Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Official 2004 Election Day Thread

Re: Your Official 2004 Election Day Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    Has Escambia County been counted yet?
    99% in Escambia. 66% in Bush's favor.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

2. Turn Off Ads?

ABC seems to be keeping up to date.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/polit...President.html

BTW, here's an excellent link:

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Larry King, "The biggest issue in New York is the stadium, right?"

Response from everyone, "No, no, no. It's not even on the ballot."

:MandJ: :MandJ: :MandJ:
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Somebody give me a clean answer so I can go to bed please....

Quote Originally Posted by Marty and Joe
    Somebody give me a clean answer so I can go to bed please....
    Here's the cleanest answer I can give you:

It appears that Bush wins Florida. With 58% of the precincts reporting in Ohio, Bush has a 130,000 vote lead. If that lead holds, Bush is re-elected.

--Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    Nah. If Kerry wins Ohio, bye bye Dubya. No way can Bush win Wisconsin, Iowa, AND New Mexico, which I believe is what it would take if Bush loses Ohio.
    Where are you putting Florida? It looks like Bush is going to take Florida. If he does then Kerry has to win Ohio and pretty much everything else to get 270.
    DLC11@Insightbb.com

Who is the African-American gentleman on CNN with King and Blitzer? I like this guy.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    Who is the African-American gentleman on CNN with King and Blitzer? I like this guy.
    Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong because the TV's downstairs, but isn't that Ed Bradley?

Edit: Nevermind. Got CBS and CNN confused. The guy is an anchorman for one of their morning shows I guess (at least that's what my wife tells me).

--Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc
    Where are you putting Florida? It looks like Bush is going to take Florida. If he does then Kerry has to win Ohio and pretty much everything else to get 270.
    Well, I didn't realize just how many precincts had reported. I made the mistake of looking at exit polls. plus, I tend to trust Zogby and he had Florida going to Kerry. I wouldn't put it in the Bush column just yet. Crazy things can happen.

But, some of these states are so close, it's impossible to call. These are just hunches. Ohio has been in Kerry's column for most of the last few eeks leadig up to the election. That's why I thought he's wind Ohio. Good chance he still does. It's extremely close there.

With 60.43% of the Ohio vote in: Bush 52.37%, Kerry 46.97%...difference of 180,000 votes...still cant' go to bed....

Man Pills

It's literally going to take a miracle for Kerry to win this.

Of interest to some:

With 58% of precincts reporting:

US Senate- South Dakota-

Tom Daschle: 103,064
    John Thune: 105,099

--Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    It's literally going to take a miracle for Kerry to win this.

I believe the word you are searching for is catastrophe.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Florida to Bush per ABC
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?