Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another day, another conspiracy theory

Re: Another day, another conspiracy theory

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    It's the hard plate in a bulletproof vest, boys and girls. When the plates are stitched in they layer kevlar around it to support the plate and offer extra protection, it tends to bulk that area up. I worked for the Secret Service for years; it's not uncommon for Presidents to wear vests during debates or public events, especially for Bush. According to some friends of mine still working their he wears one quite often. I’m surprised he wears one as often as he does, they are very uncomfortable and hot. You typically sweat you rear end off wearing one of those things.

As for the White House saying it wasn't a vest, of course that's what they say. They will never tell you the truth on anything regarding protection details. It's Secret Service policy to NEVER divulge any information regarding presidential security.

Well, doesn't the Secret Service have to give the same protection to the challenger (maybe not exactly the same, but close.) So a good reason the white house doesn't comment on it maybe the "Wimp" factor. As Kerry not wearing one and Bush is. The Bush people don't want to damage their meme that Bush as a hero. I don't personnally think wearing a Vest is being a wimp, but I know a lot of dumbasses that do.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    Well, doesn't the Secret Service have to give the same protection to the challenger (maybe not exactly the same, but close.) So a good reason the white house doesn't comment on it maybe the "Wimp" factor. As Kerry not wearing one and Bush is. The Bush people don't want to damage their meme that Bush as a hero. I don't personnally think wearing a Vest is being a wimp, but I know a lot of dumbasses that do.
    The level of security really isn't the same. The detail assigned to Kerry uses the same methods and tatics, but the number of agents in his detail is nothing compared to what Bush has.

Reccomendations about vests, and other things, are made to each but the final decision remains with the principal (W or Kerry). They don't have to wear the vest, but the SS can strongly reccomend it. BTW, don't assume Kerry wasn't wearing a vest for any of those debates because I'd bet he was during at least one of them. It really doesn't have anything to do with the "wimp factor" either, it's the Secret Service procedure to never comment, so it wouldn't matter who the President is.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    The level of security really isn't the same. The detail assigned to Kerry uses the same methods and tatics, but the number of agents in his detail is nothing compared to what Bush has.

Reccomendations about vests, and other things, are made to each but the final decision remains with the principal (W or Kerry). They don't have to wear the vest, but the SS can strongly reccomend it. BTW, don't assume Kerry wasn't wearing a vest for any of those debates because I'd bet he was during at least one of them. It really doesn't have anything to do with the "wimp factor" either, it's the Secret Service procedure to never comment, so it wouldn't matter who the President is.
    I understand the Secret Service does not comment. But let's be honest, if Bush is wearing one and Kerry isn't, the White House doesn't want that known.

I don't believe it's a wire but something completely different. Why don't the Bush people please level with the American people? Why does Bush refuse to take his annual physical delaying until after the election.

I never said it was a wire.
    Maybe he wants to die in office?

Your wild assumptions are bordering on the ridiculous, do you realize that? Maybe not.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I understand the Secret Service does not comment. But let's be honest, if Bush is wearing one and Kerry isn't, the White House doesn't want that known.
    Why does Kerry need one? :mhcky21:
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

You guys are starting to really worry me.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

i think it's the stick up his.......

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I had missed this wild theory.
    http://houston.indymedia.org/news/2004/12/35839.php
    George W. Bush apparently is wearing a medical device for "persons at risk of cardiac arrest." It is a LifeVest wearable defibrillator. He started using it sometime after his January 2002 fainting spell, which was attributed to choking. Based on photos showing him wearing the device, one can conclude the fainting was due to atrial fibrillation (AF), which his father also had. His father's AF was caused by Graves' hyperthyroidism, which his mother also has. Bush likely has AF and less likely Graves', based on his family history and symptoms. The AF may have caused a stroke or TIA (mini-stroke), of which physicians watching the debates detected symptoms. Observers have noted psychological symptoms consistent with this and with Wernicke-Korsakoff disease.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    Maybe he wants to die in office?

Your wild assumptions are bordering on the ridiculous, do you realize that? Maybe not.
    Looks like my wild assumptions may not be far off the mark.

I don't know why you guys even bother responding to me, you know I'm usually right. You do realize that? Maybe not?

Nah! You're left....real far left.

Turn Off Ads?