Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Official 2004 Election Day Thread

Re: Your Official 2004 Election Day Thread

Wow! Tom Daschle is losing. But it still has a ways to go. I can't say I wouldn't feel sorry to see him go.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

2. Turn Off Ads?

And, as I typed that, Pennington County (South Dakota) just kicked Thune in the nuts.

50% of precincts reporting- 5,747 votes for Daschle. 23 for Thune.

<Edit:> GAH! Now they changed it and Thune's ahead by about 6,500 votes. Stupid cnn.com!
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

84% of the precincts in in Mew Mexico and Bush up 52% to 47%, and Bush's lead is growing.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    I'm watching MSNBC right now at almost 1:20am and there's a lady STILL claiming that there are still thousands of people in line waiting to vote and she wouldn't cede it to Bush yet. I'm not sure why she thinks this, but she said it nonetheless.
    If you look at Ohio's still reporting districts, they are almost exclusively Republican districts. Particularly Districts 1 and 2 which went heavily Republican tonight. I'd expect Bush's lead to slightly grow, if anything... unless there is some serious unforeseen turn of events.

New Mexico looks like it's sealed, and I'm nearly positive will be Bush's as well, soon.

Steel: I've been impressed by Thune's articulation of his views, and was disappointed by his close loss in 2002. However, I see him fleetingly, so you are probably far more familiar with his attributes than I am. So, I'll defer to you on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    And, as I typed that, Pennington County (South Dakota) just kicked Thune in the nuts.

Isn't that where there is a reservation, with a large Native American vote?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD

<Edit:> GAH! Now they changed it and Thune's ahead by about 6,500 votes. Stupid cnn.com!
    Funny, it happens everytime Daschle or Johnson look to be going down.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    Wow! Tom Daschle is losing. But it still has a ways to go. I can't say I wouldn't feel sorry to see him go.
    Me either, I can't stand Daschle....I bet he is really sweating and whining about now.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

I bet Hillary Clinton is dancing a jig.

Well, until the lawsuits come.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Isn't that where there is a reservation, with a large Native American vote?
    No. Lots of buffalo. As reparations to the large Native American population in the state, we give the buffalo one vote each.

No...seriously, that's where Rapid City is located. It's the only pseudo-populated area on the west side of the state.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Ohio has been stuck at 90% for a long time now. Bush lead has increased slightly to 134k.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan
    Me either, I can't stand Daschle....I bet he is really sweating and whining about now.
    I watched him and Geraldine Ferraro on the news earlier today, and they were both screaming about Republican efforts a fraud and suppressing the vote. Yet when pressed by the commentator, they couldn't/wouldn't give any specific examples.

Ken Blackwell says that the provisional ballots in Ohio number about 140,000.

Bush is now up 5,000 in Iowa with 91 percent reporting.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Kerry camp still thinks they can win Ohio it seems.
    Hide your power alleys; Hide your wife

Reported...Kerry is disputing Ohio. His only hope is to pull it out in the provisional vote, and while it is not an impossibility, I find it highly unlikely.

Reported...Kerry is disputing Ohio.
    Per Fox News, they claim 250,000 votes are still out there left to be counted and that could bode well for them.

Turn Off Ads?