Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Official 2004 Election Day Thread

Re: Your Official 2004 Election Day Thread

Where is ever-smiling Democratic operative Susan Estrich? Forum rules prevent me from using the appropriate language to describe this woman, who earlier, and smuggly, said Ohio was in the bag for Kerry.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Time is the Revelator.

Kerry will have to get ... what ... around 60% of the the votes that are left?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    Per Fox News, they claim 250,000 votes are still out there left to be counted and that could bode well for them.
    Yes, but from several districts which have mostly voted about 58-42 Republican tonight. Hard to fathom that they can make up a deficit by any normal means.

90% of Cuyahoga County has reported. Other than that, the only Kerry leaning county is Athens, where OU is located. They've only had 40% reported, but their total votes are only about 14k so far, so I don't know how much they can gain there. Kerry does carry 64% in that county, but I don't think it will make much difference.

My guess is they are placing all their hopes in absentee and provisional votes. Apparently, there are still people in line to vote at 1:30 in the morning.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    Where is ever-smiling Democratic operative Susan Estrich? Forum rules prevent me from using the appropriate language to describe this woman, who earlier, and smuggly, said Ohio was in the bag for Kerry.
    Thats who I was asking MWM about earlier, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    No. Lots of buffalo. As reparations to the large Native American population in the state, we give the buffalo one vote each.

No...seriously, that's where Rapid City is located. It's the only pseudo-populated area on the west side of the state.
    So there is little chance of Daschle getting "buffaloed"? :allovrjr:
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    Thats who I was asking MWM about earlier, thanks
    That woman, with her "gravely voice" drives me nuts. I want to waste my TV whenever she is on.

We should have had a election night chat in the chatroom.

I tried to go to sleep earlier, but just can't.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

BTW - C-Span has great coverage, sorry if this was mentioned earlier
    Map
    http://network.ap.org/dynamic/files/...CTION=POLITICS
    Numbers

I tried to go to sleep earlier, but just can't.
    That's exactly why I haven't gone to bed yet. I know I wouldn't be able to sleep.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    BTW - C-Span has great coverage, sorry if this was mentioned earlier
    Map
    Numbers
    Thanks

I see an awful lot of red on that map. The map looks pretty much the same from the 2000 election.

Time is the Revelator.

:dflynn: Kerry Lawyers getting on planes heading to Ohio.

So there is little chance of Daschle getting "buffaloed"? :allovrjr:
    Nah. If Daschle loses, he has only himself to blame.

And it's not that I dislike John Thune. Could be a great legislator. It's just that the perception is that he was a Republican puppet last time out against Johnson. Got Bush's support, they spent millions of dollars on the guy to get him the name recognition he needed to go up against Daschle. And then Thune wanted nothing to do with Bush this campaign.

To his credit, Thune ran a smart campaign. Now, I didn't say "good" campaign, but smart. The "values" thing does play really well out here in limbo.

But I'm not sure how Thune will play for SD out in Washington.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by LvJ
    :dflynn: :dflynn:
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by LvJ
    Let'em come. Let them try to go head to head with Blackwell, who is 23 out of 23 in lawsuits.

Every vote should count. And IMO, when it's over in Ohio, Bush will still be the winner.

92% in, and Bush has a 102,000 lead.

Turn Off Ads?