what it is; but was in response to what others who started this story were implying (i.e. a receiver).

That is why I replied the way I did... we have the technology today where he could simply have a wireless ear piece w/ no receiver attached. They were talking about this picture on the news the other day, and they had some communication tech reps on there with gadgets that were wireless and basically "invisible", that they could have used if they had chosen to be fed info and not wanting to be detected.

The obvious give-away would have been if Bush had started spouting off the lyrics to "Stairway To Heaven" in the middle of a response, due to interference.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

http://www.isbushwired.com/

Apparently there's now a site dedicated to this.

I really can't imagine that Bush is wired though, to be honest. If that's the case, then whoever's feeding him info is doing just a terrible job. He's had to many gaffes: the Osama bin Laden quote which he denied, "rumors on the internets", giving an answer on tort reform when the question was about flu shots, etc.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Its quite obvious its material from his jacket. This is a photo from the 3rd debate.

Quote Originally Posted by letsgojunior
    [url]He's had to many gaffes: the Osama bin Laden quote which he denied, "rumors on the internets"...
    That word "Internets" caught my attention during the debate, too. Then Saturday Night Live came down hard on him for it. In the parody the guy playing him used the word Internets many times, each time emphasizing the "s" on the end. :MandJ: They've poked at Kerry, too, so I guess they're equal opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by smith288

Its quite obvious its material from his jacket. This is a photo from the 3rd debate.

Really> take a closer look.

From the angle you show RBA, it sure doesn't look like the very first picture that appeared to show a rectangular box. It now has changed shape. How can that be? Or maybe it does give credence to that it may simply have been the wrinkles in his jacket material.

Now if when he shook Kerry's hand, Kerry's hair stood on end and his eyes bugged out, then I might go along that Bush was wired.

This is great for Bush. They want to keep this "issue" going. At the end of the day it only reinforces the lengths the Left is going to smear Bush and will turn off undecided voters. An even better conspiracy-theory for those among us is that the Bush campaign seeks to keep this going. And look...I think RBA and Macro BELIEVE it!

(If you think that anyone requires a bulky box taped to their back for communication than you are woefully uninformed about technology in 2004.)

I don't believe it's a wire but something completely different. Why don't the Bush people please level with the American people? Why does Bush refuse to take his annual physical delaying until after the election.

I never said it was a wire.

Retired

It's the hard plate in a bulletproof vest, boys and girls. When the plates are stitched in they layer kevlar around it to support the plate and offer extra protection, it tends to bulk that area up. I worked for the Secret Service for years; it's not uncommon for Presidents to wear vests during debates or public events, especially for Bush. According to some friends of mine still working their he wears one quite often. I’m surprised he wears one as often as he does, they are very uncomfortable and hot. You typically sweat you rear end off wearing one of those things.

As for the White House saying it wasn't a vest, of course that's what they say. They will never tell you the truth on anything regarding protection details. It's Secret Service policy to NEVER divulge any information regarding presidential security.

Turn Off Ads?