Turn Off Ads?
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Your Official 2004 Election Day Thread

Queen Christine

Re: Your Official 2004 Election Day Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Any economist worth his or her salt will tell you that Bush's policies have been a nightmare not only for the manual laborers and manufacturing workers, but also very much for skilled laborers, educated workers. The net job loss is the biggest indicator, but other elements (hiring practices, a whole host of other metrics) are contributing. People simply don't realize how badly the economy is going and how many people in the end his policies are going to effect.

But what I fear most is that the needle will be so buried after the next four years, that any Democratic philosophies brought forth by the Democratic candidate will be simply untenable. The Republicans are going to get their "unfixable system" that arranges the classes more distinctly than they've ever been in this country's history.
    Yup.... And I can't wait!
    BUSH RULES!

2. Turn Off Ads?

You're hateful. I hope you don't find a job.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

You're hateful. I hope you don't find a job.
    Now, is that a nice thing to say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Now, is that a nice thing to say?

Sorry. Have no patience for rednecks. Boot me if you must.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by DunnersGrl44
    All I'm saying is... If Bin Laden wants Kerry in office... that is the last person in the world I want in office. We would be a REALLY big target the minute that Kerry was signed in. I am thrilled. Cause now, I can sit back and relax. Bush is great. and most of America agrees with me
    Roughly 51% of America agrees with you.

..... and we're still a really big target. I don't think that's changed.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Queen Christine

umm... yeah i'm a BIG redneck. Don't be mad cause you voted for a loser. I'm a winner.... and i'm too happy right now to get upset about what you say.

I agree with a handful of your points, but I wholeheartedly disagree with this. The Democratic party needs to find a way to push these people to the margins.
    I think you've pigeon-holed that bloc. White, working-class southern males that I met back in the day when I lived in a southern state weren't terribly conservative. They cared a lot about guns, but I sincerely doubt other social issues mattered all that much to them. What made them a voting bloc was a belief that if they didn't stick together, they stood to get pushed to the back of the line. The Republicans send the "we're with you" message loud and clear, so that's how they vote. They're fearful bunch.

But they'll respond to a brand of politics which promises to leave them alone and they've got a healthy fear of living on the fringes of corporate America. I'm not talking about one-note Bible-thumpers here. I'm talking about a group that's got a range of concerns the Republicans don't particularly address even though they vote Republican.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    This from Zogby regarding their pre-election polls"

"“We feel strongly that our pre-election polls were accurate on virtually every state. Our predictions on many of the key battleground states like Ohio and Florida were within the margin of error. I thought we captured a trend, but apparently that result didn’t materialize.

“We always saw a close race, and a close race is what we’ve got. I’ve called this the Armageddon Election for some time—a closely-divided electorate with high partisan intensity on each side."

Zogby predicted a 311-213 electoral vote win for Kerry, right? And he (Zogby) was the one that lots of people on here were counting on to be accurate.

If you say so. Come back in a couple of days.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

"He was right about trying to appeal to the guy with the confederate flag sticker on his pickup."

I agree with a handful of your points, but I wholeheartedly disagree with this. The Democratic party needs to find a way to push these people to the margins in the way that the small government moderate conservative (I agree with this point particularly--and I have sympathy for their position) has recently been pushed to the margins. There needs to be an ense rescindendum on these people; they're a cancer that needs to be cut out, not courted. The Dems need to sell anger better; they need to control the social dialogue.

Honestly, the Repubs don't have "big ideas." They simply recycle the old "fear and hate" mantras they've been spouting since Nixon. Don't get me wrong, these things work, but they're clearly not "big ideas."

Big Ideas???
    * Yea like gun control will really keep down crime. (Everyone in my area has multiple guns and we have very little problems with crime. That doesn't make any sense... More guns...less crime... How can this be?)
    * Socialized medicine is free and better than what we have.
    * War is almost always the wrong thing to do even if long-term staying still can damage the entire country. In fact the military is the best way to balance the budget. Keep cutting it until you balance the budget... (Clinton did this)
    * More taxes are good. Never mind that Kerry's wife wouldn't release her records because many people believe that she was taking advantage of numerous loopholes that wouldn't be closed by any of the Kerry proposals. Somehow taxing the semi-successful people more who often own small companies and create jobs is better than letting them be rewarded for their risk and hard work.
    * Judges who make no law and are only supposed to interpet the laws on the books should be appointed that will instead legislate from the bench and create laws that don't exist.

Big ideas? Yea I agree these are big ideas but this country doesn't want them and frankly if people really want this then maybe they should look at moving to France. They don't work there and I along with many many other Americans don't think that they will work here....
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

You really make gloating enjoyable.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

LOL

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Kerry giving his concession speech.

One speech by him I WILL watch!

Queen Christine

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    Kerry giving his concession speech.

One speech by him I WILL watch!
    Same here.

I'm not sure if this has already been said, but I do not think that making Kerry sound somehow noble for "not dragging this thing out" and "not taking our country through this again" is a bit much, as the media keeps on saying.

Ah, John Edwards, guess he only has one thing to say "every vote counts"

Turn Off Ads?