Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I'm done with fantasy football

I'm done with fantasy football

I can't handle something I have so litte control over. My team has been pretty close to the top of my league almost the whole season. I've been so incredibly unlucky the last three weeks, I'm beginning to wonder what I did to upset the football gods.

Last week, if Ashley Lelie doesn't get tripped up by the ankle on the 3 yard line, I win that game and clinch a playoff spot. That's just one example from last week.

This week, I had a huge week on the afternoon games and still had Jake Plummer and Ryan Longwell going in the late games. Plummer gets me NEGATIVE points after averaging 27 points the las month. then, the Eagles destroy the Packers by such a lrage margin that kicking field goals wasn't an option.

The guy I was up against this week was down 34 points (that's ALOT in our league) going into tonight's game and he had Matt Hasselbeck going. Hasselbeck scores the most fantasy points he's ever scored and I lose by 3 freaking points. Our league gives negative 3 points for interceptions. Plummer had 4 yesterday with the last one coming with just a couple of minutes left. So ultimately, I lost by an ankle tackle last week and a silly interception this week. Now I'm in a situation where I have to win this next week or I'm done. If I would have won either game, I'm in.

One other thing. Four teams put in a waiver claim this week for Nick Goings. Our leaugue is such that it's a random process to see who gets these pick-ups. In the original email sent out by the commissioner, I wasn't inluded on the list of teams looking to pick him up. I responded that I had sent an emil earlier and should be on the list. Well, I ended up getting him and started him. I just happened to go into the website 15 minutes before the games started and realized I had him. I took Kevin jones out of the lineup who hadn't done anything all year and started Goings. Goings did well, but Jones went off and ouscored Goings by 5 points. Yep, I would have won if I wouldn't have gotten Goings off waivers.

I hate not being in control. This might just be my last fantasy football year.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I'm done with fantasy football

to give you a different spin. i had holmes and smith out with injuries. it came down to me needing a last second pickup and i choose larry johnson. he was a backup to priest holme's backup blaylock but he was all that was basically left. did larry johnson blow up or what. thats what i like about fantasy football. you never know what will happen week to week no matter what players you have or play. this is my first year playing and i have no idea why i waited so long to join a league. also its made having the sunday nfl ticket much more entertaining and worth the money.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

I've had mixed results myself. My "team 'o' studs" is hovering just below .500 in one league, while my Redzone League II team that I thought was destined for the dungeon has somehow miraculously held on to first place most of the year, even with my current two game losing streak.

How's this for consistency, in one league I'm 10-3, in the other I'm 2-11. Crazy game.

Hasselbeck beat me this week too, and also prevented me from clinching a playoff spot. I had Marc Bulger, who was knocked out after 4 pass attempts. My problem is that I can only start one running back per week, and despite playing the best matchups with Droughns, McGahee and Chris Brown I always get burned using the wrong guy. Now I have to beat the guy with Peyton Manning to get in. I love the head to head aspect of Fantasy Football, but Rotisserie Baseball is best because it is every day and you don't get caught sitting the wrong guys.

Yeah yeah...you guys have it rough (BTW, there's no crying in Fantasy Football).

Two seasons ago, I was tied with the top point-scoring team in the league in our head-to-head league going into the final week of the season. After the last game (no playoffs) of the season, Sandbox noted that she lost to her opponent by two points. Being that I won that week, I took the title with the best head-to-head record.

Or so I thought...

The next day, they reversed the loss for the other team. Seems that Marshall Faulk got credit for a fumble recovery but because he recovered his teammate's fumble, they reversed it- which reversed the win and lost me the season title.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

That's right, there's no crying in fantasy football.

I've scored the most points in my league, but am currently in 3rd place, 2 games behind 3rd place. Even worse, the perons in 2nd place has scored the 5th most points.

Arghhh!!!

At least I'm locked into the playoffs & the guy tied w/ me for 3rd is facing the team who has scored the 2nd most points, so I have a pretty good shot at winning the regular season 3rd place payout.

You probably wouldn't like me then, since I've locked up the top seed with a 10-3 record in a league where I'm 9th out of 12 in scoring. :

Head-to-head leagues are weak, IMO. Way too much luck involved. A points league is a much better indicator of a team owner's skill and knowledge of the game.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?