Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Five Least Favorite Reds Of All Time

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Re: Five Least Favorite Reds Of All Time

Brad Gulden belongs on that list. Although I never me the guy, his clubhouse lore is one of a real stuck up jerk.

2. Turn Off Ads?

no mention of chris stynes? I recall jerk stories from him, just don't remember if they were with the reds or not.

Danny "over rated" Graves
    Roberto Kelly
    Tracy Jones "then and now"
    Ed Tallbensees sp?
    Gapper
    Don't smoke'em if you got'em

Forgot about Greg Vaughn. Add him to my list. Heard some really bad things about the "supposed leader" at Reds Baseball Heaven.

This is in order from most least favorite to least least favorite. Yeah.
    1. Deion Sanders
    2. Carl Lindner - here's hoping he sees this
    3. Cesar Hernandez (He jumps to number 2 because, to my surprise, nobody else has mentioned him yet. Have you forgotten that dropped fly ball at Wrigley in May 1993? That was the turning point in a truly hellish season.)
    4. Rob Dibble
    5. Kal Daniels - (I wanted so much to like him, but I'll never forget the time in 1988 when, once the Reds were eliminated, he said he didn't see the point in playing the rest of the season.)

Honorable mention goes to Ted Power and Rick Mahler

Stat geek...and proud

Wow, I remember Cesar Hernandez!!! I remember Marty trying to dipliimatically say "hey this guy sucks," on the air without actually saying it. I think he got released right after that fateful game when he dropped the ball, actually.

My others:
    Deion
    Terry Francona
    Roberto Kelly (only because we traded Paulie for him)
    Brandon Larson
    Scott Scudder(he was supposed to be a prospect?)

1.Ray Knight... Awful manager and he hit Eric Davis while big Eric Gregg had him in a bear hug.
    2.Jimmy Haynes... the guy just threw batting practice.
    3.Jason Larue... just an absolute horrible defensive catcher and lets face he's not exactly Johnny Bench in the batters box.
    4.Pete Rose... great player/horrible person
    5.Ryan Freel... he will eventually hurt someone with his "hustle", i call it being a hot dog!

Here's some of my all-time NON-favorite Cincinnati Reds' players.

Cesar Cedeno ... Threw a temper tantrum on the plane at the Chicago airport when he realized he wasn't being given a first class seat. Made a total jerk of himself and flew back to Cincinnati on a different plane.

Woodie Fryman ... I remember him stinking up the joint as a Red in 1977 and going home. What's up with that?

Tom Browning ... I think about all the gopher balls he threw in his career when I hear about his perfect game.

Bip Roberts ... Big mouth little punk.

Dennis Rasmussen ... I remember sitting in the first-base side blue seats at Riverfront Stadium while watching him take another shellacking. When he was eventually pulled from the game and was walking toward the first base dugout, I stood and yelled, "You STINK!!!!"

Mario Soto ... He and Gary Nolan threw some of the best change-ups ever thrown in the big leagues, but......
    I remember watching a Reds/Cubs game on WGN while living in New Orleans in 1983 or 84. Soto became unglued and was trying to take a bat into the stands at Wrigley Field. He totally embarrassed me as a Reds fan and as a baseball fan.
    Last edited by LINEDRIVER; 11-30-2004 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia
    5.Ryan Freel... he will eventually hurt someone with his "hustle", i call it being a hot dog!
    Why you gotta go breakin' my heart like that?
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

I never liked Noodles Hahn...something about him just pissed me off

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    I've spoken with Tom Browning a number of times, and he's never been anything but decent and kind. And I was 19 years old when I met the guy the first time, so it wasn't like I was a kid he "had" to be nice to. He went to a country club near where a friend of mine lived. A gentleman in my book.
    I was approximately 12-14 years old in Brownings rookie year. My younger brother and I ran into him, and he spent about 15 minutes talking to us and he signed for us. Made a good impression on me. Plus, doesn't the dude have like 9 kids? Maybe when you get to know him better, he's a jerk, but he made a good impression on me
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Kal daniels
    jim kern

I personally know Woody Fryman and he is a real good person. His youngest son is a jerk. Talked to him last year and he thought the 75 76 reds were the best team he had ever played against. I think in 77 there was a lot of turmoil in the clubhouse between other players and he had just had enough.
    (Bench and Rose)
    Am I a five tooler?

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    Why you gotta go breakin' my heart like that?
    I know!! That made me so sad!!!
    BARRY LARKIN
    "You made me hope for something better
    And made me reach for something more"

"Love is doing all the little things that don't show up in the box score."

1. Deion Sanders

Why JimBo felt the need to bring him in the first time, I'll never know, let alone bringing the Scooter Riding, Security Guard hitting non-onbase machine back two more times is a mystery that will last a lifetime.

2. Pete Rose

Gives us degenerate gamblers a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard
    Kal daniels
    jim kern

I personally know Woody Fryman and he is a real good person. I think in 77 there was a lot of turmoil in the clubhouse between other players and he had just had enough.
    (Bench and Rose)
    I don't care how frustrated he was, you don't quit on your team. I was a 13 year old kid in 1977, and remember well the 5-5 record with a 5.30+ ERA (unheard of in that era) Fryman posted. He had been yanked from the rotation, and decided to tend to his tobacco crop in Ewing, KY. It is a painful memory that we traded a HOF'er and the heart & soul of our team for a pitcher with a career losing record and a quitter to boot.

Turn Off Ads?