Turn Off Ads?
Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Official 2004 Election Day Thread

Re: Your Official 2004 Election Day Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    CNN is now saying Ohio is now Too Close to Call

Can you say 2000 redux
    You still watching CNN? :mhcky21:
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

94% of Iowa in and Bush up 50% to 49%, and about a 15,000 vote lead. And the lead has been widening.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Im headed to the TV and laying down on the couch, hopefully I wake up to hear Iowa and/or New Mexico called.

Night all.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

And, in Nevada, candidate "None of These" (2,314 votes) is in a heated race for third with Ralph Nader (3,045 votes).

When asked if the candidate would challenge via the court system if he lost such a close battle for third, None of These replied, "Duh? Hey, I don't know what I want, but I sure as HELL don't want to lose to Ralph-freakin'-Nader."
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    Doesn't matter. If Bush doesn't win Ohio, he loses even if he wins N.M., Iowa, AND Nevada.
    Oh, I agree Mike. That is why Kerry's lawyers are heading to Ohio and not N.M., Iowa, or Nevada.

Time is the Revelator.

Later WV! I'm about to do the same...

I can't imagine what the actual candidates feel like throughout all this. Can you imagine the emotional roller coaster John Kerry has gone through today?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

And what does this say about exit pols that earlier in the day said that Kerry was winning/leading pretty much every where?

And it looks like the Repubs are on their way to strengthening their hold on both the House and the Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    I can't imagine what the actual candidates feel like throughout all this. Can you imagine the emotional roller coaster John Kerry has gone through today?
    Do you think Theresa will punch him on the mouth if he loses? :allovrjr:

96% reporting in Ohio and the gap is now 122k.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Ok. To win, Kerry would need to successfully challenge Ohio, and pick up an additional 39 Electoral votes.

He'll get 10 from Minnesota. 17 from Michigan. He'd need Wisconsin (10) and Hawaii (4) to put him over the top. That'd leave him at 272.

Let's give Nevada to Bush (5 EV) as well as Iowa (7) and New Mexico (5). That would put Bush (without Ohio) at 266 Electoral Votes.

That would also leave our heads spinning because the challenges wouldn't stop after Ohio if Kerry's people were successful there. It could literally take months (plural) to sort out.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Drudge is convinced of the outcome.
    /r/reds

Bush's lead has grown in Ohio to 125,000

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

I'm flipping back and forth

Bush appears to have the overall popular vote, 52-47. Kerry appears to be fighting to the last man. Sadly, it doesn't look like will conceed tonight, despite the fact that so far there is no Oregon or Florida with a few thousand vote difference.

This could set a horrible precedent.

Great thread. Looks like 4 more years. Interesting most will be Kerry's response. Ohio seems to be a done deal.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

Turn Off Ads?