Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Official 2004 Election Day Thread

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Re: Your Official 2004 Election Day Thread

Voted at 2pm,usually no problem parking. Lot was full this time. No line but definately looks like a larger turnout. Which is good methinks.

Being a bit of a cut-up and a fairly large man,I decided to have some fun. I swagger up to the table and say "I heard there were some Democrats down here that want to 'rassle!" The whole place goes silent and I thought the elderly ladies working the table were going to stroke. Finally the older fella sitting there chimes in with "Just for that wiseass,I'm gonna have to see your drivers license." He got a kick out of it but I think I traumatized the older ladies.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

2. Turn Off Ads?

17:12:21 ET // UPDATE: Exit poll mania spread through media and campaign circles Tuesday evening after exit data from big media sources claimed Kerry competitive in key states.... FL Kerry +1 PA Kerry+2-4 OH Kerry+1 WI Kerry+4 MI Kerry+2 NH Kerry +4
    "People that frequent Internet forums resemble the cast of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest!" - C. J. Cregg, The West Wing

Love the signature line guernsey.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by letsgojunior
    M2,

Not to speak for Randy, but I'm also in NC and I haven't seen Edwards on the news a lot in the triangle area (though I've been watching CNN today). What I did see when I went to vote was a ton of college aged types voting. I think maybe that explains some of the exit polls.
    Edwards approval ratings in NC are in the hole so much that he didnt seek re-election. There is a reason why North Carolina has been favoring Bush the last several months.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    Edwards approval ratings in NC are in the hole so much that he didnt seek re-election. There is a reason why North Carolina has been favoring Bush the last several months.

North Carolina almost always goes red. Last election Bush won it by something like 13%. I was simply speaking regarding the exit polls that had it at 51-49%. That's A LOT closer than most people expected. All the analysts/news reporters had it, as M2 stated, solid red.

I'm actually surprised they don't ask to see everyone's ID.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

He didn't seek re-election because he's on the presidential ticket, prior to that he was running for president.

Quote Originally Posted by letsgojunior

North Carolina almost always goes red. Last election Bush won it by something like 13%. I was simply speaking regarding the exit polls that had it at 51-49%. That's A LOT closer than most people expected. All the analysts/news reporters had it, as M2 stated, solid red.
    I was referring to people saying Edwards would carry the south for Kerry. Maybe notsomuch on the board, but throughout the media(or that was the general consensus when he was selected).

Edwards political life is on the line tonight. Kerry can at least go back to the Senate.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    He didn't seek re-election because he's on the presidential ticket, prior to that he was running for president.
    That never stopped Joe Lieberman last year

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Regardless of whether it's a good idea to see some form of ID, have you ever been asked to show it at a polling site? In 20 years of voting no one's ever made that request to me.

So why should someone else be required to do something that I'm not?
    In Arizona every time I've voted i've been required to show some form of ID.

They also verified my signature when I "signed in" that it matched my driver's license. Happens every time.

Wasn't asked once to show ID when I voted today.

That never stopped Joe Lieberman last year
    Don't get me started on Joe Lieberman. I still say the Dems should trade him for Linc Chaffee.

Future Reds All Star

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    I'm actually surprised they don't ask to see everyone's ID.
    They did when we were there. Strange! You had to give your voter identification card or ID...or both if you had both.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    In Arizona every time I've voted i've been required to show some form of ID.

They also verified my signature when I "signed in" that it matched my driver's license. Happens every time.
    Must be different states have different regs. I've voted in MA, CT and VA. Never been asked. I don't have a problem with asking for ID if you ask everyone for it, but targeting districts based on their political/ethnic/racial mix strikes me as repugnant.

When I voted today, I didn't have to show them anything. No license, no voter registration card, nada. I gave them my name, and that was it. They didn't even ask me for my address.

Turn Off Ads?