Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have a tattoo?

Do you have a tattoo?

I made this deal with my girlfriend that when we both can afford it we'll go and get a tattoo together. I really have no idea what I'd get. I have some ideas, and she seems to thing I should go with an armband, but I'm polling people who have tattoos to see what they've had done, or what tattoos they've seen that look pretty cool.

My ideas would be to get my family crest or family symbol done, or the Punisher symbol. Something like that, but I'm not 100% sure what I like.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Do you have a tattoo?

Oh good a chance to use one of my favorite lines.

If I had a single rose tattooed on my butt when I was young and firm, it would be an entire bouquet by now.

Just a couple things to consider when getting one. Put it someplace where it can be covered up if you want to go on a really important job interview. And get something that will look okay when it sags. Cause it will sag.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

I bought a Reds logo temporary tattoo at the Party Source once. I used one or two and gave the other two to my niece and nephew last summer. Boy, they loved them. But any permanant ones? Not on this bod. Not that I disapprove of them but I just never felt the need to get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

He does (but its a little one) :mhcky21: ....

"In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I predict that tattoo removal will be a growth industry for the next two decades.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Yes.

I have Milo (from the Descendents) behind my left ear and the Super Mario Brothers "1-Up" mushroom.... somewhere else.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

One of my sisters has a tattoo - don't know about the other two. Anyhoo, it's a sort of "barbwire" design that only goes around 2/3rds of her left bicep (she couldn't stand the pain). My Dad, even tho' he was in the Navy for 20 years, never got a tattoo. I ask him why once and his reply was that he didn't need to advertise - IMO there were probably other reasons like pain and infection - but it was a interesting take.

I also agree with Creek about her points - tho' tattoos are becoming more commonplace, it is still looked upon as a fashion no-no. I'd also be vary because your taking this on with a girlfriend. If, if you break up will this tattoo be a reminder of your love for her and how will other women feel about it? I personally wouldn't care but some girlfriends (and for women that have a tattoo done with a certain boyfriend, new boyfriends) have an issue with it.
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I have a tattoo of a Marine bulldog on my upper left thigh. When I was in high school me and my buddies thought it would be cool to go get a tattoo one night our senior year. They all had ideas and pre-drawn pictures of what they wanted. Me? I was just clueless, so I picked it out when we went. I don't really ever look at it anymore. My 5 year old likes it, though. He thinks it makes me tough. :MandJ:
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Get a spongebob tattoo.

:gac:

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    Get a spongebob tattoo.

:gac:

eeeewwww
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Has anyone ever seen an old person with a good looking tattoo? They always ended up all blurred, you can't read the writing, not good. Personally I've never cared for them, to me they're just clutter. I've really grown tired of the design on the small of the back that every girl and her sister has, it's become so cliche.

I have a tattoo, and I love it. Got it about 9 years ago. It's of a sun, and inside the circle of the sun is a moon and stars. It's on my umm ... chest. Pretty much only shows if I wear a bathing suit or a shirt that is extremely low-cut. (And just so Creek doesn't worry, I'll say it's high enough up that it's not going to really sag. )

I've been ready for years to get another one, but haven't got around to it yet. I know exactly what I want (involves more moons and stars, because I am fascinated with the moon), but I'm not sure where to put it on my body. I'm thinking the base of my neck/top of my back area.

How I decided to get my first tattoo: In college, we bought a bunch of temporary tattoos for a party we were going to. I put one on my chest, loved it, and decided to go get a real one. The next day, I went back to the store and bought another temporary tattoo, took it to a tattoo artist and said "I want it like this, with these changes." My only regret is I had him scale down the size ... now I wish it were bigger.

Yes, I have one.

It is on my back with an arrow pointing south, and it says "enter here" - reason number 483 why you should never do drugs!!
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed
    I have a tattoo, and I love it. Got it about 9 years ago. It's of a sun, and inside the circle of the sun is a moon and stars. It's on my umm ... chest. Pretty much only shows if I wear a bathing suit or a shirt that is extremely low-cut. (And just so Creek doesn't worry, I'll say it's high enough up that it's not going to really sag. )
    I don't understand. Can you post a picture ..umm, I mean PM me a picture of it so I get a better idea of what you're describing? :mhcky21: :
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar

this is the tatoo I want to get, maybe on my arm, or on my upper back..

Turn Off Ads?