Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have a tattoo?

Re: Do you have a tattoo?

If there was a public stock available for a tatoo removal company, I'd invest all my money in it. It would be worth a fortune 20 years from now. I actually don't mind tatoos, but I've always been afraid to do things where there's no way to reverse it. I think the day will come when tatoo removal will be a very lucrative business.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Has anyone ever seen an old person with a good looking tattoo?
    Has anyone seen an old person that looks good without one?

I'll look bad when I'm old because I'll be old, not because I have a tattoo. Creek's observation sounds good, but my butt is going to look bad when I'm 65, whether I have a tattoo on it or not.

It's not like you'll be sitting at the nursing home going, "Man, if only I didn't have that tattoo, I'd look great."

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    If there was a public stock available for a tatoo removal company, I'd invest all my money in it. It would be worth a fortune 20 years from now. I actually don't mind tatoos, but I've always been afraid to do things where there's no way to reverse it. I think the day will come when tatoo removal will be a very lucrative business.
    This is exactly why I'd never even consider getting one.

My dad got one when he was much younger and had it "grinded" off once he got old enough that he didn't like what it looked like. The scar left wasn't pretty.

It's not like you'll be sitting at the nursing home going, "Man, if only I didn't have that tattoo, I'd look great."
    No, you'll be sitting in the nursing home going, "What the hell was I thinking when I was young?"
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    No, you'll be sitting in the nursing home going, "What the hell was I thinking when I was young?"
    Most of us will think that tatoo or not.

I have 5, with more to come. All of them mark important times in my life and I will never regret getting any of them. And the "tramp stamp" comment was overboard y'all. I tend to think the right tat in the right spot on a woman is sexy. To each their own. Do not judge lest ye be judged.

And the "tramp stamp" comment was overboard y'all.
    Sorry about that. No offense intended.

But that *is* what people are calling those tatoos women get in the small of their backs.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

But that *is* what people are calling those tatoos women get in the small of their backs.
    Yep.. I've heard it too.

I'm going to a wedding on the Cape this summer, the bride had a big ole tatoo of Alice talking to the Caterpiller whilst he smokes his hookah, right on the back of her shoulder.

So much for a backless gown.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

I can see that, I have heard them called "butt hats".

GL

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    Has anyone seen an old person that looks good without one?
    Ann Margret and Sophia Loren come to mind. I know a lady in her early 50's that is flat out smoking hot, could pass for hot mid 30's.

I guess it depends on what "old" is. I haven't seen too many hot 80 year olds lately.

<SNL> There goes a blue-haired beauty.</SNL>

GL

Doesn't change the fact that it's a mean-spirited and derogatory thing to say.

Not calling you out here; it's just another example of how, even in today's society, we still belittle and mock those who are different than ourselves.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Evidently the removal process is extremely painful.

A manager that I work with in Philly has a tat of a 6 pointed star on the back of his shoulder... after his son started asking what it was he decided to have it removed.

His statement was along the lines of "never experienced this much pain for this long a period' He said just as the pain is subsiding, it's time to go for another treatment.

Doesn't change the fact that it's a mean-spirited and derogatory thing to say.

Not calling you out here; it's just another example of how, even in today's society, we still belittle and mock those who are different than ourselves.
    I must be losing my PC sensibilities. I thought "tramp" was a fairly innocuous label, especially compared to the wide variety of vulgar derogatory terms that people use to refer to women.

Again, I apologize. I certainly wasn't directing the comment at anyone -- I was just pointing out the term that people use.

I must be losing my PC sensibilities. I thought "tramp" was a fairly innocuous label, especially compared to the wide variety of vulgar derogatory terms that people use to refer to women.

Again, I apologize. I certainly wasn't directing the comment at anyone -- I was just pointing out the term that people use.
    To this woman, "tramp" is not a fairly innocuous label. It's pretty much right up there with ****. I can't come up with an example of when using the word "tramp" in refernce to a woman wouldn't be derogatory.

Not to mention that, in this case, there doesn't appear to be a similar term for men who have tattoos on their back, or on the lower part of their stomach, or wherever.

Anyway, I was just surprised by the term, and surprised it showed up here. I've never heard it before.

I have my UC bearclaw on my left shoulder...
    :dancingco (don't know if that smilie is appropriate but it's my favorite one)

Turn Off Ads?