Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: OPS vs. OBP vs. BAS

Re: OPS vs. OBP vs. BAS

It wasn't his contract year.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

2. Turn Off Ads?

Actually my guess is you prefer the stat sheets or fantasy games to actually WATCHING the games. Myself, I WATCHED 99% of the Reds games on the Extra Innings package (120, 130??) and listened to most of the others.

So yes, I watched with my own eyes WMP making conscious efforts to use the whole field and doing so successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    And where did you find the statistic that told you that?

Oh, let me see, that is anecdotal evidence based on your observation, I get it.

Please correct me if wrong regarding his contract. My understanding is that Dunn will presumably be signing a new deal this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    It wasn't his contract year.

Quote Originally Posted by DunnHater
    Actually my guess is you prefer the stat sheets or fantasy games to actually WATCHING the games. Myself, I WATCHED 99% of the Reds games on the Extra Innings package (120, 130??) and listened to most of the others.

So yes, I watched with my own eyes WMP making conscious efforts to use the whole field and doing so successfully.

You watched all those games and you still came up with all this crazy stuff?!?!?!
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Did you see with your own eyes that WMP struck out more times per plate appearance than Dunn did?

Code:
    Player         Team    PA       K%
    Pena W.        CIN     364     30%
    Dunn A.        CIN     681     28%

Please correct me if wrong regarding his contract. My understanding is that Dunn will presumably be signing a new deal this winter.
    He's not going to be a free agent. It's arbitration, and players are always playing for raises, it's kinda how professional sports work.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Myself, I WATCHED 99% of the Reds games on the Extra Innings package (120, 130??) and listened to most of the others.
    A couch potato, armchair GM, coach and manager. A self-proclaimed expert.

Now I understand.

right.....(sigh).............
    he'll be signing a new contract - "contract year" is close enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    He's not going to be a free agent. It's arbitration, and players are always playing for raises, it's kinda how professional sports work.

what ever you say stat rat

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    A couch potato, armchair GM, coach and manager. A self-proclaimed expert.

Now I undrstand.

right.....(sigh).............

You seem to sigh a lot, DunnHater.

:RedinDC:
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

ah...the old "per plate appearance"......rather than "at bat"....

of course, those invaluable walks to pass a clutch rbi situation on to LaRue or Bragg or who knows who else must be factored in.

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed
    Did you see with your own eyes that WMP struck out more times per plate appearance than Dunn did?

Code:
    Player         Team    PA       K%
    Pena W.        CIN     364     30%
    Dunn A.        CIN     681     28%

How would you respond to a guy saying you are wrong for calling this year a "contract year" for Dunn?

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    You seem to sigh a lot, DunnHater.

:RedinDC:

of course, those invaluable walks to pass a clutch rbi situation on to LaRue or Bragg or who knows who else must be factored in.
    Right. Because great hitters swing at Balls.

Build your bridge yet?
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

A contract year implies Dunn is playing for a contract offer from multiple teams. He isn't. He's Reds property. period.

So you don't know the terminolgy.

It's about getting on base, and not making outs. Add to that Dunn's prolific power and incredible SLG and what you have is A HOF player in the making.

Don't hand us any garbage about rbi's. guys have to be on for him to jack one, and it certainly isn't his fault he had no credible protection in the lineup with Jr. and AK hurt most of the year.

You walked into Redszone. This is without a doubt the most intelligent fanzone on the internet. Don't bring the BA, RBI arguement here, it's got no weight. But if it makes you feel better, After Boone left, Dunn's BA jumped 50 points.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

:MandJ:

Turn Off Ads?