Turn Off Ads?
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

Thread: Your Official 2004 Election Day Thread

Re: Your Official 2004 Election Day Thread

Would you all just step back for a minute and think about what you're saying? This is truly sad. We're all supposed to be adults here, instead this has degenerated into a playground fight.

Bush is president. I'm happy for those who support him and his policies, and feel sympathetic towards those who support Kerry and his policies.

This is America, so we all have the right to throw a hissy fit if we want to, but I'd rather spend my time doing something more productive.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed
    I guess I'm immoral and unethical then. Good to know.

Regardless, I just wanted to pop in here and say congratulations to Bush. I didn't vote for him, but I do wish him the best of luck over the next four years.
    Rosie,
    Lincoln should be turning over in his grave.

You are a better person than me.

Just finished watching Kerrys concession speech. I believe the guy is an American first and a Democrat second. I thought Edwards was going to announce that they were going to keep fighting when it first started.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Regardless of whether Red Blooded American steps down as moderator or not (after his comments here, I would definitely say he at least needs to from THIS forum), it's not going to give him a free pass to dole out the insults I've seen within the past hour. We will be dealing with the people who were guilty of breaking the board's rules appropriately - and immediately. Let that be the one and only warning that this sort of thing will absolutely not be tolerated.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    Just finished watching Kerrys concession speech. I believe the guy is an American first and a Democrat second. I thought Edwards was going to announce that they were going to keep fighting when it first started.
    I agree. I'm not a Kerry supporter, but his consession speech was excellent. Very heart felt, and he bowed out with dignity. Kudos.

Why is it we always see a softer, more personable, more likeable candidate after they've lost?

LGJ, you're right. Things will settle down in a day or two.

I can't escape these conversations around work today either.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio
    Why is it we always see a softer, more personable, more likeable candidate after they've lost?
    Because they arent putting on a show for the public, and this is speaking of both parties.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio
    Perhaps they let their guard down for a minute and forget about the political implications of every word they say after all is said and done.

This thread has run its course. Just as America is divided, so is RedsZone. For better or worse...

PS: I have no problem with new threads popping up re: the election or the future of America, etc, etc...but let's try and keep it civil.

Republicans: preserve your class and don't rub other's noses in it

Dems: it's over, let the victors have their day

Everyone: remember we're all in this together

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    Because they arent putting on a show for the public, and this is speaking of both parties.
    yep, see Bob Dole

Turn Off Ads?