Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Official 2004 Election Day Thread

Re: Your Official 2004 Election Day Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog
    The non-baseball forum has kept all threads since this site went up.
    I haven't been able to find a thread from January of 2004. I must not be looking in the right place.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Queen Christine

Bush Rocks!

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    I still don't understand why Kerry didn't concede last night. Simple logic would tell you you're not going to make up a 140,000-vote difference in Ohio based on provisional ballots.
    He was probably afraid of having to retract his concession like Gore in 2000. Imagine the hooting that would have resulted from that "flip-flop."
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    I haven't been able to find a thread from January of 2004. I must not be looking in the right place.
    Is this what you were looking for?

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26623

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Nothing sadder than exhibiting "fear" over gay marriage.
    That's your opinion and I respect that. Respect the fact that alot of people within our society, and not simply religious people either, see it differently.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    That's your opinion and I respect that. Respect the fact that alot of people within our society, and not simply religious people either, see it differently.
    It's the "fear" factor that stymies me.

Fear of other peoples ability to commit and love each other is the height of irony IMO.

Bush's votes in 2004-58,527,956
    Bush's votes in 2000-50,456,169

I guess 8 million more people think Bush is doing something right. I honestly think that Hollywood trying to influence the election came back to bite them in the rear.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog
    Actually, it's not. It was a thread started by M2 around the time of the Iowa caucus. I think the title was something like "Kerry just good enough to lose."
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC
    I find it amusing that the 18-24 year old crowd is always considered in the Democrat fold. I hope that there are maybe a lot of young Republicans who voted their conviction in big numbers.
    It's a quantifiable assumption in Ohio, Randy. I saw on one of the nets last night that new voters under 30 in Ohio were exit-polled as voting 60-40 for Kerry. Maybe that goes the opposite way in your state and mine. You are correct that the 40 percent figure still represents a lot of people, but the young tended to lean left. It's dangerous to assume that everyone in your corner of the world is a representative slice of the country as a whole.
    /r/reds

As a Bush supporter, I just want to offer kudos to John Kerry for conceding. I'm not gloating here...I really respect that Kerry is not going to let this continue on and on. My respect level for JK just went up a lot.

Thank you John Kerry...now let's all have an attitude like that and unite as Americans!

Queen Christine

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    Bush's votes in 2004-58,527,956
    Bush's votes in 2000-50,456,169

I guess 8 million more people think Bush is doing something right. I honestly think that Hollywood trying to influence the election came back to bite them in the rear.
    I'm with you on that one. P. Ditty's "Vote or Die" which actually means "Vote Kerry or Die" really didn't do any good and I hope he sits back and thinks about that. I'm glad the youth of America didn't buy into MTV and Ditty's "brainwashing". Not only did Kerry not win, there weren't that many new voters either. Sorry Ditty.... stick to your music

What is a more appropriate voting age for you guys?

Seems to me that if you can fight in a war, you should be able to vote.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

This makes me glad John Edwards wasnt elected. I saw an article where he was trying to convince Kerry to fight it out.

Then again, Kerry really has nothing to lose. Edwards does.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    Actually, it's not. It was a thread started by M2 around the time of the Iowa caucus. I think the title was something like "Kerry just good enough to lose."
    Here it is, I believe.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19707

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    What is a more appropriate voting age for you guys?

Seems to me that if you can fight in a war, you should be able to vote.
    I think if you are over 18 and able and willing to take the time and study the issues without being influenced by somebody, you should be able to vote, regardless of who you vote for. The "Please Dont Vote" link I posted had some truth to it.

21 is a more logical age, but if you are going to call 18 year olds to go into Iraq or Afghanistan, they should be allowed to vote.

Turn Off Ads?