Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Issue 1 in Ohio Nov. 2

Re: Issue 1 in Ohio Nov. 2

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    I really don't want to step into this, but how does this apply?

This law is a nonissue. Companies and probably the state of Ohio will still continue to offer benefits for gay couples.
    Private companies perhaps but I would think this amendment would be able to legally prevent the state of Ohio to offer benefits to same sex couples as well as non-married couples.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    And nothing makes a bigot happier than taking the right to the pursuit of happiness away from a fellow countryman.
    C'mon zombie...on the election day thread you said nothing causes more hurt feelings then either gloating or calling the "other side" (those who ideologically disagree) names. Yet I'm seeing some name calling and labels put on those in this country that happen to disagree with the homosexual lifestyle, want to protect/define the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman, and did so at the polls.

Just say you disagree, and lets cut out the name calling on this particular issue.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    C'mon zombie...on the election day thread you said nothing causes more hurt feelings then either gloating or calling the "other side" (those who ideologically disagree) names. Yet I'm seeing some name calling and labels put on those in this country that happen to disagree with the homosexual lifestyle, want to protect/define the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman, and did so at the polls.

Just say you disagree, and lets cut out the name calling on this particular issue.
    You're right. I have to move past my issues as well. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll remove that post.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    You're right. I have to move past my issues as well. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll remove that post.
    No. I am not asking you to remove the post. I have to much respect for you. I've gotten to know you from going to games with you. As an "old fart" you're like that son I'm glad I never had (just kiddin ).

Everyone has a right on this forum to express their opinion. We just need to find a way to move past the labels and name calling, even when we disagree.

And I can point the finger at myself just as much.

The issue of homosexuality has become a touchy and divisive issue in this country. For me, even though I thoroughly disagree with the lifestyle, I have always made it a point to NOT use labels or derogatroy language towards either homosexuals, or those who disagree with me on this issue.

P.S.- and no you can't date my daughter! :allovrjr:
    Last edited by GAC; 11-03-2004 at 10:21 AM.

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

GAC beat me to the punch on this one. I was also going to mention Zombie's comment in post #11 that "Some people are too dumb too learn".

Rare indeed is the conflict of any kind that does not have 2 legitimate sides to it. If any of us are unable to be empathatic, to put ourselves in the other guys shoes in order to better understand his or her stand, we are being myopic and it degrades our own position, imo.

Name calling on either side is unnecessary.

As a Christian, there is one situation/analogy that involved Jesus that I use to apply to alot of issues/situations today, including homosexuality. It was when he confronted the men wanting to stone the prostitute in the Gospel of John, and asked Jesus' input in order to somehow trap him. I put the homosexual or whoever (fill in the blank) in the situation of that woman. It taught me a valuable lesson years ago.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

The GOP could have called this issue the "Get out the Conservative base" Issue, because there was no particular urgency to get it on the ballot in any state. As I said in another thread, this one is Karl Rove's brainchild. Whether you agree with it or whether it stands up in court is beside the point. This was about getting out the vote and for that goal, it seems to have been successful.
    /r/reds

Bob that line is so good that I'm making it my sig if you don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Borkowski
    GAC beat me to the punch on this one. I was also going to mention Zombie's comment in post #11 that "Some people are too dumb too learn".

Rare indeed is the conflict of any kind that does not have 2 legitimate sides to it. If any of us are unable to be empathatic, to put ourselves in the other guys shoes in order to better understand his or her stand, we are being myopic and it degrades our own position, imo.

Name calling on either side is unnecessary.
    Has anyone ever called you wise? If not, I just did.

Quote Originally Posted by letsgojunior
    I agree and was thinking the same thing. Its one of the wisest things ever said on the non-BB forum. Thanks Bob.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Yup - it's so true as well. So many friends and relatives I love voted a different way in this election than I did. But I understand that they have different backgrounds/experiences than me. I really think empathy and understanding should be in full force this morning, but instead all we're getting is hatred, pouting, and gloating. :thumbdown

Has anyone ever called you wise? If not, I just did.

A wiseacre maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by letsgojunior

Wow, I've never been quoted before. Makes me wish I'd spelled 'empathetic' correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    I give it two years before activist judges rule this unconstitutional.
    as well they should.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

:MandJ:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Borkowski
    Wow, I've never been quoted before. Makes me wish I'd spelled 'empathetic' correctly.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Turn Off Ads?