Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Five Least Favorite Reds Of All Time

Re: Five Least Favorite Reds Of All Time

Add Mahler to my list. Big timed me at Reds Baseball Heaven, and I'm not really sure why he was even there. Guess they needed filler, or maybe he was representing Reds Baseball Hell. Acted as ugly as he looked.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Thanks! It was Robinson, I should have never forgot his name. Right when I saw it I knew it was Ron Robinson.

I'll submit the following six from an older......errrr....I mean more mature perspective.

Rocky Bridges - Because he was brought in to take Grady's 2B job. Also because we gave up Joe Adcock to get him.

Milt Pappas, Jack Baldschun, and Dick Simpson - The "has been", the "never was" and the "never will be" we got for Frank Robinson. And they had the gall to give Robby's No. 20 to Simpson.

Woody Fryman and Dale Murray (I think) - The roster filler we got for Tony Perez.

Pappas was especially galling to me. One night at Crosley Field we were seated behind home plate. Freebies left for us by Larry Dierker who had played in the lower minors with a friend. Anyway Pappas, the Red's starter was bombed and yanked in the first inning. It wasn't five minutes (I doubt he even showered) before he was in deep conversation with Marvin Miller a couple rows in front of us showing no interest at all in the on field activity. I believe to this day that he tanked his start so he could discuss union business with Miller. Then again.....I could be wrong.

Pete Rose - for breaking the unbreakable rule, and then lying about it for years.

Kevin Mitchell - for quitting on a team late in the season when they had a shot at the playoffs.

Kal Daniels - for wasting his talent.

Curtis Goodwin - hit the ball on the ground and run, dumba$$, not in the air and flyout.

Marge Schott - for missing the opportunity to have the Reds stadium built first, and for dang near running the team into bankruptcy.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Took me 3 seconds to come up with this list.

1. Michael Tucker- What an absolute JERK

2. Joey Hamilton- I saw Adam Dunn nearly throw him CLEAR across the clubhouse once.

3. Rob Bell- What a whiney, pompass, punk.

4. Tom Browning- Gosh, where do you start with Mr. Jekyl and Hyde.

5. Rick Stowe/Chris Brown- Rick is a classless, hillbilly snake and Chris Brown is and was just lazy.

I could go on but then I would only be boasting!! :MandJ:

Easily my favorite Red was Barry Larkin. Always treated me with a great deal of respect. Very kind man.
    Last edited by Team Clark; 11-26-2004 at 10:37 PM.

I agree about Browning, he really had a darkside to him.

AD threw Joey Hamilton across the clubhouse? I would LOVE to have seen that :gac:

Other would be Dante, good ole Dante :

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis
    I agree about Browning, he really had a darkside to him.

AD threw Joey Hamilton across the clubhouse? I would LOVE to have seen that :gac:

Other would be Dante, good ole Dante :

I've spoken with Tom Browning a number of times, and he's never been anything but decent and kind. And I was 19 years old when I met the guy the first time, so it wasn't like I was a kid he "had" to be nice to. He went to a country club near where a friend of mine lived. A gentleman in my book.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Hamilton almost made it across...almost.

I keep hearing people bash Dante. What a good guy. He took me to dinner in St. Louis one time. We had a blast and I returned the favor when we returned to Cincy. His kids are really big into Tennis. Granted he was a poor outfielder in his later years, he had a phenomenal arm and he could hit.

Falls City... Tom can be that guy. No question. I like THAT Tom Browning. Then there is "Mr. PERFECT" Tom Browning. Not someone you want to be around. You never know which Tom you are going to get. I spent two months with him and I had seen enough. We all have our good and bad but Tom takes this to an extreme.

Ken Sr. told me one time to be careful of Tom. I asked why and he said to me "Give it a week and you won't need to ask". Boy was he right.

Chris Brown is and was just lazy.

Drives a truck in Iraq for Haliburtan.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark

I keep hearing people bash Dante. What a good guy. He took me to dinner in St. Louis one time. We had a blast and I returned the favor when we returned to Cincy. His kids are really big into Tennis. Granted he was a poor outfielder in his later years, he had a phenomenal arm and he could hit.
    Thanks for the inside perspective, Team Clark.
    Dante is one of my wife's all time favorites. When we lived in Chicago, my wife the Cubs fan scored us some bleacher seats for one of the Reds' series. We sat in right field because my wife and her friends were Sosa fans. Anyway, the bleacher bums were getting on Dante, singing "Dante's got a big butt!" (to the tune of "nya nya - nya nya - NYA nya" of playground taunt fame). Instead of ignoring the bums or getting ticked off, Dante started wiggling his ample behind in time with the taunts. At one point, he even did a little dance. It was at that point that my wife really started to like the Reds, and Dante Bichette in particular.

Took me 3 seconds to come up with this list.

1. Michael Tucker- What an absolute JERK

2. Joey Hamilton- I saw Adam Dunn nearly throw him CLEAR across the clubhouse once.

3. Rob Bell- What a whiney, pompass, punk.

4. Tom Browning- Gosh, where do you start with Mr. Jekyl and Hyde.

5. Rick Stowe/Chris Brown- Rick is a classless, hillbilly snake and Chris Brown is and was just lazy.

I could go on but then I would only be boasting!! :MandJ:

Easily my favorite Red was Barry Larkin. Always treated me with a great deal of respect. Very kind man.
    Clark -- I'm new, so please fill me in. How did you have access to the clubhouse? Did you have a media credential?

I don't really care about the personalities of the players, so I am basing my list on those who disappointed me the most with their lack of production:

1. Willie Greene
    2. Kal Daniels
    3. Jack Armstrong
    4. Ryan Dempster
    5. Alex Trevino (because he was the key scrub in the George Foster trade)

Dante Bichette's production in his lone season with the Reds was disappointing, particularly in the field, but he always seemed to me to be giving all he had and to be a decent guy as well, so he didn't make my list of least favorite Reds. It is the guys who just quit on the team, such as Woodie Fryman and Bobby Tolan, that I don't care for, or the guys who were half nuts such as Rob Dibble and Alex Johnson.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Thread Killer

Kal Daniels-all that talent.....
    Brett Tomko- couldn't put it together
    Pete Rose-the scars run deep
    Deion-twice wasn't enough?
    JD Drew-not a Red, but MAN I hate that guy!

Turn Off Ads?