Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top 10 Saturday Night Live Characters of All Time

Re: Top 10 Saturday Night Live Characters of All Time

My favorite skit was Celebrity Jeoprady. Sean Connery vs. Alex Trebek kills me every time.
    Ape Tit for 400

Trebek-This is the sound a dog makes.
    Connery-ruff, just the way your mother likes it, Trebek.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo
    Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer.
    You beat me to it, Rojo. One of the funniest Phil Hartman characters EVER...

Honorable Mention:
    Billy Joel (Horatio Sanz) driving girls to a party in the Hamptons
    Toonces the driving cat (played by himself)
    Frank Sinatra (Phil Hartman) on his talk show with Steve & Edie (Mike Myers & Sheri Oteri?), Billy Idol (Sting) and Sinead O'Connor (Jan Hooks)

LOL!!! Frank kept calling Sinead "Sine-Aid" and "Uncle Fester"..."I look at you, and I think fourteen ball--side pocket."
    Last edited by Blimpie; 04-04-2005 at 01:19 PM.

Tom Hanks and Jon Lovitz as the two losers watching women continually blow them off.

"Here she comes... and there she goes."

"She was so disgusted with my appearance that she almost puked."

"She found us utterly repelant."

Too, Hanks' character with the short term memory problem. That was good, but the best of all time has to be Lovitz's Master Thespian.

BRILLIANT!"

http://www.rateitall.com/t-1030-snl-skits.aspx

I always liked the english dandies in the powdered wigs back inthe 80's... they would coo and patter and one would almost faint.

That of course was when the show was pretty bad IIRC.

I always liked the New Shimmer couple- Ackroyd and Curtain (I think). "It's a floor wax- and a dessert topping." "Mmm, it's delicious. And look at that shine!"

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    Wasn't that a parody of the Billy Goat Tavern in Chicago?
    Yep.

'Cheeseburger' Cook Has Died

Bill Charuchas, one of the employees at the Billy Goat Tavern who exchanged shouts of "cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger" with the owner for nearly four decades, passed away on October 23, reports the A.P. At age 75, he died of a gall bladder infection in his former hometown in Greece.

"SNL" lampooned the "cheeseburger" catchphrase in the late 1970's in a series of Olympian Restaurant sketches that starred John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd, and Bill Murray.

Charuchas and late owner William "Billy Goat" Sianis amused lunchtime crowds that often included movie stars and politicians, former President George Bush and original "SNL" cast member Belushi among them.
    GL

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    Wasn't that a parody of the Billy Goat Tavern in Chicago?
    Ah, yes. The Billy Goat. I spent many a lunch hour there when I worked in the Loop. The current owner, (Sam Sianis?) still goes down the line and yells out "Cheezborgor!" as people order. He's a really personable and funny guy too.

Of course at the real Billy Goat, its "No Pepsi, Coke!" Of course some patrons choose the harder stuff available at the bar (Old Style).

Sad to hear that the original cook died.

Turn Off Ads?