Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Official 2004 Election Day Thread

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Re: Your Official 2004 Election Day Thread

The exit polls, being pushed by CNN, are a crock, as far as I'm concerned.

Look at the numbers

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pag.../epolls.0.html

So you sampled 54% women, and 72% of those said they didn't work. So the largest sample of the polls is stay at home moms. I'm willing to guess that's not a large chunk of America. Just the folks who would be voting early in the morning. And you're calling that scientific. Riiiiight.

2. Turn Off Ads?

It looks like the marriage amendments are passing pretty easily.

As far as the Prez race. there haven't been any surprises. It's gonna come down to Ohio, Michigan, and Florida.

77-74 Kerry. Bush just won S. Carolina.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I've never had to show any ID at the poll. But I could've shown that 95 yr old poll worker a "get out of jail free card" and they wouldn't have known the difference.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

If Slate's exit polls are correct, Kerry will win the election

http://slate.msn.com/id/2109053/

I agree not to trust these. See Florida in 2000.

It'll be interesting though... if Bush wins, it means that a) these exit polls are fraudulent b) Republican voters shy away from the exit pollsters (the whole Nixon "silent majority" thing)
    Stick to your guns.

My second grader came home in tear today because they "voted" at school today (dumb idea). It's good to teach kids about voting, but not a good idea to have kids actually choose someone. As can be expected in Ann Arbor, most of the kids chose Kerry and my daighter chose Bush.

I mentioned in another thread that another kid at school scared my daughter into thinking that we're going to be attacked if John Kerry wins. It was a stupid thing to say, but I haven't been able to get it out of here mind no matter how much I tell her how ridiculous that is and that there's nothing to worry about. She got really down the other night when she overhead me telling my wife that I was pretty sure Kerry was going to win. Again, I had to talk to her about what she was told was a blatant lie. once the seed was planted, it was toug to remove it. Now today with most of the other kids choosing Kerry, she got off the bus in tears. I think we finally have her understanding that nothing is going to change and that everything will be fine.

I like the idea of teaching kids abou voting and about elections, etc... But they should leave it at that.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by letsgojunior
    Obama takes Illinois :gac: :gac: :gac:
    One of my best friends works for Obama - says he is a great guy. I was psyched about him before I found this out (the speech won me over) but now I am super double chocolate cake psyched!!
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Bush 2004
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

I remember back in 4th or 5th grade, I think, I bet a girl in my class $1 that Nixon would win the 72 election. I was a Nixon fan then cause I heard McGovern was going to make us go to school on Saturdays. She never paid up. But we got to do a mock vote then. I thought that was pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Slate: Given the exit polls, Bush "will need a lot of luck" to win

"For those of you doing the math at home, that's a Bush sweep of five states where the exit polls have him trailing, without losing a single state in which he leads. In three of those states, Bush's winning scenario requires the exit polls to be at least two points off. In Wisconsin, it requires the exit polls to be at least three points off."

Read more at: http://slate.msn.com/id/2109079/
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    My second grader came home in tear today because they "voted" at school today (dumb idea). It's good to teach kids about voting, but not a good idea to have kids actually choose someone. As can be expected in Ann Arbor, most of the kids chose Kerry and my daighter chose Bush.

I mentioned in another thread that another kid at school scared my daughter into thinking that we're going to be attacked if John Kerry wins. It was a stupid thing to say, but I haven't been able to get it out of here mind no matter how much I tell her how ridiculous that is and that there's nothing to worry about. She got really down the other night when she overhead me telling my wife that I was pretty sure Kerry was going to win. Again, I had to talk to her about what she was told was a blatant lie. once the seed was planted, it was toug to remove it. Now today with most of the other kids choosing Kerry, she got off the bus in tears. I think we finally have her understanding that nothing is going to change and that everything will be fine.

I like the idea of teaching kids abou voting and about elections, etc... But they should leave it at that.
    Don't ya just hate the mean spirited and partisan bickering between kids? It's so childish! :mhcky21:

Quote Originally Posted by letsgojunior
    Obama takes Illinois :gac: :gac: :gac:
    Oh...you said Ubama! :allovrjr:

Re: Slate: Given the exit polls, Bush "will need a lot of luck" to win

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili
    "For those of you doing the math at home, that's a Bush sweep of five states where the exit polls have him trailing, without losing a single state in which he leads. In three of those states, Bush's winning scenario requires the exit polls to be at least two points off. In Wisconsin, it requires the exit polls to be at least three points off."

Read more at: http://slate.msn.com/id/2109079/
    Yep. Game over as far as I'm concerned.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Re: Slate: Given the exit polls, Bush "will need a lot of luck" to win

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    Yep. Game over as far as I'm concerned.
    For whom? Who wins, sayeth you?
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

CNN is reporting that there are 250,000 absentee ballots in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties that Florida says won't be counted until Thursday.

Can't these people get their act together?

I've been watching CNN's coverage tonight and I can't figure out why in the world Larry King is included in the coverage. The guy asks the dumbest questions.

Also, I've never seen Tucker Carlson look so demure. He looks defeated and doesn't have the same swagger he usually has.

Turn Off Ads?