Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Official 2004 Election Day Thread

Re: Your Official 2004 Election Day Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    I believe the word you are searching for is catastrophe.
    :gac:

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Democrats are still convinced they are going to win Ohio. I don't know what to mkae of it, but there's still a chance there.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

The latest from AP:

Here are the latest nationwide election returns in the race for president with 61 percent of the nation’s precincts reporting.

Kerry 37,253,931 - 48 percent
    Has won 13 states including the District of Columbia with 188 ev.
    Leads in 7 states with 60 ev.

Bush 39,484,919 - 51 percent
    Has won 24 states with 210 ev.
    Leads in 5 states with 63 ev.

Others 674,320 - 1 percent

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    The Democrats are still convinced they are going to win Ohio. I don't know what to mkae of it, but there's still a chance there.

No way. It just keeps getting worse and worse. It's over.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

If Bush wins this election, it's going to be a somber day on campus tomorrow here in Ann Arbor.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

For some reason, they think the Cuyahoga County area will cut from a 130,000 state lead to a 3,000 lead in a couple of hours. Susan Estridge I think was the one on Fox News telling this. IIRC, Cuyahoga County has already been counted.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The gap still appears to be 130,000 votes in Bush's favor, but Kerry's throttling Bush in Cuyahoga (63% to 37%) with 52% of precincts reporting.

There's ground to be gained, but it's got to happen quickly.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Who is the African-American gentleman on CNN with King and Blitzer? I like this guy.
    I beleive he just said his name was Carlos Watson.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    For some reason, they think the Cuyahoga County area will cut from a 130,000 state lead to a 3,000 lead in a couple of hours. Susan Estridge I think was the one on Fox News telling this. IIRC, Cuyahoga County has already been counted.
    At this time four years ago, we thought Gore had won Florida. It's not over yet.

I beleive he just said his name was Carlos Watson.
    Cool. I only saw him a couple times and once he looked kinda scared to be sitting there with Wolf and King, but he's a likeable guy.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

At this time four years ago, we thought Gore had won Florida. It's not over yet.
    Just saw Steels post about Cuyahoga County, disregard what I said.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    It's literally going to take a miracle for Kerry to win this.
    He can still win it because he has decent leads in Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, New Hampshire, and basically has the west coast as a lock. Bush is short of electorial even if he does take Ohio and Florida, unless I missed something big time...........

Somebody give me a clean answer so I can go to bed please....

Ohio could end up being the Florida of 2004. It's going to come down to the wire and a recount is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty and Joe
    Somebody give me a clean answer so I can go to bed please....

W
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Turn Off Ads?