Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Official 2004 Election Day Thread

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Re: Your Official 2004 Election Day Thread

I hope South Park pre-empts their new episode tomorrow and airs the kindergarten election instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by LvJ
    :dflynn: Kerry Lawyers getting on planes heading to Ohio.
    Someone better tell them that this isn't Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    Let'em come. Let them try to go head to head with Blackwell, who is 23 out of 23 in lawsuits.

Every vote should count. And IMO, when it's over in Ohio, Bush will still be the winner.

92% in, and Bush has a 102,000 lead.
    Every vote should count, and the lawyers have every right to try and spin whatever they shall spin, but in today's times, we need a clear cut winner with no whinney lawsuits. Heres hoping Bush gets a few more states and puts it to rest the right way.
    Hide your power alleys; Hide your wife

They are saying that for Kerry to overcome Bush's lead in Ohio, it would have to win around 80% of the provisional vote. And that is improbable.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

They are saying that for Kerry to overcome Bush's lead in Ohio, it would have to win around 80% of the provisional vote. And that is improbable.
    It's a huge statistical improbablility. But it gives some hope and thus that small glimmer will be trumpeted loudly.

What makes them think that they will get any bigger % of the pie from the remaining votes than they have all night?

So, whats the new slogan going to be? Last year was Sore Loserman and Bush Cheated(instead of Cheney), whats this years?
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Every vote should count, and the lawyers have every right to try and spin whatever they shall spin, but in today's times, we need a clear cut winner with no whinney lawsuits. Heres hoping Bush gets a few more states and puts it to rest the right way.
    It looks like he'll get N.M., and possibly Iowa. Nevada is neck and neck, but too early in the tabulation to tell. But I think the rest will go Kerry IMO.

They're saying provisional ballots are investigated individually and some take up to an hour. My wife filled out a provisional ballot for Michigan. They told here there's no way to know if it will end up counting or not. they gave her a number to call to follow up.

I hope this doesn't drag out and in the courts.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

It looks like he'll get N.M., and possibly Iowa. Nevada is neck and neck, but too early in the tabulation to tell. But I think the rest will go Kerry IMO.
    Most of Nevada's early voting was Clark County(Vegas). I think we all know how that went.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan
    What makes them think that they will get any bigger % of the pie from the remaining votes than they have all night?
    The Fox political analysts don't think Kerry will. They stated/presented the above to show that that scenario is very,very unlikely.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

CNN is now saying Ohio is now Too Close to Call

Can you say 2000 redux

Well, it appears that Iowa is going Bush's way. 7 EV there. New Mexico is another 5. Nevada's way too close to call as is Wisconsin. They represent 15 EV between them. For Bush to take it without worrying about Ohio, he'd need to win Wisconsin in addition to expected wins in Iowa (good call Stormy), and New Mexico. Nevada won't get it done.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    Most of Nevada's early voting was Clark County(Vegas). I think we all know how that went.
    The suburbs around there though, where all those evil "rich people" live, usually vote Repub, while the city itself goes Dem.

Doesn't matter. If Bush doesn't win Ohio, he loses even if he wins N.M., Iowa, AND Nevada.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?