Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: AP is reporting that Larkin is not coming back...

Re: AP is reporting that Larkin is not coming back...

Fair enough. It was a baseball decision, so I understand why Miley and O'Brien were left to make the call and not John Allen. But perhaps a face-to-face meeting would have been ideal. I just wonder if Barry would have thought the team was patronizing him.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    Winning cures alot of problems.
    The Cincinnati Reds Organization won't be "winning" anytime soon. Do we expect Chicago, St. Louis and Houston to implode anytime soon? Clearly we have seen who's ownership and management had the right plans and direction that led up to the past few seasons and the most recent, it was not the Reds, so can we expect a miracle that Lindner and his braintrust will somehow become successful when they have not been? Their sudden change of directions is nothing but another smoke screen for cost cutting and Lindner's bottom line and Miley is the right man to manage the AAAA team that they will and have offered the Reds fans.

Larkin in reality makes no difference one way or another for this organiztion. The franchise will have to have the right ownership and management before "winning" ever gets a chance to bring any cures.
    Last edited by Spring~Fields; 10-13-2004 at 04:49 PM.

Originally Posted by paulrichjr
    Just our luck Larkin will go to some team and end up leading the team to the World Series while playing in 140 games and getting 175 hits.

Quote Originally Posted by princeton
    you say that like it's a bad thing.

for true fans, it's the best thing

Amen.

This is just a fit that the front office doesn't want. That decision is wide open for debate.

But I wish Barry nothing but the best in landing somewhere and playing, if that's really what he wants.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan
    The Cincinnati Reds Organization won't be "winning" anytime soon. Do we expect Chicago, St. Louis and Houston to implode anytime soon? Clearly we have seen who's ownership and management had the right plans and direction that led up to the past few seasons and the most recent, it was not the Reds, so can we expect a miracle that Lindner and his braintrust will somehow become successful when they have not been? Their sudden change of directions is nothing but another smoke screen for cost cutting and Lindner's bottom line and Miley is the right man to manage the AAAA team that they will and have offered the Reds fans.

Larkin in reality makes no difference one way or another for this organiztion. The franchise will have to have the right ownership and management before "winning" ever gets a chance to bring any cures.
    Don't agree. Chicago has the young pitching, but bad moves from Houston and St.Louis can take what seems like a secure base and destroy it quickly. Everything has its time and place. If the young players mature into good players, so does the franchise which is why Dunn's season was so positive besides WMP improvement, Hudson's surprising development and getting younger positive stuff righties into the bullpen over the next 6 months from the Van Pimpels or Riedlings of the world.

I don't know if you will see a return of the Reds to the playoffs next year, though we are due for the cyle to return. But according to O'brien's and Miley's contracts, they better be getting there by 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by princeton
    you say that like it's a bad thing.

for true fans, it's the best thing

I'm sorry I guess I didn't make myself clear. I was trying to say that with our luck Barry would have a great season AFTER leaving here. I am not wishing bad luck on him ...I am saying that he hasn't had a really good season for a really long time. I don't wish upon Barry Larkin bad luck. I just think that with guys like Austin Kearns, Barry Larkin, and Ken Griffey Jr all on the DL or hurt for much of the past 2 years it has been really hard to have a good season. I would like to have had a healthy season out of Barry like I described.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Turn Off Ads?