Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Official 2004 Election Day Thread

Re: Your Official 2004 Election Day Thread

Quote Originally Posted by letsgojunior
    CNN just projected Pennsylvania for Kerry.
    They're acting as if this is some kind of surprise for the Bush camp. Pennsylvania was never up for grabs and I don't think they ever thought they'd win Penn.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

I agree MWM - I never thought it was going to be close. I lived in Pennsylvania for 3 years - it's a pretty liberal place. I think Bush needs to take both Ohio and Florida now to win.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    They're acting as if this is some kind of surprise for the Bush camp. Pennsylvania was never up for grabs and I don't think they ever thought they'd win Penn.
    Exactly, now if Florida and Ohio go in Kerrys favor, color me shocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by letsgojunior
    I heard on CNN that Miami-Dade, Broward, etc are the counties that haven't been counted yet in Florida.

Actually, in Miami-D and Broward, anywhere from 75-85% of the precincts are reporting. And Kerry's got to find nearly 300,000 unanswered votes.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

I'm calling Kerry Ohio, Bush Florida. Which means we've got a long way to go tonight, folks.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    I'm calling Kerry Ohio, Bush Florida. Which means we've got a long way to go tonight, folks.
    Nah. If Kerry wins Ohio, bye bye Dubya. No way can Bush win Wisconsin, Iowa, AND New Mexico, which I believe is what it would take if Bush loses Ohio.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

[php]Ohio, CANDIDATE VOTE TOTAL PERCENT WINNER
    Bush (Rep)* 1482112 52%
    Kerry (Dem) 1368742 48%
    % of precincts reporting: 51

Florida, CANDIDATE VOTE TOTAL PERCENT WINNER
    Bush (Rep)* 3341422 52%
    Kerry (Dem) 3026961 47%
    Nader (RP ) 28560 1%
    % of precincts reporting: 91
    [/php]

I didn't realize Florida had such a high percentage of precincts reported.

Kerry's totals coming out of Cuyhoga County (Cleveland)

> us running about 4 points below the total Gore had four years ago. NBC also reported that there was no change in the percentage of 18-29 year olds that voted today versus four years ago. Just 17% of 18-29 year olds voted which debunks the lofty hype given to the young vote.

It's nip and tuck--don't even glance at the exit polls. Meaningless.

It's gonna be Florida in Ohio by the time this thing's over.

Yeah, but if true, those numbers don't bode well for Kerry.

Like I sid yesterday, it's all about Ohio and Florida.

I'm sure the media doesn't want to make the same mistake twice, but I can't see any way Bush doesn't win Florida at this point. There aren't enough votes to be made up in Broward and Clay Counties, especially when it appears that Bush will chew most of any gain up in Duval.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Just saw on Fox News that the ACLU has filed a lawsuit to extend the deadline until November 12th in Florida so that the absentee ballots that were mailed Saturday can be counted.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    I'm sure the media doesn't want to make the same mistake twice, but I can't see any way Bush doesn't win Florida at this point. There aren't enough votes to be made up in Broward and Clay Counties, especially when it appears that Bush will chew most of any gain up in Duval.
    Has Escambia County been counted yet?

Turn Off Ads?